How naive that fans want to blame just one person for all the playoff failures

HungryLion

Reaction score
I think a lot of fans on this board spread the blame around pretty well.

The jones boys get heat.

Dak gets heat.

The coaches get heat.

The defense gets heat.

The running game gets heat.

all that being said. While yes, it’s a team game and it takes an entire team to win a Super Bowl. It is fair for people to evaluate individual players and whether they are or are not good enough to reach the ultimate goal as part of the team.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
THE problem is the quarterback because his process reading skills to find open wide receivers are not elite.

Dallas has a problem for 2024. 2 of the offensive line are new. Running backs are weak this year. When the offensive line and running back are strong it compensates for the QB weaknesses.
Yet he led the league in TD passes, accuracy, 2nd in QBR and 3rd in QB RTG. Oh and he was an All Pro this year. So tell us again how Dak is THE problem? :lmao:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

The jones boys get heat.

Dak gets heat.

The coaches get heat.

The defense gets heat.

all that being said. While yes, it’s a team game and it takes an entire team to win a Super Bowl. It is fair for people to evaluate individual players and whether they are or are not good enough to reach the ultimate goal as part of the team.
Nothing wrong with that as long as they’re knowledgeable and objective. Most of the haters don’t even realize it takes a team to reach and win the Super Bowl. Even with a team as flawed as the Cowboys were last year defensively and offensively they still put almost all the blame on Dak. You know it.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with that as long as they’re knowledgeable and objective. Most of the haters don’t even realize it takes a team to reach and win the Super Bowl. Even with a team as flawed as the Cowboys were last year defensively and offensively they still put almost all the blame on Dak. You know it.
Some posters yes.

leeblair

Reaction score
Offense

You must have a balanced attack proving that you can both run the ball and pass the ball. The most important part of that balanced attack is being physical at the line of scrimmage when running the ball. The offensive line needs to dominate at the point of attack. Once you establish the run, it opens up the passing game. If you can dominate the line of scrimmage on offense, impose your will and take the life out of them physically, you’ll have much success.

Defense

The #1 priority of the defense is to be able to stop the run. It’s paramount to having a good defense because if you can stop the offense from running down your throats it means that you’re controlling the line of scrimmage. Again, physicality. Imposing your will on the opposing teams offense. It turns a team into a 1 dimensional team. Then you have them where you want them. If you can’t stop the run, you’re doomed in the playoffs.

Bottom Line

It’s all about physicality. It’s impossible to do either of the above if you can’t control the line of scrimmage. And you can’t just do 1 well, you have to do both well. Physicality is what football is all about. Controlling the line of scrimmage. The Cowboys haven’t been able to do both in the same season since the early 90’s. Yet CZ fans want to blame just one person for all the playoff failures. To put it nicely, how naive.
Wow.
You never miss a chance to spout propaganda for your brother, do you.
Yet you don't acknowledge the facts- that it has been poor quarterback play that has stopped the Cowboys from advancing every season. Just last year he spotted the Packers 14 points in the first half that sunk the Cowboys before they had a chance. It was 27-0 before the Cowboys even scored because Dak not only didn't produce, he gave the Packers points.
Each year he has shut down early in big games, only putting points up when the opponent had the game well in hand and their defense was playing loose.
Dak threw the ball into the ground on 4th down to a wide open Ezekiel Elliott!
Dak is the weak link that keeps the Cowboys from achieving more.

KMY_Amber

Reaction score

The jones boys get heat.

Dak gets heat.

The coaches get heat.

The defense gets heat.

yeah, in this forum, we're equal opportunity haters, I agree.

Myself, I've blamed the o-line, the dee-line, the LBs, the safeties, Dak, McCarthy, Quinn and the Jones family...maybe all in the same week. LOL

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
You literally have a guy in this thread saying this.

And I have also said multiple times Dak wasn't the only player that struggled/failed to show up that day. Why do you read what you only want to read? But let's be very clear here, the most important player on the field and the one who can have the biggest impact on an outcome is the QB. Again, this isn't a Dak thing, it's a NFL thing. If ANY TEAM wants to make a run in the playoffs, other than the rare event here or there, that team's QB has to play well.

