How naive that fans want to blame just one person for all the playoff failures

Sydla

Reaction score
He played better than to say he did not play well at all.
Nah, he didn't play well.

Before the interception TD to go up 27-0, here were Dak's stats:

6-10, 59 yards and an interception.

He didn't pile up his stats UNTIL AFTER we were down 27-0.

He did not play well. He wasn't the only one, however, and that includes the coaching staff that frankly, should have been purged this offseason.

Last edited:

ArtClink

Reaction score
Offense

You must have a balanced attack proving that you can both run the ball and pass the ball. The most important part of that balanced attack is being physical at the line of scrimmage when running the ball. The offensive line needs to dominate at the point of attack. Once you establish the run, it opens up the passing game. If you can dominate the line of scrimmage on offense, impose your will and take the life out of them physically, you’ll have much success.

Defense

The #1 priority of the defense is to be able to stop the run. It’s paramount to having a good defense because if you can stop the offense from running down your throats it means that you’re controlling the line of scrimmage. Again, physicality. Imposing your will on the opposing teams offense. It turns a team into a 1 dimensional team. Then you have them where you want them. If you can’t stop the run, you’re doomed in the playoffs.

Bottom Line

It’s all about physicality. It’s impossible to do either of the above if you can’t control the line of scrimmage. And you can’t just do 1 well, you have to do both well. Physicality is what football is all about. Controlling the line of scrimmage. The Cowboys haven’t been able to do both in the same season since the early 90’s. Yet CZ fans want to blame just one person for all the playoff failures. To put it nicely, how naive.
One man and only one man is the sole reason why we have a 29 year div playoff win draught. He transcends any head coach or group of players.

Proof

Reaction score
Only 14 QBs make the playoffs each year.

Average would be in the 6-8 range.

Daks not higher than 10th in any of those categories.

Daks the definition of bottom of the barrel in the playoffs.
while there's nothing good to take away from those numbers. that's not all playoff qb's each year, it's 13 w/ 100 attempts over the past 3 years. just strange / arbitrary paramaters. again, still not good by any means, but made to look even worse by the wording and criteria

Proof

Reaction score
There’s nothing left for apologists so now they hang their hat on MVP even though he received no 1st place votes. The really sad part is that JJ will in all likelihood sign him to a mega deal and Dakchoka will continue his brilliant stat collection with nothing to show for it. The excuses keep coming in and the usual it’s everyone else’s fault but Dak. Get use to it for the next 4 years or so as Jerry doesn’t have the brains to do what’s right and wave goodbye to QB who needs a all world team to carry him.
"even though he received no 1st place votes" lol but apolgogists are hanging their hats? what a silly take.

Proof

Reaction score
Hell I will even admit that it is preferable that no QB should carry the team on his own. But in the modern day NFL you are going to have warts on your team. It's never going to be perfect. Even what is asked of Dak isn't even to carry the team, just don't do the things that hurt your team. Can't seem to do it.
this is about the fairest take I've seen about dak. and it's my gripe as well

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

He did not play well. He wasn't the only one, however, and that includes the coaching staff that frankly, should have been purged this offseason.
No one played well. Why are you focusing only on Dak? Just look at all your posts in this thread :facepalm:

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score

Off with their heads!!!

Brax

Reaction score
Wow...is it true that he got no first place votes? That's a dagger to the "Dak could have been MVP..." argument. Seems that people who watch the game wanted to give him credit but not THAT much credit.
Only Josh Allen received a first place cote(1) and you know what apologists say about him, a bum

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I mean we don't have to be that dramatic but don't claim Dak played well when in reality, he was a non-factor in that game until it got out of hand and then he started piling up stats that AC claims shows he "played well".
Don't have to be lol

I like how you have set this point in time where everything stops mattering and is not to be considered. I am betting the basis for said bias is 100% emotional and not on anything that changed in how either team played.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Geezus freaking criminey..............

Are some of you people incapable of being able to analyze multiple parts of the team at once? When we criticize one player or coach or group, is it an invalid criticism if we don't then also list every other single problem or player issue?

One looks foolish if they can't acknowledge the reality that if your QB doesn't play up to a certain level during the postseason push and in the postseason, it's going to be tough for that team to make a SB run. That's not a Dak thing. That's a NFL thing.
One looks foolish and foot all ignorant if you only blame one player against GB. Gente ignorante

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I mean we don't have to be that dramatic but don't claim Dak played well when in reality, he was a non-factor in that game until it got out of hand and then he started piling up stats that AC claims shows he "played well".
No one is saying that Dak played well, but he's NOT THE ONLY ONE THAT DIDN'T PLAY WELL....pull your head out and stop reading these posts without your Dak hate blinders.

ShortRound

Reaction score
how is he any different than anyone else here who 75% of the time starts a new post typically with the intention of bringing up a hot topic which leads to a flame war, which usually starts with our quarterback, Jerry Jones, the head coach, the perception of a historically bad off season, talk about 28years, or some lazy overpaid player...

literally that is what this place has become... People trying to get in their side and trying to pull people to their side that is how this place operates it is basically social media so you picking on him wanting to start yet another thread that will always lead to some hot topic flame war..
I didn't mention anyone or quote anyone. I wrote "Ya'll" so relax. Who the hell was I picking on? Jesus.