Hurts' 14-game winning streak vs winning teams

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
What do they do, specifically?

They have one Super Bowl championship and a 73-56 all-time record against the Cowboys.
They rally back from games often, they've had better post season success, I mean the proof is in the pudding without sounding too much of a fan of theirs because I know that's what you want to make it seem like. We've gone 20+ years with no ring, they've won one and have been close multiple times. You're looking at it from a Cowboys fans perspective only, i'm looking at it as a fan of the game

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
They rally back from games often, they've had better post season success, I mean the proof is in the pudding without sounding too much of a fan of theirs because I know that's what you want to make it seem like. We've gone 20+ years with no ring, they've won one and have been close multiple times. You're looking at it from a Cowboys fans perspective only, i'm looking at it as a fan of the game
What does any of that have to do with city? It’s a recent trend over less than a year that’s bound to regress.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
your previous comment had nothing to do with a city which is what I based my reply off of, you're confusing me and yourself. Happy holidays
You said (and I quote): “Just something about that team, that city or something! They always come back strong. When they're down, I never get happy because I know they're going to come back.”

You mentioned the city specifically, to which I replied “how so.”

Good job outing yourself. Happy holidays, indeed.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
What do they do, specifically?

They have one Super Bowl championship and a 73-56 all-time record against the Cowboys.
Um you have that record reversed. The Eagles have a losing all time record against the Cowboys.. as do all the teams in the NFC East. Here are the head to head records for the Cowboys against all the NFC East teams:

New York Giants123754620.6182887235110100.0001721All Game
Philadelphia Eagles125705500.5602763251943100.75010555All Games
Washington Commanders125774620.6242965242120200.0002057All Game

As you can see the Cowboys hold a pretty good winning percentage against all of them. The Eagles are the closest.. but still a ways to go to get even. They would have to sweep the next 8 seasons to get there. Good luck with that.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Um you have that record reversed. The Eagles have a losing all time record against the Cowboys.. as do all the teams in the NFC East. Here are the head to head records for the Cowboys against all the NFC East teams:

As you can see the Cowboys hold a pretty good winning percentage against all of them. The Eagles are the closest.. but still a ways to go to get even. They would have to sweep the next 8 seasons to get there. Good luck with that.
Yes, I accidentally reversed the numbers. My point was that there’s nothing special about the city of Philadelphia.

bottleKids

Reaction score
When we do beat them you will absolutely NOT hear how it's the Cowboys first win against a team with a winning record. That doesn't track with the narrative.
Which I think is not fair. That is my point. This place is so toxic to the point where we all argue on what is considered a winning team... I am one of those critical people the last few seasons, and I can say I am actually enjoying this season, and I don't care who we beat as long as we beat them.

Eventually cap issues take over and we may not have the roster we have now. Cap goes up, I get it, but its hard to keep the same roster for 3-4 plus seasons, with out some fall offs. So I don't get why we can't just enjoy this season.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
This is much more impressive than blowing out bad teams. Let's see how boys do the next 5 weeks.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score

I will be dead long before the Iggles catch up to Dallas on overall head-to-head record. Even if Philthy wins the next 50 straight against Dallas it still won't be enough. This is satisfying knowing that I will never have to witness it happening.

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
The Eagles are just built tough, and they rarely beat themselves, with penalties and such. Yes, the occasional turnover, but it's football, that's unavoidable.

I think they are helped immensely by having the Tush Push be an automatic 2 yards, as any team would be. It's a HUGE advantage, especially late in games. It changes the whole complexion of the game when a team only really has to get 8 yards in 3 downs. It forces the defense to call a different game and manage situations differently. Hec, on 3rd and 5, that's a running down for the Eagles...because if they can just get 3 yards, then they can line up and get 2 yards with the Tush Push. It transforms how the Eagles call their offense, and how a defense call plays to stop them.

Plus, it gives the Eagles more opportunities to score than other teams.

It's like a Madden glitch. ;)

So, for Eagles opponents, they are going to really have to bury the Eagles by the 4th quarter, and outcoach them in the final quarter. The Bills had them on the ropes, but they got enamored with 1st-down running plays. In the 4th quarter, the Eagles were waiting for them, which set up too many 2nd and longs...and you can't live like that against the Eagles. The Bills should have used more 1st-down play action. In the end, the Bills simply expected Josh Allen to carry them to victory with his athleticism, instead of just calling a better game in the 4th quarter. The Eagles beat you with better playcalling, and the Tush Push.

I fear that the Cowboys aren't all that great at adjustments either, so in a close game against the Eagles, it's hard to see how the Cowboys would win...especially with the Tush Push as a 3rd and 4th down advantage. You need to get Philly into 2nd and 3rd and long to force the issue, which means you have to take chances on 1st down. The Cowboys won't be able to sit back and let the Eagles get 3 and 4 yards on the ground, else they will never be in position to get sacks and such. The Eagles present a real challenge for coaching staffs.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You said (and I quote): “Just something about that team, that city or something! They always come back strong. When they're down, I never get happy because I know they're going to come back.”

You mentioned the city specifically, to which I replied “how so.”

Good job outing yourself. Happy holidays, indeed.
"Just something about that team, that city or something!"

No he did not mention the city "specifically". You just plucked that out of GENERAL COMMENTS for something to argue about.

"Specific" means...well....specific? Two other things....especially the "something" isn;t very "specific">

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Eagles are just built tough, and they rarely beat themselves, with penalties and such. Yes, the occasional turnover, but it's football, that's unavoidable.

I think they are helped immensely by having the Tush Push be an automatic 2 yards, as any team would be. It's a HUGE advantage, especially late in games. It changes the whole complexion of the game when a team only really has to get 8 yards in 3 downs. It forces the defense to call a different game and manage situations differently. Hec, on 3rd and 5, that's a running down for the Eagles...because if they can just get 3 yards, then they can line up and get 2 yards with the Tush Push. It transforms how the Eagles call their offense, and how a defense call plays to stop them.

Plus, it gives the Eagles more opportunities to score than other teams.
The announcers made note of Hurts' wristband...how it effected the timing and pace of plays. Surely an advantage of sorts.

Reaction score
Just something about that team, that city or something! They always come back strong. When they're down, I never get happy because I know they're going to come back
Solid OL and DL that keeps them in games and grinds out wins with high percentage plays.

ReverendFelcher

Reaction score
He has the Brady factor. Just a winner in crunch time. Can't coach it. Can't cultivate it. A very impressive young man. But I'm still depressed ah about that Buffalo game yesterday. Ugh.