How to stay a fan of this team?

Zordon

Reaction score
Before parcells quincy carter offenses were downright horrendous they were lucky to put up 13 points
worse than this?

please don't take the stat padding at the end into account. the game was already over.

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
Consecutive 5-11 years with a roster no where near as talented as todays.....those were much darker days.

That was the good ol days....you could get 4 tickets and 4 hot dogs for $99. Worst thing about it was watching Ryan Leaf and Clint Stoerner trash the place up.

visionary

Reaction score
Consecutive 5-11 years with a roster no where near as talented as todays.....those were much darker days.

These are worse
Much worse

Then we knew it's a matter of time before Jerry had to fire the poodle
Here there is no such hope

JayFord

Reaction score
worse than this?

please don't take the stat padding at the end into account. the game was already over.

Our offense today was deplorable......carters offense was like today but 16 times a year

mathew1184

Reaction score
Been a fan for about 40 years. This is as bad as I have felt. Dak may not be the answer so the thought of having to develop another QB is rough. Jason Garrett has destroyed this generation of Dallas talent. The latest is the OL which looks to be a shell. On top of it all is Jerry. Mr. $5 billion valuation. He created this cesspool. 20 years plus and he is as clueless as ever. I used to think I would out live him. Along comes Junior who may actually be worse.

How can you root for this franchise? Is it hopeless? My love of the NFL is taking a nosedive so I truly believe I could give it up.

Is there any hope?
I dont know, I feel the same way. This has been MY team since I was 9...I'm just dumbfounded how JJ has just ruined my love for this team..I feel screwed over by the owners and staff..but Im not angry, im just hurt. I cant root for anyone else, and I dont want to stop watching NFL football, but im starting to really feel Id be better off spending my time and energy on something else.

Last edited:

QT

Reaction score
Watching Babe Laufenberg's QB this team was as bad as Ryan Leaf.

JayFord

Reaction score
That was the good ol days....you could get 4 tickets and 4 hot dogs for $99. Worst thing about it was watching Ryan Leaf and Clint Stoerner trash the place up.

Oh no.....throw in drew henson and anthony wright fir good measure

zerofill

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I stay with the team.

Fortunately, I have learned to laugh now.

I will be laughing until drastic changes are made. Then I will have hope again, so that it can get crushed.

I can get angry again, and then I can go back to laughing again.

rinse... repeat...

Reaction score
As Jason Garrett is sitting on his couch with his feet on the coffee table, I wonder if he thinks his job is in jeopardy? Or if he still thinks everything is hunky-dory?

I'd love to know what he's thinking?

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
I guess the only positive is that we have a ton of cap space with a young team, and we've been drafting well. It's sad that Jason Garrett has wasted so much talent over the years, but the team is in a good spot to turn it around.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Hasn't won anything in 20 years, yet first sports franchise to be valued at 5 billion....yep he's not worried.
Jerrah can't help it.

He came from oil drilling where you strike it rich then..

you starve until the next well comes in.

Obviously..

Jerrah thought his new wells come in when Romo went down and DAK stepped up along with Zeke.

Not sure we can change how the organization,goes about things now.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Its similar to having a problem family member when you have been a fan for 48 yrs . You just have to give your support ride it out and hope things get better .
There is really nothing as fans that we can do but feel lucky to be spoiled in the 70s and 90s

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
I will always be a Cowboys fan, but my intensity level has been diminishing more and more. The losses are expected now rather than hard to take. The emotional attachment to this team is quickly evaporating.

Jipper

Reaction score
I am not bailing on them, but apathy is setting in for me. I barely watched the second half. The game was on in the background while I did some work around the house.

me too...and i have always been a diehard fan...since i was very young, never miss games....but its getting to the point where i just dont care as much as i used to....i have a 2 and a 4 year old and I was always worried how i would feel when they had sports to go play and i had to start recording games....but now im not worried as much as i used to be......simply getting to the point where there are better things to do than watch a losing product for 3 hours.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Staying a fan is really easy for me.

I was born a Dallas fan. Lived in DFW for most of my early life. My father did contract work for the team. I knew a lot of the players. Crazy Ray bought me Chopper Command for the Atari 2600 for my 6th Birthday.

I get it, times might be bad. But you'll bury me in Silver and Blue.
Crazy Ray was great.

He came by our seats once and he saw me and stopped and blew up some balloons and made me a dog.

I loved that so much.

only about 12 at the time.

Saved up my money and bought a Cowboy pennant from him another game.

Those were memories.

catiii

Reaction score
Been a fan for about 40 years. This is as bad as I have felt. Dak may not be the answer so the thought of having to develop another QB is rough. Jason Garrett has destroyed this generation of Dallas talent. The latest is the OL which looks to be a shell. On top of it all is Jerry. Mr. $5 billion valuation. He created this cesspool. 20 years plus and he is as clueless as ever. I used to think I would out live him. Along comes Junior who may actually be worse.

How can you root for this franchise? Is it hopeless? My love of the NFL is taking a nosedive so I truly believe I could give it up.

Is there any hope?

Very well said.

We had this game off at halftime. No hope for me mate. Time to get back to reality by turning off the NFL and start fishing again. I can always waste 5 minutes watching lowlights afterwards instead of 3 hours in real time..Fortunately I've still got old-timer memories of what the Cowboys once were. Tom Landry is spinning in his grave, bless his soul, and Jimmy Johnson must be laughing at this freak show.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
As someone who grew up with Eagles fans and started watching in 1999/2000, I must admit that I am losing my passion for the game and the team. I try to stay positive and optimistic, but I must admit that it's hard. I try to look for the few things that this team has and hope for the best with them. Seeing the Garrett experience has really been causing be to lose the passion for the team I once had. I can't remember the last time that I was just sitting and seething watching a team that I consider my team. It was my best friend (a Broncos fan) who suggested we start playing games because it's not fun seeing me stew like I was. I can't remember the last time that I actually voluntarily quit watching out of lack of interest. I intend to be a fan for a while longer, but I don't know how much longer. I hope it's forever though.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I know it looks bleak and heck I don’t blame those who want to jump off but I will always be a cowboys fan no matter what .. I would stop being a fan of the NFL all together before I stopped being a fan of the Dallas Cowboys. I’ve been a fan for over 40 years too but I couldn’t imagine not being a fan. It’s not an affair, it’s a relationship. It has its ups and downs , obviously allot more downs but the Dallas Cowboys still are a team in rare air .. not many fan bases have seen their teams win one super bowl let alone 5.. I’m not here to argue that we haven’t won crap in 23 years ++ but I still hang onto the hope that we will win again .. if we don’t then I will go to my grave still proud of the moments I had as a cowboys fan..
I look forward to going to see them play next week in ATT stadium for my first game ever in their home stadium.. I hope we beat the lions .. I look forward to walking the sideline during pre game warmups.. meeting some cowboys legends during the tailgating party .. getting some pics and autographs of some cowboys legends and currrnt stars .. touring the Star .. touring the stadium .. and knowing win lose or draw .. the Dallas Cowboys are my team for life .. nothing will change that until I die
Peace

Oh, same here. As I closed my last post, I did state that I do hope that I never stop liking this team. I just find it really getting tiresome.