How to stay a fan of this team?

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
As someone who grew up with Eagles fans and started watching in 1999/2000, I must admit that I am losing my passion for the game and the team. I try to stay positive and optimistic, but I must admit that it's hard. I try to look for the few things that this team has and hope for the best with them. Seeing the Garrett experience has really been causing be to lose the passion for the team I once had. I can't remember the last time that I was just sitting and seething watching a team that I consider my team. It was my best friend (a Broncos fan) who suggested we start playing games because it's not fun seeing me stew like I was. I can't remember the last time that I actually voluntarily quit watching out of lack of interest. I intend to be a fan for a while longer, but I don't know how much longer. I hope it's forever though.
I'm with you 110% my friend.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Very well said.

We had this game off at halftime. No hope for me mate. Time to get back to reality by turning off the NFL and start fishing again. I can always waste 5 minutes watching lowlights afterwards instead of 3 hours in real time..Fortunately I've still got old-timer memories of what the Cowboys once were. Tom Landry is spinning in his grave, bless his soul, and Jimmy Johnson must be laughing at this freak show.

I hear you 100 pct. More weekend fun outside for me. Too many fish and golf balls to chase.

yimyammer

Reaction score
It starts at the Ownership/GM spot, we have consistently spent high draft picks on project players. Consider Jaylon Smith, could anyone tell me what other team was salivating on taking him in the 2nd or 3rd or even 4th round? Were there that many teams sitting around at draft time looking to draft a guy whose entire career was uncertain at that point? The Cowboys draft him and we eat 2 years of rehab. 2 years where we could have had a quality starter but instead we are stuck in a project. The same thing was seen with Sean Lee, we are seeing it with Van Der Esch.

& Gregory

yimyammer

Reaction score
There is really nothing as fans that we can do

Not true,

quit watching the games, don't listen to jeri and spawn on the radio, read anything in print or watch anything on TV, don't buy merchandise; don't tweet, don't facebook about them, contact all radio, tv and newspaper sources and tell them you wont read, listen or watch until jeri & spawn are gone.

Imagine if every cowboy fan did this and refused to return until jeri sold the team, it would be a glorious thing to watch, he'd ultimately have to sell if there was no one to buy what the jack *** was selling.

I'd trade 2 Super Bowls to see that happen.

but alas, the fans wont ever unite to do this so we're complicit in empowering jeri & spawn to do whatever the hell they want