I fail to see how saying that is somehow ridiculous, LOL.
The loss of a football game is never 1 guy. There are however degrees to with each player contributes to the loss.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The loss of a football game is never 1 guy. There are however degrees to with each player contributes to the loss.
If the guy who handles the Ball most and is paid 20% of your cap isn't able to carry the team (esp in the playoffs) to victory then..............
the-god-father-marlon-brando.gif

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
THE problem is the quarterback because his process reading skills to find open wide receivers are not elite.

Dallas has a problem for 2024. 2 of the offensive line are new. Running backs are weak this year. When the offensive line and running back are strong it compensates for the QB weaknesses.
Yeah, that's why Dak threw for over 4,500 yards and 35+ TDs, only 9 INTs and a 105.9 passer rating. Dak is the problem. *eye roll*

kskboys

Reaction score
How droll. Another Dak thread so the extremists can repeat themselves once again. Weak thread.

Praxit

Reaction score
....we had a DC that put safeties as LB's. They were exploited.

We had a QB that panics, soon as his toys go missing

We have a HC that, probably never read or understood the Art Of War.

We have few superstars on the team, that disappear in big games

..its definitely a Whole team issues. To sum it up, Bad Luck finds them at most inopportune times.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
....we had a DC that put safeties as LB's. They were exploited.

We had a QB that panics, soon as his toys go missing

We have a HC that, probably never read or understood the Art Of War.

We have few superstars on the team, that disappear in big games

..its definitely a Whole team issues. To sum it up, Bad Luck finds them at most inopportune times.
No he panics because he knows there’s no play action plays available. That and he knows it’s all on his shoulders as there’s no running game.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
This isn't all that hard. Dak didn't play well in the GB game. Before the interception that put GB up 27-0, Dak had a very pedestrian first half. He wasn't the only player that struggled.

Dak was awful in the first half. He played better after he stopped forcing the ball and missing peeling coverage. That is besides the point. Why do we disregard what happened after the pick 6?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak was awful in the first half. He played better after he stopped forcing the ball and missing peeling coverage. That is besides the point. Why do we disregard what happened after the pick 6?
Did their defense soften? Some claim it did after a huge lead. I know it's unheard of in sports but just wanted to get your take.

Slick

Reaction score
there are 16 QBs making 30M or more. they can't all be elite. so its the NFL QB market. we know we are not going to see 16 Champions.

I think you are mistaken about Lance. if they liked Lance so much, they would have picked up his 5th year option which would be the 17th highest average in the NFL. the fact they didn't pick it up tells you actually how much they like him.

that's more your wishful thinking than anything else.
Considering he hasn't started an actual game as a Cowboy, that's a ridiculous statement.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Did their defense soften? Some claim it did after a huge lead. I know it's unheard of in sports but just wanted to get your take.
My take is GB could not generate a pass rush. I recall in the second half them going away from not being able to fit through tight coverage to Cooks to some Herculean catches through tight coverage for gimp Gallup. Ferg was consistently beating their coverage. Lamb was back to inconsistency from 2022 that had not reared its head in 2023. That was an ugly hundred yard game.

I know GB did not roll out prevent in the second half if that is what you mean.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Sad part is Jerry will in all likelihood resign him and those 4 will be posting call outs and saying how brilliant they are, and Dak will keep choking and telling everyone he will get better, in the best shape of his career, he’s finally mastered the offense after 12 seasons and wants another extension.
That is reality unfortunately but true.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
The Cowboys won Super Bowls in the 90s because they ran the ball, but just as importantly they had a QB who would make defenses pay if they crowded the line. Dak has had the luxury of having schemes tailored to cover his weaknesses since 2016.
However the warts show in big games, luckily for Dak we've had the weakest run of opponents in NFL history.
Cooper Rush plowed his way through our schedule, he's a awesome back up, but not a starter. Neither is Dak.
He'll always have that runner up MVP to hang his hat on when he's finally gone with nothing to show.