I’d trade for Stafford in a heart beat

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
lol. It's amazing that people can't look deeper into the facts. Of course, some would ignore them anyway if they didn't fit the narrative they want to promote. And it's really a bit off base not to say the team was 2-3 with Dak at QB anyway because Dak led drives that resulted in 31 of the Cowboys 37 points in the Giants game.

Dak is being judged by some on a broader scale and not a 3 game window that was optimal for putting up big stats like you think he should be.

He is at his best when Zeke is rolling. The more we ask of him the better his stats get and the crappier the team is.

He's not a difference maker.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
poor ole jerry will sign dak and add some cheap dumpster fire players and will blow smoke up you guys butt and you will all be in next season. smh. who we looking at the next 5 years in the draft.

i hope rockport jumps in and calls us all trolls. tell'em daddy,"troll"
who will he sign? who is a top notch, "not dumpster fire" type of player you want to sign in FA? how will you replace Dak? how will you compensate for drop in offensive play? perhaps you are just trolling throwing a general statement out there to get responses (which you just did).....so what's your plan? you don't want to sign Dak. great. lets not....fix it, give us your opinion. else you have no idea and like I said, you are trolling.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
We mixed the playoffs with dak a few times. We’ve proven that dak only wins when zekes leading the league. Imagine what this team becomes with dak getting 40 million. Stafford at least allows us to improve the defense.
how does stafford help us improve the defense? are you suggesting to build a team through FA? seriously. when was the last time that worked? how many defensive players are you planning to sign? how much does stafford want? and how will we compensate for drop in QB play? and KC just made it to the superbowl with a a QB that's making average of 50M and counts 25% of the cap (using the same math that Dak detractor mathemathician use).

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak is being judged by some on a broader scale and not a 3 game window that was optimal for putting up big stats like you think he should be.

He is at his best when Zeke is rolling. The more we ask of him the better his stats get and the crappier the team is.

The guy was literally responding to a comment about Dak's record this year, so that was the context. Accordingly, these comments are irrelevant.

But if you want to broaden the context, why are you willing to ignore the 2 playoff years, including the 13-3 Record.

Oh, tat's right, it only matters what a QB has shown more recently. Well, except the 30+ ppg the team scored with him at QB this year - that doesn't count even though it is the most recent info we have.

By the way, contrary to the narrative some promote, there was no big point differential between 1st half and 2nd half scoring in the games Dak played this year. The big point differential was only in what the defense allowed, not in offensive scoring.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Oh my god! We went 1-3!!!!! What a horrible player Dak was, you know, giving up all those yards and points on defense.
you know, one of these Dak detractors actually, literally blamed Dak for our bad rush defense....he continued to argue for several posts that the bad rush defense was because of Dak....no joke.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
yeah, where else can we find a clubfoot guy. At least now when he panics he can run faster now backwards with the clubfoot.
seriously...how old are you? and why are you so blatantly trying to be a troll...dude, grow up...you should be very embarassed of this post.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

says a guy who didn't think Mahomes and Watson are not good NFL QBs...

:thumbup:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
says a guy who didn't think Mahomes and Watson are good NFL QBs...

:thumbup:

You meant aren’t but that’s not what I said.

I flat out missed on Watson although I do think he’s overrated.

For Mahomes I acknowledged his incredible talent and what he needed to be a success in the NFL.. The guy has admitted himself that he didn’t know how to even read defenses when coming into the league.

It’s complicated and only football people like me would understand. I’ve tried to dumb it down for you but I’m struggling to get to your level. Apologies.

I do learn quick though from my mistakes and understood where the NFL was going with the spread and that is why I said Josh Allen was the best QB in his class and Justin Herbert had the most potential of the QBs in his class.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You meant aren’t but that’s not what I said.

I flat out missed on Watson although I do think he’s overrated.

For Mahomes I acknowledged his incredible talent and what he needed to be a success in the NFL.. The guy has admitted himself that he didn’t know how to even read defenses when coming into the league.

It’s complicated and only football people like me would understand. I’ve tried to dumb it down for you but I’m struggling to get to your level. Apologies.
yes, meant to say are not...

and you also listed 3 or 4 other QBs you liked and thought were NFL QBs and will be good and none of them turned out anything and are not in the NFL.

now, you claim that you don't Dak is good

so given your history of completely missing on all these QBs you mentioned, never being right...then I guess anything you say about QBs is worthless

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

and you also listed 3 or 4 other QBs you liked and thought were NFL QBs and will be good and none of them turned out anything and are not in the NFL.

so given your history of completely missing on all these QBs you mentioned, never being right...then I guess anything you say about QBs is worthless

Well that's your opinion then bud..

Judging a QB from college to Pro is not the same as evaluating a QB that's already a Pro.

