How special was Blands record breaking pick 6 to you?

deerhunter11

Reaction score
I was a bit stunned ,when bland crossed the goal line . I was expecting he would get another pick 6 , in the game . But when he did I couldn't believe it really happened again.I bet he gets at least one more this season.

tico

Reaction score
Exciting, this one means alot to us Northern Cali folks especially in the 209 Central Valley...Coming out of Modesto Christian, Sac State then Fresno State.... Him and Aaron Judge, Diaz Bros are the beasts of the 209...

Kellsbells

Reaction score
Essentially a corner who can shut down half the field and has great ball hawking skills. A corner you can lock on a teams best receiver, such as an AJ Green or Justin Jefferson and not have to worry about it. Bland has great ball hawking skills but I don’t think he’s at the level at least not yet where he can shut down an AJ Green one on one or a Justin Jefferson. You have to remember Bland is still a young player, only in a second year. Some fans are going a little overboard. One fan claimed he’s better than Deion Sanders. lol He’s off to a great start in his career, but let’s tap the brakes a little.
Considering he’s leading the league in opposing quarterback rating against him, and I don’t even think it’s close, I’d say he’s as close as there is right now.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Considering he’s leading the league in opposing quarterback rating against him, and I don’t even think it’s close, I’d say he’s as close as there is right now.
Entering the season he wasn’t ranked as one of the top 10 corners in the league. He was way down the list. He’s obviously started to climb the list now. I haven’t heard anyone who gets paid to talk football say he’s a shutdown corner. Most feel Sauce Gardner is the only true shutdown corner currently. He doesn’t allow a lot of catches.

Last edited:

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Any time something that can be done that has NEVER been done by any of the greats that have played the game before, it is remarkable. I was rooting for it to happen the entire game, just as I was rooting for CeeDee to get 10 catches and 150 yards for the third game in a row when he broke that record. It adds a little extra to the game when you are rooting for something more than just a win. I thought he would be tackled by the 2 guys. I was going nuts when he somehow got past them. I’ve watched the replay probably 200 times.
Me too, Exact same thing

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
It was cool to see, but it's regular season game and an individual record. It is way down the list of "special" moments for me as a 50+ year Cowboys fan.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
To me it was one of the first times in a long time I was overly excited and going crazy. Probably since Emmitts record breaker but even that was about when not if. It was awesome, one of the best moments in Cowboys history. To think this is who we got from the Amari Cooper trade is actually crazy. Bland wasn't even a ranked CB by NFL.com. When McClay is allowed to do his thing and not have to reach for a position he is amazing. Next draft I put McClay, his scouts and a guy to man the phones and I lock the war room. Seriously though what a find, what a player, what a record that I don't see having a chance to ever be broken let alone tied. Just an awesome moment.

Man, love Romo and he's right Nantz made a hell of a call on the play. Amazing, just amazing all around.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl...n-bland-interception/85403c444bb72492b12e570a

One of the best highlights of the last many years.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Those of you calling it an individual accomplishment really missed the ball. I'm glad Bland didn't. As soon as he picked it, I jumped out of my seat and starting yelling "Daron Bland" over and over. When he made everybody miss because he wouldn't be denied, I just lost it. One of the greatest regular season moments of my Cowboys fandom and that's saying a lot. He achieved an individual accomplish as as a Dallas Cowboy. That benefits the team no matter how you slice it. This is now my favorite Turkey Day game ever (I wasn't a fan yet for Clint Longley's heroics) and that's also saying a lot.

plasticman

Reaction score
The storyline was that the Cowboys got terrible value from trading Cooper.

Well, they were right on paper but fate has a way of twisting things and the Cowboys do have a history of cashing in when it does.

They wanted Patrick Surtain but had to settle for Micah Parsons.

Jerry was so upset he didn't get to draft Johnny Manziel. Instead, all he got was Zack Martin.

The Cowboys were disappointed they couldn't swing a deal to move up to the first to get Paxton Lynch. On a sidenote, they drafted Dak Prescott in the 4th.

Jimmy Johnson really liked a linebacker in 1990 by the name of James Francis. After he was taken some old scout talked Jimmy into taking Emmitt Smith.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Jim Nantz did a good job being ready for it. Wasn’t really thinking about it, not like the Emmitt rushing record where you knew it was going to happen.

So because he called it so quickly, I instantly knew what was happening, and it also went great with it being such a long run.
That's why Nantz is by far and away the best in the business. Huge loss for CBS that he's retiring after the season.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
The Texas Rangers winning the World Series was much bigger for me. Individual accomplishments are cool and all, but they don't bring Lombardi's to the trophy case.

cowboyed

Reaction score
I agree, read my above comment. I don't think nobody is calling bland a lock down corner yet.
At this juncture, why is it relevant to some, to comment over Bland not yet being a lockdown corner at this historical NFL record moment of breaking the pick 6 record. I know it is not meant as criticism but it seems to cast a little shade on his current outstanding achievement. Isn't it enough that Bland not only intercepts footballs but has a strong tendency to run them in for touchdowns? He is a CB in his second season and had to take over for an injured Diggs of all key secondary players.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
"Overly excited" and going crazy, huh?
No doubt a great moment of Cowboys lore.:)
But, dear wayward boy, the specialness of Bland's record breaking feat I guess is commensurate with how you measure things in your life, yes?
I bet you get all excited over a circus parade or a store grand opening.
Pleased as always
I can't stand you. If theres more of you where you are from I wouldn't even go vacation there.

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
It was the only time I jumped out of my seat on Thursday. I get excited for Bkand because he hasnt displayed the negative side of cover corners that we see from Diggs, periodically, where he makes business decisions. I’ll never forget his business decision against Kittle in the playoff where it could’ve been game changing play but Diggs bailed out and gave up the first down.

Momanpr100

Reaction score
At this juncture, why is it relevant to some, to comment over Bland not yet being a lockdown corner at this historical NFL record moment of breaking the pick 6 record. I know it is not meant as criticism but it seems to cast a little shade on his current outstanding achievement. Isn't it enough that Bland not only intercepts footballs but has a strong tendency to run them in for touchdowns? He is a CB in his second season and had to take over for an injured Diggs of all key secondary players.
He's the only one to bring the subject up. And I agree, It's very much shade