How to stay a fan of this team?

JayFord

Reaction score
its easy. Dont listen to Jerry he will sell you a dream. Thats his job thats how he stays in business.

Look at the team. The team is average. Thats it were never bad enough to go 4-12 but were not going to superbowls

JayFord

Reaction score
I actually apologized to my 12 year old son today for making him a Cowboys fan. 2014 & 2016 are the only years he remembers the team winning, and now it looks like he's in for a lot of years of misery. And being a Cowboys fan brings you a lot of hate, especially living in the DC area. All my fault.

Especialy from Commanders fans. Commanders fans could beat the steelers and they will say “i know the cowboys fans are sick right now” as if were playing them

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
My suggestion is you find another team to support until this team figures it out...don't be a slave to this nonsense
We all wish we could, but you can’t change your favorite team. It’s a stupid immature rule, but it is a rule we all follow.

cheftjpeck

Reaction score
I know it looks bleak and heck I don’t blame those who want to jump off but I will always be a cowboys fan no matter what .. I would stop being a fan of the NFL all together before I stopped being a fan of the Dallas Cowboys. I’ve been a fan for over 40 years too but I couldn’t imagine not being a fan. It’s not an affair, it’s a relationship. It has its ups and downs , obviously allot more downs but the Dallas Cowboys still are a team in rare air .. not many fan bases have seen their teams win one super bowl let alone 5.. I’m not here to argue that we haven’t won crap in 23 years ++ but I still hang onto the hope that we will win again .. if we don’t then I will go to my grave still proud of the moments I had as a cowboys fan..
I look forward to going to see them play next week in ATT stadium for my first game ever in their home stadium.. I hope we beat the lions .. I look forward to walking the sideline during pre game warmups.. meeting some cowboys legends during the tailgating party .. getting some pics and autographs of some cowboys legends and currrnt stars .. touring the Star .. touring the stadium .. and knowing win lose or draw .. the Dallas Cowboys are my team for life .. nothing will change that until I die
Peace

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
8-8

No Playoffs, & Middle of the chart 1st Round Pick .

The worst of both worlds, thats what Garrett gives us.

blumayne38

Reaction score
Been a fan for about 40 years. This is as bad as I have felt. Dak may not be the answer so the thought of having to develop another QB is rough. Jason Garrett has destroyed this generation of Dallas talent. The latest is the OL which looks to be a shell. On top of it all is Jerry. Mr. $5 billion valuation. He created this cesspool. 20 years plus and he is as clueless as ever. I used to think I would out live him. Along comes Junior who may actually be worse.

How can you root for this franchise? Is it hopeless? My love of the NFL is taking a nosedive so I truly believe I could give it up.

Is there any hope?
Turn off the tv before it gets to bad and watch romo highlights

QT

Reaction score
I feel your pain. It's pretty hard to stay a fan of this current team. I've been following the Cowboys since Danny White. With Jerry as the GM; I don't see a positive change in this current team. The highs from the 90s team have since gone away.

mardwin

Reaction score
Been a fan for about 40 years. This is as bad as I have felt. Dak may not be the answer so the thought of having to develop another QB is rough. Jason Garrett has destroyed this generation of Dallas talent. The latest is the OL which looks to be a shell. On top of it all is Jerry. Mr. $5 billion valuation. He created this cesspool. 20 years plus and he is as clueless as ever. I used to think I would out live him. Along comes Junior who may actually be worse.

How can you root for this franchise? Is it hopeless? My love of the NFL is taking a nosedive so I truly believe I could give it up.

Is there any hope?

Lol! Just temper your expectations season after season. This is not your 1990s Dallas Cowboys; we are no more than the NFC Bengals and Bengals don't win super bowls.

JayFord

Reaction score
Lol! Just temper your expectations season after season. This is not your 1990s Dallas Cowboys; we are no more than the NFC Bengals and Bengals don't win super bowls.

Were the nfc chargers

Wood

Reaction score

Is there any hope?

good question. Many are struggling with this. First you need to define your objective as fan. It might be in this team best interest to not to win many more games this year. It likely brings in new HC, OC, QB & top 5-7 draft pick. But thats hard pill to swallow for next 13 weeks.

mardwin

Reaction score
Were the nfc chargers

I believe the Chargers made the AFC championships a few times with LT and Rivers. We can't even reach the conference championship that's how bad we have been since the Jones took full control of the front office.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
It starts at the Ownership/GM spot, we have consistently spent high draft picks on project players. Consider Jaylon Smith, could anyone tell me what other team was salivating on taking him in the 2nd or 3rd or even 4th round? Were there that many teams sitting around at draft time looking to draft a guy whose entire career was uncertain at that point? The Cowboys draft him and we eat 2 years of rehab. 2 years where we could have had a quality starter but instead we are stuck in a project. The same thing was seen with Sean Lee, we are seeing it with Van Der Esch.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
good question. Many are struggling with this. First you need to define your objective as fan. It might be in this team best interest to not to win many more games this year. It likely brings in new HC, OC, QB & top 5-7 draft pick. But thats hard pill to swallow for next 13 weeks.

i'm in.

tank the season to boot garrett.