So if I didn't value someones opinion I probably wouldn't get so whiney when they make one. I wouldn't care. That's just me though.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He’s 33 but still more talented than dak. He has a top 4 arm. He’s locked up for two years. He’d make less than dak will make in one year. He’d fully utilize cooper and lamb. I hope Jerry does it. He’d upgrade and save money.

Dak is much better passer, runner, leader, and is entering his prime.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Judging a QB from college to Pro is not the same as evaluating a QB that's already a Pro.

So if I didn't value someones opinion I probably wouldn't get so whiney when they make one. I wouldn't care. That's just me though.

What evidence is there that you can judge QB's in the pro's? There is plenty of evidence to the contrary.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Its not only worthless, but its usually the complete opposite. The guy thinks you build a team buy dumping your top 5 QB entering his prime. :lmao:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

LOL. nice way to try and spin your way out of it.

when someone has a crystall ball, then they have 20/20 vision into the past.

when someone refuses to use the crystal ball, then its their mistake. its right in front of you, yet you have this illogical approach to evaluating Dak in a vaccum. When all these other QBs,, are evaluated against Dak, they fail in exactly the same categories and measures you use to measure Dak, yet you try to spin your way out of it, just like you tried to do yet again...Dalton, your hand picked QB early in the season. You touted him when Dak got injured. you claimed we will see even better results with Dalton than Dak...he was an NFL QB for 10 years, Your QB failed and failed misreably...as it was predicted by many.....so then you tried to spin your way out of Dalton, and like you said, you are judging a QB who has been in the pros, so what's your excuse now? ...and now same thing with your Stafford love, given every statistical measure you use to measure Dak, Stafford is worse, yet you try to spin again....and he has already been in the pros....

your one and only claim that $40M is too much and it stops us from building a team. when confronted with Facts, that even with his top 5 money in the books, we have 7 of the largest contracts for their respective positions in the NFL, yet you try to spin again. when asked what would you do with the extra money if we don't sign Dak, you spin away, because you have no idea or thought, yet, you are full of opinions about Dak and its often embarassing. again, not sure what your beef is with Dak, but it feels personal...it comes across as something personal......

so to this point, you have failed in your comparisons of Dak to anybody else based on standards you yourself used. you have provided no alternatives that measure based on standards and measures you yourself have used. you have provided no opinion, thoughts or ideas on how you would build a team/defense but you keep harping about Dak money.

so not sure where you sit, stand or want, but I know you just don't want Dak....well I guess that's an opinion too. opinion of someone who has failed before in picking college QBs, and then tried to spin it that evaluating pros is easier once they have history and you failed at that too. hmmm

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
LOL. nice way to try and spin your way out of it.

when someone has a crystall ball, then they have 20/20 vision into the past.

when someone refuses to use the crystal ball, then its their mistake. its right in front of you, yet you have this illogical approach to evaluating Dak in a vaccum. When all these other QBs,, are evaluated against Dak, they fail in exactly the same categories and measures you use to measure Dak, yet you try to spin your way out of it, just like you tried to do yet again...Dalton, your hand picked QB early in the season. You touted him when Dak got injured. you claimed we will see even better results with Dalton than Dak...he was an NFL QB for 10 years, Your QB failed and failed misreably...as it was predicted by many.....so then you tried to spin your way out of Dalton, and like you said, you are judging a QB who has been in the pros, so what's your excuse now? ...and now same thing with your Stafford love, given every statistical measure you use to measure Dak, Stafford is worse, yet you try to spin again....and he has already been in the pros....

your one and only claim that $40M is too much and it stops us from building a team. when confronted with Facts, that even with his top 5 money in the books, we have 7 of the largest contracts for their respective positions in the NFL, yet you try to spin again. when asked what would you do with the extra money if we don't sign Dak, you spin away, because you have no idea or thought, yet, you are full of opinions about Dak and its often embarassing. again, not sure what your beef is with Dak, but it feels personal...it comes across as something personal......

so to this point, you have failed in your comparisons of Dak to anybody else based on standards you yourself used. you have provided no alternatives that measure based on standards and measures you yourself have used. you have provided no opinion, thoughts or ideas on how you would build a team/defense but you keep harping about Dak money.

so not sure where you sit, stand or want, but I know you just don't want Dak....well I guess that's an opinion too. opinion of someone who has failed before in picking college QBs, and then tried to spin it that evaluating pros is easier once they have history and you failed at that too. hmmm

TLDR? Cliffnotes please?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
TLDR? Cliffnotes please?
you can't stick to your own measures for a QB.
you spin away by making excuses
you failed in your evaluation of NFL QBs (your hand picked QB of the cowboys Dalton is a great example)
You don't have a clue about evaluating QBs