How would you feel about Jimmy Johnson coming back?

Ozone22

Reaction score
He is never going to leave FOX and return back to the madness Jerry has made.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
The only guy that the game has past by more is Marinellie. No way it would work. Jimmy just doesn't have the fire to put in the work like he used too. He was a burn out 25 years ago...:rolleyes:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I know this has about as much of a chance of happening as a snowball's chance in hell, but if Jimmy Johnson were to be lured out of retirement by Jerry, how would you feel about it, and what would be the result.

5 years $60 Million might do it.
The time has passed. Jimmys too old.

If Parcells couldn’t deliver its probably too late for Jerry. Doubt we’ll land a better coach now.

We’ll probably have to wait until Jerry’s gone for a real coach again.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know this has about as much of a chance of happening as a snowball's chance in hell, but if Jimmy Johnson were to be lured out of retirement by Jerry, how would you feel about it, and what would be the result.

Every off season this threads pop up and every year we say the same but some just won't accept the truth.

JIMMY DOES NOT WANT TO COACH ANYMORE.

Pot Jimmy on your follow list on Twitter and someone always asks if he will coach and without question hw is always a firm NO.

He likes his current job and he likes his business in the keys and fishing in the keys and spending time with his better half.

Can we please stop these threads popping up every off season?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Too old for HC, but what about as a GM?
He would hire the new HC,
And advise McKay, and the HC
He could do it from his boat
With today's technology.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Too old for HC, but what about as a GM?
He would hire the new HC,
And advise McKay, and the HC
He could do it from his boat
With today's technology.

He needs the resources esp the film room. GM is a full time job. And Jerry is the GM. Never going to happen. Jerry can pick up the phone or Skype yada although there's not much he can say or do without being there full time.

Jerry needs to hire young blood or at least younger.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah Jimmy's a little old to handle the pressure he was 5 years younger I'd say go for

Now what I like to bring in Norv and then watch Zeke and Dak along with the offensive line flourish
absolutely.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
An 80 year old Jimmy is still far better than Garrett and day. But no, those days are long gone.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

Jimmy is a wealthy 74 year old man who spends most of his free time deep sea fishing, when he's not being flown to LA on a private jet to talk football.

Why in the world would he want to come back to coach anyone, much less Jerry's Cowboys? :rolleyes:

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
To be honest, I think age is his biggest now. I know he was hit pretty hard by the hurricane......lots damage to his home. If it wasn't for his age, I could actually see him trying to give it one more shot knowing he could make at least $20-25 over three years. I'm not saying particularly with the Cowboys but some NFL team.

Another case of a fan overestimating the motivation of money for a 74 year old man who already has plenty of it.

LittleD

Reaction score
Every off season this threads pop up and every year we say the same but some just won't accept the truth.

JIMMY DOES NOT WANT TO COACH ANYMORE.

Pot Jimmy on your follow list on Twitter and someone always asks if he will coach and without question hw is always a firm NO.

He likes his current job and he likes his business in the keys and fishing in the keys and spending time with his better half.

Can we please stop these threads popping up every off season?

Just like the group who feels we need Romo to be our HC. Romo is now living the life and he gets paid well to live it. He also has a very nice
nestegg to tide him over if times get hard. Why would anyone, not needing money, take up the pressure cooker of coaching the NFL.

yimyammer

Reaction score
GM is a full time job.
And Jerry is the GM
And Jerry is the GM
And Jerry is the GM
And Jerry is the GM

giphy.gif