How naive that fans want to blame just one person for all the playoff failures

Hadenough

Reaction score
Three years in row actually.

During those three seasons everyone mostly played awesome but most of all Dak.

But when the playoffs came around Dak still played awesome although just not as awesome as he usually does, but the rest of the team folded.

As soon as the opposing team goes up by one TD in the playoffs it’s all over. Then the defense really sucks and so does the running game. Dak gets just a little bit worse, but unfortunately his awesomeness can’t save everyone else.
You could put Prescott on the 49ers or Chiefs and both those teams would lose in the first round of the playoffs. Just something about Prescott stinking that radiates deep throughout the team.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
As soon as the opposing team goes up by one TD in the playoffs it’s all over. Then the defense really sucks and so does the running game. Dak gets just a little bit worse, but unfortunately his awesomeness can’t save everyone else.
I see the less than serious nature of your post....
The defense didn't particularly suck in the 2 SF defeats. Were OK, kept us in the game....well gave Dak the opportunity to win/tie both game (if he could orchestrate a TD in one of the 4 drives).

The running game didn't suck in the GB game, it worked OK (inc Daks scramble), Dak chose to go pass heavy.

Dak is just Jekyll and Hyde between Armchair Dak vrs Pressure Scenario Dak. The MVP Dak (and the 2nd half GB performance -when game was lost) vrs having to step up especially in the cauldron of a play-off.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I see the less than serious nature of your post....
The defense didn't particularly suck in the 2 SF defeats. Were OK, kept us in the game....well gave Dak the opportunity to win/tie both game (if he could orchestrate a TD in one of the 4 drives).

The running game didn't suck in the GB game, it worked OK (inc Daks scramble), Dak chose to go pass heavy.

Dak is just Jekyll and Hyde between Armchair Dak vrs Pressure Scenario Dak. The MVP Dak (and the 2nd half GB performance -when game was lost) vrs having to step up especially in the cauldron of a play-off.
2023 the defense collapsed in the 4th quarter vs SF.
2022 the defense collapsed out the gate.

How does Dak force MM to call a pass heavy game? They were down 3 scores and you are indicting them passing the ball.

I can understand why people do not treat you seriously.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
When all is said and done, when I think of Super Bowl wins, I tend to think Mahomes or Brady. Not their team mates.
There is a reason 98% of fans don't recall who snapped the ball to Brady and who kicked for Brady. Or who blocked for Mahomes.
QBs accept the role.
They are victors with lucrative contracts and endorsements. Or bums.
You canna hoist your love man Dak and proclaim him a winner in the postseason and hide when Dak flops in wild card games. Before you flee, you will probably blame the coaching, WRs, blockers and not your man love Dak.
Lad, you canna have your fate and cheat it too.
One more postseason flop and Dak is there with the Quincys and other losers in Cowboy lore.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
When all is said and done, when I think of Super Bowl wins, I tend to think Mahomes or Brady. Not their team mates.
There is a reason 98% of fans don't recall who snapped the ball to Brady and who kicked for Brady. Or who blocked for Mahomes.
QBs accept the role.
They are victors with lucrative contracts and endorsements. Or bums.
You canna hoist your love man Dak and proclaim him a winner in the postseason and hide when Dak flops in wild card games. Before you flee, you will probably blame the coaching, WRs, blockers and not your man love Dak.
Lad, you canna have your fate and cheat it too.
One more postseason flop and Dak is there with the Quincys and other losers in Cowboy lore.
You haters are really triggered on Fathers Day. No presents?

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
2023 the defense collapsed in the 4th quarter vs SF.
2022 the defense collapsed out the gate.

How does Dak force MM to call a pass heavy game? They were down 3 scores and you are indicting them passing the ball.

I can understand why people do not treat you seriously.
Despite your so called COLLAPSES, Dak still had 4 opportunities to win/tie those games late in the 4th.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Did we figure out yet who is to blame? Let’s hogtie and throw them in the ocean because I’d like to get back to watching my team win Super Bowls.

Brax

Reaction score
Despite your so called COLLAPSES, Dak still had 4 opportunities to win/tie those games late in the 4th.
A QB draw and hand the ball to the center, classic Dak standing there looking lost, the Dak jock sniffers just don’t understand how he wilts under pressure.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
A QB draw and hand the ball to the center, classic Dak standing there looking lost, the Dak jock sniffers just don’t understand how he wilts under pressure.
Yea, they can point to a number of factors in the SF game, but regardless of that the Defense put Dak and the Offense in a position to Win. The Defense held out (to a manageable level). We were in the 4th Q and trailing by 6 and 7 pts respectively.

It's a bit like the famous quote in Importance of Being Earnest: To lose one play-off game (in such a manner), may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose both looks like carelessness.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Offense

You must have a balanced attack proving that you can both run the ball and pass the ball. The most important part of that balanced attack is being physical at the line of scrimmage when running the ball. The offensive line needs to dominate at the point of attack. Once you establish the run, it opens up the passing game. If you can dominate the line of scrimmage on offense, impose your will and take the life out of them physically, you’ll have much success.

Defense

The #1 priority of the defense is to be able to stop the run. It’s paramount to having a good defense because if you can stop the offense from running down your throats it means that you’re controlling the line of scrimmage. Again, physicality. Imposing your will on the opposing teams offense. It turns a team into a 1 dimensional team. Then you have them where you want them. If you can’t stop the run, you’re doomed in the playoffs.

Bottom Line

It’s all about physicality. It’s impossible to do either of the above if you can’t control the line of scrimmage. And you can’t just do 1 well, you have to do both well. Physicality is what football is all about. Controlling the line of scrimmage. The Cowboys haven’t been able to do both in the same season since the early 90’s. Yet CZ fans want to blame just one person for all the playoff failures. To put it nicely, how naive.
I am 100% comfortable blaming it all on GM Jethro.