How Would You Vote For Jimmy Johnson's Induction Into The Dallas Cowboys Ring Of Honor?

What would be your decision if you had the deciding vote instead of Jerry Jones?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tommy

Reaction score
I vote "No."

Those 90's championships were all Jerry. Jimmy was along for the ride.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I don't like Jimmy Johnson. Didn't like him way before he was the coach here, didn't like him here and I don't like him today. I don't really care one way or the other about the ring of honor for him, I would hate to disgrace a man like Tom Landry with putting a POS like Johnson in the same area as him but that's not my call. But if i am ever asked, I always will say NO.
He is not my favorite person, but we all have our warts.
But, if the ROH is to have any credibility whatsoever, how do you not put in the person most responsible for 3 of our SBs?
This is not a popularity contest.
I just want to see what's fair.

EST_1986

Reaction score
I don't like Jimmy Johnson. Didn't like him way before he was the coach here, didn't like him here and I don't like him today. I don't really care one way or the other about the ring of honor for him, I would hate to disgrace a man like Tom Landry with putting a POS like Johnson in the same area as him but that's not my call. But if i am ever asked, I always will say NO.
its funny because the only reason for over half the trophies in your avatar

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
its funny because the only reason for over half the trophies in your avatar
There are more important things than those Trophies. I would gladly give back his 2 trophies if it meant he never was a Cowboy.

EST_1986

Reaction score
There are more important things than those Trophies. I would gladly give back his 2 trophies if it meant he never was a Cowboy.
lets be honest, all 3 are his. and if theres more important things why would you choose that to be the representing image of your account?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I voted yes, but it doesn’t really matter to me. My life won’t change, nor how I feel about the Cowboys, if Jimmy isn’t in the Ring if Honor.

I actually knock Jimmy down some because he quit on the team. Jerry absolutely shares in the blame, but Jimmy gets too little. Jimmy left everywhere rather than risk being blamed for a collapse. He would never do what Saban has done.
To be honest, I get the indifference. The only thing athletes and teams tangibly give fans are memories, unless you give them a Coca-Cola. Then they might hand you their jersey in exchange, lol. (suck it Mean Joe Greene! :mad: )

I think that is what some are centering upon--how they feel. What I would actually hope for is an impassioned evaluation of a career because no one in or outside of the Ring of Honor are perfect people. Well. Roger Staubach is pretty darn close to that standard.

No one is perfect. These Ring of Honor and Halls of Fame and concrete slabs with legends' names on them, etc., are public recognitions of what they achieved during their careers in sports, film, Nobel Prize (FANCY!), Citizen of the Year, etc. There are too many different kinds of awards, plaques, statues, what have you, to name. Anything you can name are examples of recognition, which brings me back full circle to why I created the thread:

Does an individual, who was instrumental to leading a franchise to back-to-back Super Bowls victories, acknowledged by his professional peers as a great NFL head coach, deserve recognition in the Dallas Cowboys Ring of Honor?

The question is not based on feelings or even indifference. Again. Jimmy Johnson is no angel. It is a question of whether the honor is deserved for what he accomplished as a head coach in the National Football League. The Pro Football Hall of Fame thinks so. Jerry Jones, and others, do not.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, I am glad Jones is greedy enough to not surrender ANY of those Lombardi trophies. :muttley: All five belong to this franchise. Hands off.

TheCritic

Reaction score
I remember reading his autobiography Turning the Thing Around years ago. He was psychotic about winning and his unparalleled hatred for losing. He willed that 90s Cowboys dynasty into existence. But it did burn him out and any fan who believed that it was Jerry Jones who ran him out of town don't know their history. Still a no brainer for ROH