How would you feel about Jimmy Johnson coming back?

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
I would rather them bring Harbaugh or Matt Patricia in...

What if they brought him in to be in charge of talent acquisition? Id definitely be onboard with that...

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
As a practical matter, no, he's too old.

Though I don't see how he could do worse than Garrett...

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
As a practical matter, no, he's too old.

Though I don't see how he could do worse than Garrett...

rwalters31

Reaction score
I know this has about as much of a chance of happening as a snowball's chance in hell, but if Jimmy Johnson were to be lured out of retirement by Jerry, how would you feel about it, and what would be the result.

5 years $60 Million might do it.
He likes it just fine where he is at. He gets to take vacations and still gets a real gig!

crazyeddie

Reaction score
Jimmy was a great coach and a great motivator,but I'm not sure he'd be so great in today's NFL.I think Jimmy is just waiting to get in the H.O.F. now.(not too sure he'll get there though.)

JustChip

Reaction score
Jimmy's time has come and gone...ain't no future in the past.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I would rather them bring Harbaugh or Matt Patricia in...

What if they brought him in to be in charge of talent acquisition? Id definitely be onboard with that...

1. Jimmy isn't coming back in any capacity.
2. Patricia is reported to be taking the Lions HC job.
3. Jim Harbaugh is a booger-eating clown.

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
1. Jimmy isn't coming back in any capacity.
2. Patricia is reported to be taking the Lions HC job.
3. Jim Harbaugh is a booger-eating clown.
I know he isn't... Just a fantasy. His eye for talent is rivaled by very few.

The lions may leave Loserville with Patricia.

Harbaugh got Crapperneck to the SB...

TwentyOne

Reaction score
I know this has about as much of a chance of happening as a snowball's chance in hell, but if Jimmy Johnson were to be lured out of retirement by Jerry, how would you feel about it, and what would be the result.

You see what jimmy did with the Dolphins after he left dallas ?

aria

Reaction score
but but what if Jimmy comes back, Landry is the AC and Romo is the QB? I bet we would have won every game this season!

John813

Reaction score
He's 75. Probably drop dead if he spent the required time getting the team ready in various stages of a NFL season.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
10 years ago yes. today no. Love Jimmy but he knows best that the GM ego would eventually meddle in his process. Jimmy's too smart and too old to deal with that.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

Going with your premise (rather than just saying he'd never do that), I'm not sure that Johnson would have the same kind of success he had in the 1990s. There was a lot that went into our success then, including the Herschel Walker trade, the lack of a salary cap and limited free agency.

He was not able to duplicate his success in Miami despite having Dan Marino. (He did make the playoffs three out of four years, though.)

I do think our defenses would be better under him and that he deserves more credit than he probably receives for how good our defenses were in the early 90s. I'd be interested in seeing what he could do even though my expectations would not be for him to produce Super Bowl victories like he did when everything lined up right the first time around.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
The man was a perfectionist, the job takes a lot of energy. I don't think he has the will or the energy to do it. Nevermind all the other factors involved.