How special was Blands record breaking pick 6 to you?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Any time something that can be done that has NEVER been done by any of the greats that have played the game before, it is remarkable. I was rooting for it to happen the entire game, just as I was rooting for CeeDee to get 10 catches and 150 yards for the third game in a row when he broke that record. It adds a little extra to the game when you are rooting for something more than just a win. I thought he would be tackled by the 2 guys. I was going nuts when he somehow got past them. I’ve watched the replay probably 200 times.
Same here. I felt like it was going to happen, and I was telling everyone watching with me I wanted to see it...then BOOM!!! It was the most exciting play I've experienced in a long time.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
THOUGHTS: Did Washington HELP HIM GET IN THE END ZONE? Doesn't seem like there was much effort, #8 I think it was came running towards him, and SOMEHOW got tangled up with his own player. IN a meaningful situation, he makes that tackle!!!!!!!
Coogs, we see poor tackling in almost every game, and defenders running into each other pretty often too. Look at some of the things Barry Sanders used to cause defenders to do. They thought they had him, and they'd actually look surprised when they came up completely empty handed.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
THOUGHTS: Did Washington HELP HIM GET IN THE END ZONE? Doesn't seem like there was much effort, #8 I think it was came running towards him, and SOMEHOW got tangled up with his own player. IN a meaningful situation, he makes that tackle!!!!!!!
How many times are you gonna say this foolish crap? Nobody wants to be "posterized" forever. Anything to diminish something great. Pathetic.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And if I recall, many in the draft day thread, thought Bland was a reach with the pick they got for Amari. Then went on a tirade about that as well.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
The stat that was read that blows me away is the Deion had 9 pick 6s in his entire career. Deion is the standard that all are measured against, and to think that bland has 5 this season is insane. Getting one is damn hard and Bland is just doing it like its a weekly play.

Qcard

Reaction score
To me it was one of the first times in a long time I was overly excited and going crazy. Probably since Emmitts record breaker but even that was about when not if. It was awesome, one of the best moments in Cowboys history. To think this is who we got from the Amari Cooper trade is actually crazy. Bland wasn't even a ranked CB by NFL.com. When McClay is allowed to do his thing and not have to reach for a position he is amazing. Next draft I put McClay, his scouts and a guy to man the phones and I lock the war room. Seriously though what a find, what a player, what a record that I don't see having a chance to ever be broken let alone tied. Just an awesome moment.

Man, love Romo and he's right Nantz made a hell of a call on the play. Amazing, just amazing all around.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl...n-bland-interception/85403c444bb72492b12e570a

It made my Vanilla Bean Ice Cream and Sweet Potato Pie Glorious!!!

1. Warm the hefty slice of Sweet Potatoe Pie in Microwave/ or Oven

2. Take Thor Hammer Size serving Spoon and scoop the lactose free Vanilla Bean Manna onto sweating pie.

3. Enjoy watching you kids destroy your Father-in-law's Eagles shrine while Daron Bland tries to act Humble like the THOT your neighbors kids brought over for seconds. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :facepalm: :espn:

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Happy for the young man but I couldn't care less about the play itself.

It would be different had it been a real difference making play instead of just a personal achievement with no real bearing on the outcome.

Congrats to Bland for earning his place in NFL history.

BigDPlayer

Reaction score
To me it was one of the first times in a long time I was overly excited and going crazy. Probably since Emmitts record breaker but even that was about when not if. It was awesome, one of the best moments in Cowboys history. To think this is who we got from the Amari Cooper trade is actually crazy. Bland wasn't even a ranked CB by NFL.com. When McClay is allowed to do his thing and not have to reach for a position he is amazing. Next draft I put McClay, his scouts and a guy to man the phones and I lock the war room. Seriously though what a find, what a player, what a record that I don't see having a chance to ever be broken let alone tied. Just an awesome moment.

Man, love Romo and he's right Nantz made a hell of a call on the play. Amazing, just amazing all around.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl...n-bland-interception/85403c444bb72492b12e570a

Breaking this NFL record is an amazing accomplishment, period. I am so thankful he is on our team and cannot wait until next season with him and a healthy Diggs... watch out NFL!

Absolutely a FRONT RUNNER for DPOY, how can he not be? Historic Performance = Historic Recognition!

GO COWBOYS!!

Qcard

Reaction score

It would be different had it been a real difference making play instead of just a personal achievement with no real bearing on the outcome.

No Kidding Sherlock most of these Records get Broken in garbage time of games....History much

JayFord

Reaction score
Jim Nantz: THIS IS HISTORY!!!!!!

what a call!!!!!!

Daron breaking that record was so special...im usually stonefaced during games

we score touchdowns and i have 0 emotions (honestly im waiting for a flag) but i usually have no emotion on our big plays and one could mistake me for not caring

but Bland breaking the record i actually jumped up and started screaming and i havent done that since the miles sanders fumble last yr and before that Dez running to the endzone vs the broncos

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

The Cowboys win was nice albeit expected. The late pick 6 for an NFL record though made the game even more special. Definitely the "cherry on top" for Thanksgiving.

rambo2

Reaction score

His record will stand forever and he might get another one before the end of the season.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
It was cool to see.

Crazy to think Bland almost has as many pick-6s this season (5) as Mo Claiborne does career interceptions (7).

rambo2

Reaction score

They can write that on your tombstone and his record will still stand.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

I give Quinn a lot of credit for the corners we acquire in the draft. He has a type, so it makes it easier for the scouts to go into the draft looking for his type. They may fail with some of them, like Nashon Wright, and the strategy may backfire at times (Joseph over Asante Samuel Jr., although Joseph didn't completely fit the type), but it's been pretty effective overall.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Nothing special to me...does not affect me at all.