How to stay a fan of this team?

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
We still have 5 championships!!!!!!

After a while though, I think we're turning into Browns fans when they talk about how great they were when they had Jim Brown back in the day.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
My suggestion is you find another team to support until this team figures it out...don't be a slave to this nonsense

I actually am thinking about watching the Jets more.

camaro69

Benched
Reaction score
Been a fan for about 40 years. This is as bad as I have felt. Dak may not be the answer so the thought of having to develop another QB is rough. Jason Garrett has destroyed this generation of Dallas talent. The latest is the OL which looks to be a shell. On top of it all is Jerry. Mr. $5 billion valuation. He created this cesspool. 20 years plus and he is as clueless as ever. I used to think I would out live him. Along comes Junior who may actually be worse.

How can you root for this franchise? Is it hopeless? My love of the NFL is taking a nosedive so I truly believe I could give it up.

Is there any hope?
39 years for me. In my heart I know I will never see this team win another super bowl in my lifetime as long as it's owned by the Jones family

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
We've been through bad times before. 2010 with Wade getting canned felt a lot like this. '15 felt a lot like this. There will be those 2014 and 2016 type years along the way, you've just got to learn to enjoy the good times and weather the bad ones.

DCowboyz

Reaction score
It’s been like this for awhile. I do hate that the Browns have a better future than us. Better team at that too. Pretty crazy.

CowboysDrew

Reaction score
Staying a fan is really easy for me.

I was born a Dallas fan. Lived in DFW for most of my early life. My father did contract work for the team. I knew a lot of the players. Crazy Ray bought me Chopper Command for the Atari 2600 for my 6th Birthday.

I get it, times might be bad. But you'll bury me in Silver and Blue.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
This is tough. 8 years into a process and nothing to show. The team is going backwards.

Luckily I was in a golf tournament this weekend this weekend and had an excuse not to watch. It’s easier to watch the replay with 0 expectations.
Longer than that when you consider, this is still based on Garrett's offensive philosophy. It's a long process kinda like making a diamond.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Other than stabilizing meds....pre made chores and alternative plans to unnecessary meetings and interviews to jobs you don’t need seems to work. “Hi,I’m Franklin...heard great things about Harry’s House of Donuts,and thought I’d inquire about the profession. And no problem...Sunday’s are always good for me.”

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Learn to take the humiliation, the endless jokes, the heartbreak, the Xanax and the Ambien.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
It’s been like this for awhile. I do hate that the Browns have a better future than us. Better team at that too. Pretty crazy.
What makes it worse, is that the Browns have really only put this team together in the past 2 years. I don't think they have any 1st round picks on their team from before 2016. Pretty crazy when you consider how many high picks they had over the last several years.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
It's very difficult. I hate almost everything about this team. They're boring, they play a brand of outdated football, they're low-IQ, everything about them screams vanilla. The stadium experience stinks. The NFL continues to evolve and the Cowboys are stuck in the 90s

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Been a fan for about 40 years. This is as bad as I have felt. Dak may not be the answer so the thought of having to develop another QB is rough. Jason Garrett has destroyed this generation of Dallas talent. The latest is the OL which looks to be a shell. On top of it all is Jerry. Mr. $5 billion valuation. He created this cesspool. 20 years plus and he is as clueless as ever. I used to think I would out live him. Along comes Junior who may actually be worse.

How can you root for this franchise? Is it hopeless? My love of the NFL is taking a nosedive so I truly believe I could give it up.

Is there any hope?
How do I root for this franchise? Well first of all, I refuse to allow the clown that has caused this mediocrity and playoff failure the last 20+ seasons steal my favorite team from me. His is the naked emperor, and long ago I stopped pretending he’s not naked and stupid as a leader of a football organization. Trust me, the rest of the league laughs at Jerry in everything except for money.

One reason it bothers me less is because I don’t see the players as the main cause of our current problems. Once you remove frustrations about specific players and realize that the WAY this franchise is structured and run is the main cause of all our problems. I’m not saying players can’t play better, but I honestly believe Will McClay has improved the talent enough on this team to compete. It’s the top of the organization that is THE PROBLEM.

I know everyone says we can’t do anything about that. I disagree. Jerry pays attention to fan approval. If he feels the fans are getting fed up, he pays attention. His #1 goal is always financial. Never forget that Jerry put winning as his third highest goal, at best.

Stop believing anything that guy says or sells and you will automatically feel better because he lives in a fantasy world hoping fans will join him.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've been a fan for 39 years too. Nothing will stop me from rooting for the Dallas Cowboys. It just isn't as much fun as it used to be. What hurts now is that every time something looks promising - Dak and Zeke in 2016, the O-Line, the Hot Boyz, etc. - it turns out to be a mirage. Can they turn things around this season? It all seems so hopeless, but I'm a Cowboys fan and I will stick with them. That's what fans do.

Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score
I find it hilarious when people say oh I been a fan for a million years I can’t take this.

At least you saw glory. 2014 was our best team I ever got to see. Bunch of baby’s I’m so livid with this front office and team and I’d never consider jumping ship

Virginia-Dave

Reaction score
I actually apologized to my 12 year old son today for making him a Cowboys fan. 2014 & 2016 are the only years he remembers the team winning, and now it looks like he's in for a lot of years of misery. And being a Cowboys fan brings you a lot of hate, especially living in the DC area. All my fault.