How naive that fans want to blame just one person for all the playoff failures

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
No one is saying that Dak played well, but he's NOT THE ONLY ONE THAT DIDN'T PLAY WELL....pull your head out and stop reading these posts without your Dak hate blinders.
This argument is irrelevant. Dak’s poor play led to 14 easy points.

Let’s say Dak didn’t have those picks and actually led the team to score just ten points. What’s the score now? 13-10.

It’s a completely different ball game. Dak was the primary cause of this playoff failure. Once it’s 27-0, the entire complexion of the game changes, putting the offense in desperation mode and the defense on its heels. The team scored their first 7 points with like 10s left in the half after getting the ball with 2.5 minutes left in the half. Two TOs alone decreases the stats for winning significantly, let alone giving the other team easy points off of them.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No one is saying that Dak played well, but he's NOT THE ONLY ONE THAT DIDN'T PLAY WELL....pull your head out and stop reading these posts without your Dak hate blinders.
I'm trying to find one person who said that. Can you help?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
how is he any different than anyone else here who 75% of the time starts a new post typically with the intention of bringing up a hot topic which leads to a flame war, which usually starts with our quarterback, Jerry Jones, the head coach, the perception of a historically bad off season, talk about 28years, or some lazy overpaid player...

literally that is what this place has become... People trying to get in their side and trying to pull people to their side that is how this place operates it is basically social media so you picking on him wanting to start yet another thread that will always lead to some hot topic flame war..
Thank you for showing @Rockport and @Ranching people think it's a lot of things not just Dak.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
To whom much is given, much is expected. Comes with the territory. If he doesn’t like it and cries about it like MP, then I reckon he can’t handle it and doesn’t deserve it either. FYI, lots of stuff was written already about the defense… they weren’t pinning it all on your hero. But he certainly didn’t help any. Just played another stinker in a clutch game.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Offense

You must have a balanced attack proving that you can both run the ball and pass the ball. The most important part of that balanced attack is being physical at the line of scrimmage when running the ball. The offensive line needs to dominate at the point of attack. Once you establish the run, it opens up the passing game. If you can dominate the line of scrimmage on offense, impose your will and take the life out of them physically, you’ll have much success.

Defense

The #1 priority of the defense is to be able to stop the run. It’s paramount to having a good defense because if you can stop the offense from running down your throats it means that you’re controlling the line of scrimmage. Again, physicality. Imposing your will on the opposing teams offense. It turns a team into a 1 dimensional team. Then you have them where you want them. If you can’t stop the run, you’re doomed in the playoffs.

Bottom Line

It’s all about physicality. It’s impossible to do either of the above if you can’t control the line of scrimmage. And you can’t just do 1 well, you have to do both well. Physicality is what football is all about. Controlling the line of scrimmage. The Cowboys haven’t been able to do both in the same season since the early 90’s. Yet CZ fans want to blame just one person for all the playoff failures. To put it nicely, how naive.
I blame one person.
The GM for the past 28 years.
The buck stops with him.

Mannix

Reaction score
Who is blaming just one person? I blame Booger, Chuckles, Corky, and Duk.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Dak was an All Pro last year and led the league in TD passes and was an NFL MVP finalist. I like Lance and hope he does well also.
Just because other players had a bad game does not excuse Dak for his two interceptions, including a pick-six. His performance alone was enough to get the team eliminated from the playoffs. As good as you think he is, he has unfortunately earned the distinction as a choke artist in the playoffs. Both observations are fair.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Just because other players had a bad game does not excuse Dak for his two interceptions, including a pick-six. His performance alone was enough to get the team eliminated from the playoffs. As good as you think he is, he has unfortunately earned the distinction as a choke artist in the playoffs. Both observations are fair.
I’ve never excused Dak for that. He took the snap and threw the int’s. I just realized that he was playing with an empty deck and trying everything he could to overcome it. He doesn’t quit like so many here do. Half this board has already quit on the season and are just here to complain.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
how is he any different than anyone else here who 75% of the time starts a new post typically with the intention of bringing up a hot topic which leads to a flame war, which usually starts with our quarterback, Jerry Jones, the head coach, the perception of a historically bad off season, talk about 28years, or some lazy overpaid player...

literally that is what this place has become... People trying to get in their side and trying to pull people to their side that is how this place operates it is basically social media so you picking on him wanting to start yet another thread that will always lead to some hot topic flame war..
@SteveTheCowboy take note.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I’ve never excused Dak for that. He took the snap and threw the int’s. I just realized that he was playing with an empty deck and trying everything he could to overcome it. He doesn’t quit like so many here do. Half this board has already quit on the season and are just here to complain.
Oh come on Rocky, complaining is a productive activity for fans. For the record, I have not yet quit on the season.