How special was Blands record breaking pick 6 to you?

GMO415

Reaction score
From what I keep hearing it's ground breaking, but I'm not a stat guy.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
The broadcast call timing was also perfect because Tracy Wolfson had just barely finished her story about the turkey legs being in the Salvation Army buckets. That was actually an interesting story as far as sideline reports go, but there's definitely an alternate universe where that story runs long and completely ruins the call for the Bland pick-six.

McMicah

Reaction score
I don’t think people realize how insane this guy is. The most CAREER pick 6s is 12. Daron might walk out of this season with 6, maybe 7.

ottawacowpoke

Reaction score
It was very special because I was there and it happened right in front of me and I saw NFL history. As the play developed you could see Bland planning to break on the ball and could see how he was going to intercept it. The only question was, is he going to score. It was so loud you could barely hear yourself think or scream. The eruption from extreme cheering at such a high level was really something to experience. Strangers all around me to high fiving complete strangers. I don't know why but my eyes started leaking a little. How special was it to me? I'll NEVER forget it.
This is awesome. Good for you!

DFWJC

Reaction score
What do you consider a shutdown corner?
LOVE the player. Incredible draft steal by the Cowboys

I know you were addressing KJJ but my 2 cents are that a shutdown corner is a man coverage guy who you move around to take out the other teams top WR. That is not what Bland is

Momanpr100

Reaction score
LOVE the player. Incredible draft steal by the Cowboys

I know you were addressing KJJ but my 2 cents are that a shutdown corner is a man coverage guy who you move around to take out the other teams top WR. That is not what Bland is
Yea I hear you, I only brang it up cause he was the one talking about the topic. Right now teams are pretty much forced to throw to Bland cause Gillmore, but that will stop soon enough. As far as I'm concerned, he doesn't give up much big plays, doesn't give up much Tds and only 2nd year. Nobody was talking about shutdown corner until he mentioned it.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
What do you consider a shutdown corner?
Essentially a corner who can shut down half the field and has great ball hawking skills. A corner you can lock on a teams best receiver, such as an AJ Green or Justin Jefferson and not have to worry about it. Bland has great ball hawking skills but I don’t think he’s at the level at least not yet where he can shut down an AJ Green one on one or a Justin Jefferson. You have to remember Bland is still a young player, only in a second year. Some fans are going a little overboard. One fan claimed he’s better than Deion Sanders. lol He’s off to a great start in his career, but let’s tap the brakes a little.

Momanpr100

Reaction score
Essentially a corner who can shut down half the field and has great ball hawking skills. A corner you can lock on a teams best receiver, such as an AJ Green or Justin Jefferson and not have to worry about it. Bland has great ball hawking skills but I don’t think he’s at the level at least not yet where he can shut down an AJ Green one on one or a Justin Jefferson. You have to remember Bland is still a young player, only in a second year. Some fans are going a little overboard. One fan claimed he’s better than Deion Sanders. lol He’s off to a great start in his career, but let’s tap the brakes a little.
I agree, read my above comment. I don't think nobody is calling bland a lock down corner yet.

plymkr

Reaction score
To me the best 2 regular season games in the last 30 years are Emmitt setting the all time rushing record and Thursday. I was so fired up when Bland got the NFL all time pick 6 record. That was really cool. Watching history happen in the moment. As far as Cowboys memories go, obviously the Super Bowls are at the top but non playoff wins I feel the Seattle game with Emmitt and Thanksgiving game with Bland are my top two regular season games.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
Nothing, nothing, nothing will compare with beating SF in Candlestick in 1992. They had Jerry freaking Rice, Steve Young, Ricky Watters, Brent Jones and a stout defense. They were IT...and we BEAT THEM IN SF. With Jimmy calling the shots. The Alvin Harper catch-and-run beats out Bland's INT by a hair...given the stakes. Harper's was on the road...so you don't have the roar of the crowd like with Bland.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
THOUGHTS: Did Washington HELP HIM GET IN THE END ZONE? Doesn't seem like there was much effort, #8 I think it was came running towards him, and SOMEHOW got tangled up with his own player. IN a meaningful situation, he makes that tackle!!!!!!!
Yeah they purposely ran into each other and risked injury to help Dallas score. You're brilliant.

coult44

Reaction score
I was with my son, son and son in law who are die hards, a room full of casuals, a few 49er, dolphin, and Seahawk fans. It was one of the most exciting plays ever because of the setting. Between the World Series games and this, we are really getting spoiled. Let’s just keep it going!!!

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
To me it was one of the first times in a long time I was overly excited and going crazy. Probably since Emmitts record breaker but even that was about when not if. It was awesome, one of the best moments in Cowboys history. To think this is who we got from the Amari Cooper trade is actually crazy. Bland wasn't even a ranked CB by NFL.com. When McClay is allowed to do his thing and not have to reach for a position he is amazing. Next draft I put McClay, his scouts and a guy to man the phones and I lock the war room. Seriously though what a find, what a player, what a record that I don't see having a chance to ever be broken let alone tied. Just an awesome moment.

Man, love Romo and he's right Nantz made a hell of a call on the play. Amazing, just amazing all around.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl...n-bland-interception/85403c444bb72492b12e570a

"Overly excited" and going crazy, huh?
No doubt a great moment of Cowboys lore.:)
But, dear wayward boy, the specialness of Bland's record breaking feat I guess is commensurate with how you measure things in your life, yes?
I bet you get all excited over a circus parade or a store grand opening.
Pleased as always