How's RB Dalvin Cook sound for the playoff run?

Plankton

Reaction score

He'd be cheap. I'm just saying.

1CctopStephenJonesco_t600.jpg

Did someone say cheap?!?!?!?!

Gonzomandela01

Reaction score
It's not about power, it's just about being a competent runner.

If you're not going to play leverage and get to the pilon, you simply have to drop the shoulder and effectively dive into the endzone. Pollard is more than powerful enough to have scored on that play, he was just running straight up and down.
So, he ran it the wrong way? I can't believe a more powerful back gets tackled like that when he is about to score.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If the team didn't have bigger needs on defense, I'd say the Cowboys should be all over this.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
I would be in favor of bringing him in. Dowdle is hurt, Deuce is contributing minimally, and Luepke is limited.

Cook needs a change of scenery and a chance for postseason glory, and Dallas needs depth and talent at RB.

This is the kind of addition that could truly benefit the offense. I hope they pull the trigger and rent him for a few games

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
So, he ran it the wrong way? I can't believe a more powerful back gets tackled like that when he is about to score.
Yes he ran it wrong.

Watch how guys like Zeke finish touchdowns. They don't get tackled, but they finish with such forward lean that they just fall in the endzone. That's a skillset thing, not a physical/power thing.

I think it was wrong to not just play leverage and get to the pilon, but even if you do make this cut, Pollard's helmet should basically be at thigh level. Effectively, he should just be diving at the back hip of 21. Every running back in the NFL should score on this play.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yes he ran it wrong.

Watch how guys like Zeke finish touchdowns. They don't get tackled, but they finish with such forward lean that they just fall in the endzone. That's a skillset thing, not a physical/power thing.
anything BEFORE the end zone, for zeke it was 1-3 yards, hence why he's with a new team!

Gonzomandela01

Reaction score
Yes he ran it wrong.

Then maybe put Rico in that situation or Cook if he comes down here. I think we don't have a good inside the 5 option to run the ball, Leupke turned the ball over, Deuce doesn't seem to get anything after contact. Maybe bring up Malik?