Hurricane Rita *** Rita posts in this thread only!! ***

cowboyfan4life_mark

5 outta 8 ain't bad
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab said:
Please stay safe everyone...

GULFVS.JPG
Man is that thing huge!! Well defined storms can be very strong.

To all in it's path, please be safe and take care of your families.

justbob

Just taking it easy
Reaction score
God bless and you guys be safe .Our prayers are with you from up here in the panhandle

justbob

Just taking it easy
Reaction score
God bless and you guys be safe .Our prayers are with you from up here in the panhandle

Gibby!

Pom Pom Waving Shill
Reaction score
Probably heard it a thousand times by now, but head northwest!

Gibby!

Pom Pom Waving Shill
Reaction score
Probably heard it a thousand times by now, but head northwest!

dillinger319

Striped Leopard
Reaction score
I'm in Midland everyone in the path can just head this way..We never get rain so no need to worry about flooding :bang2: ..Good luck to everyone in the path. And for those that do come out this way , we have a Hooters opening up this weekend so we can all go watch the game there.. :laugh2:

dillinger319

Striped Leopard
Reaction score
I'm in Midland everyone in the path can just head this way..We never get rain so no need to worry about flooding :bang2: ..Good luck to everyone in the path. And for those that do come out this way , we have a Hooters opening up this weekend so we can all go watch the game there.. :laugh2:

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
dillinger319 said:
Sounds like the Rio Grande Valley :laugh2:

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
dillinger319 said:
Sounds like the Rio Grande Valley :laugh2:

DLK150

The Quiet Man
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab said:

GULFVS.JPG

I can't get over how big things have been, let alone the frequency of them. It used to be you'd only see storms like this every so often, but two like this plus the ones from last year is just incredible. Even if it weakens some like Katrina did it's still going to be one bad sucker.

Anyone with even a slight chance of being in its path, I hope you get the you know what out of there if suggest or tell you to. These things can change their mind which direction they want to go at the drop of a hat, and a few degrees could mean you instead of someone else gets it. We'll all be praying for your safety down there.

DLK150

The Quiet Man
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab said:

GULFVS.JPG

I can't get over how big things have been, let alone the frequency of them. It used to be you'd only see storms like this every so often, but two like this plus the ones from last year is just incredible. Even if it weakens some like Katrina did it's still going to be one bad sucker.

Anyone with even a slight chance of being in its path, I hope you get the you know what out of there if suggest or tell you to. These things can change their mind which direction they want to go at the drop of a hat, and a few degrees could mean you instead of someone else gets it. We'll all be praying for your safety down there.

Mamba

RatisBeast
Reaction score
My sister is in edna...she's coming down and we in Corups just got mandatory evacuations....everything is booked though everywhere...i'm either going to mcallen with the fam or with my friends and we'll head out to austin. Who knows ? it's a scary one though ....keep us in th prayers

Kangaroo

Reaction score
well it is a catgoery 5 now I have 2 young kids so buckling down when I have a place to go would be wrong on my part not doing what I can to protect them.

Any ways for you guys that sre staying stock up on water and food; most likely you may be with out electricty for a week or more depending on your luck and what the winds do. When the storm hits please please get in a safe spot in you house hopefuly a place with no glass.

Good Luck and God Bless

Payton34Smith22

Reaction score
Corpus Christi, where I live, has issued a mandatory evacuation. Just finished up boarding up my in-laws house. I hope this is not as bad as it looks.

My mom is sick, so I'm staying with my parents. My wife and her family are going out of town. I hope it's not another Katrina.:(

Parcells

Reaction score
Hey Guys I live in Corpus Christi, and as you all know there is a major Hurricane CAT5 in our gulf and were not sure where its gonna hit? It could be here but most likely GAlveston.. The gusts on this Cane have hit 215 MPH with 175 Sustained winds and with great potential of getting stronger.. It is the third strongest hurricane ever recorded in history, This thing is huge and I advise people not to play around and to evacuate if you are in threat I would love to see no one killed and no areas damaged but the Fact is this Cane is gonna hit somewhere and its gonna hit hard so guys for a while I might not be able to checkout THE ZONE. And I trust everyone will make the right move and leave if you are in threat. Were waiting till tomorrow to make sure where this Cane is heading then will decide.. Goodluck to everyone and stay dry....

:skins: :skins: :skins:

Parcells

Reaction score
SkinsandTerps said:
Wow. I cant imagine living in an area with the potential threats that big.

Family been living here in Corpus Christi since 1920's bro and weve seen plenty Canes but this one is a scary one.. THe scariest one for me atleast I know people all around here and from the north are driving south cause its safer than going north at this moment..alot of traffic its just a mess to try and do something outside right now..