I’m obviously in the minority and in a big way

Blitzen

Reaction score
But I think the Cowboys are being underrated by not only the Zoners here, that’s to be expected as they’re miserable ignorant couch potatoes, but also by the national media talking heads. And I LOVE it!

Everyone is trashing them because of Tyron Smith’s injury. But Smith missed 6 games last year and was limited in a couple of others. Yet the Cowboys won 12 games.

Everyone is trashing them because they lost Amari Cooper. Yet Cooper only had 68 receptions for 865 yards and the Cowboys won 12 games.

Everyone is trashing them because Elliot who played with a torn PCL only had 1,002 yards and a 4.2 ypc average. No one is giving him, and the team, credit for being healthy.

No one is giving them credit for having a very deep TE depth.

Everyone is trashing them because Gallup is injured. Yet he may play in game 2 or 3.

No one is giving them credit for improving their defense and instead crapping on them for letting Gregory go. The defense has arguably the best defensive player in the NFL in Parsons. He’s a game changer. He’s in the elite status like Donald.

They got beat in the playoffs by the 49’ers because of their lack of run defense. But no one is acknowledging that Bohanna is better, that Gallimore is back from injury, that the DE’s have great depth, that the LB’ers are better and have more depth, that the CB’s are better and have more depth, that the Safeties are better and have more depth.

No one is giving them credit for having a dynamic punt and kickoff return man.

All the habitual Debbie Downers here and in the media are saying the Cowboys have no chance to reach the Super Bowl much less win the NFC East.

But I’m here to tell you, and there are some others who agree with me, that don’t sleep on this team. Every Super Bowl team needs the breaks to turn their way. All of them. If the Cowboys get those breaks, avoid the serious injuries to key players, this team can go all the way.

You band wagoners are not going to get any slack once you jump on. It’s now or never.

Calling on all true fans. No bandwagoners allowed once you declare yourself.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Cowboys struggled mightily when Tyron did not play.

Their backup OT talent was miserable last season.

And even if Peters signs, the swing tackle position is not a strength.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The Cowboys get trashed because they’ve had some very talented teams fall on their face come playoff time. They get trashed because you see the same results with every head coach Jerry Jones hires. They get trashed because they haven’t done anything in 27 years.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Look at the consistency of the people that having issue. I am an individual, I take everything on an individual basis. I am not a hater, I’m not a homer . I enjoy talking football . There’s no agenda. I wish everyone could say the same
True, compliment the good,
Question the bad and questionable.
Enjoy the good.
Offer objective ways to improve.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Sometimes I have to remind myself, why do I stay loyal to this franchise. I still believe in Mr. cowboy. The class of the organization. No we’re not gonna always field the best team in the league. But we’re always competitive. And maybe that’s the problem. We never had those high draft picks three or four years in a row. Because you’re always average. 8/8
Interesting perspective.
We are kinda in no mans land.
Good enough to make the plays offs but not advance, get lousy draft position.
But not bad enough to get great draft position and build a truly elite team talent wise.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
That's a good post Rocky and I agree with the majority of it Cooper was not pulling his weight Collins was unreliable Randy Gregory should have been gone a long time ago.

Dak is healthy and was able to concentrate on getting better as a quarterback rather than rehabbing an injury which is a total plus Zeke is healthy That is another total plus and one thing that you totally forgot that I think is going to be a serious game changer for us is Turpin.

I think Turpin could be the sleeper pickup that changes some games for us on special teams and in the slot.

I think our defense has gotten better our run defense should be a little better with Cox coming back we should have a really dominant crew of linebackers there are a lot of positives this year.

But we do have to accept there are still some of the same negatives we had 35 penalties in three games coaching has not cleaned this up enough and the offensive line is still a weak link we did not do enough in free agency even though we had the money to fix this.

I don't think fans are negative towards our team but they see like I do that the things that held us back last year have not been attended to enough you can never have too many good offensive lineman and without them it just makes everybody's life more difficult.

I'm in belief if we get the offensive line fixed with some type of quality free agent like Peters that we can at least hold serve with last year or maybe win a playoff game depending on how much our defense has improved.
The penalties are certainly an issue that must be corrected. Kills too many drives.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
But I think the Cowboys are being underrated by not only the Zoners here, that’s to be expected as they’re miserable ignorant couch potatoes, but also by the national media talking heads. And I LOVE it!

Everyone is trashing them because of Tyron Smith’s injury. But Smith missed 6 games last year and was limited in a couple of others. Yet the Cowboys won 12 games.

Everyone is trashing them because they lost Amari Cooper. Yet Cooper only had 68 receptions for 865 yards and the Cowboys won 12 games.

Everyone is trashing them because Elliot who played with a torn PCL only had 1,002 yards and a 4.2 ypc average. No one is giving him, and the team, credit for being healthy.

Everyone is trashing them because Gallup is injured. Yet he may play in game 2 or 3.

No one is giving them credit for improving their defense and instead crapping on them for letting Gregory go. The defense has arguably the best defensive player in the NFL in Parsons. He’s a game changer. He’s in the elite status like Donald.

They got beat in the playoffs by the 49’ers because of their lack of run defense. But no one is acknowledging that Bohanna is better, that Gallimore is back from injury, that the DE’s have great depth, that the LB’ers are better and have more depth, that the CB’s are better and have more depth, that the Safeties are better and have more depth.

All the habitual Debbie Downers here and in the media are saying the Cowboys have no chance to reach the Super Bowl much less win the NFC East.

But I’m here to tell you, and there are some others who agree with me, that don’t sleep on this team. Every Super Bowl team needs the breaks to turn their way. All of them. If the Cowboys get those breaks, avoid the serious injuries to key players, this team can go all the way.

You band wagoners are not going to get any slack once you jump on. It’s now or never.
You are even more delusional than Jerry.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
OL is a teams foundation. We lost 2 of 5 and our pick for LT is just not ready yet. LT is the 2nd most important position on your team. We dont have one. Center is also suspect

Lamb is no Cooper. Hes fast and good in open field but he so far disappeared when playing #1. he cant handle (at least so far) being doubled which he never got as #2 or had to face the other teams top cb. Coop took the pressure off Lamb

RB's need a good OL to be successful. Right now ours is weak.

TE depth??? who do we have after overpaid Schultz. Hasnt played a full season yet. what happens when he cant play?

I'm trashing the depth. Right now Noah is our #2.

agree with you on defense. Quinn is doing a good job coaching and has some good players. Defense is the strength. Defense may carry this team

We got beat by SF because we didnt game plan to attack what everyone knew was SF weakness-a weak secondary. We should have been attacking them most of the game

agree here. Turp has looked good

guess put me with that group. Think we have good defense and DC that will try to to carry the team. SB? sorry just dont see it

hope ur right

You band wagoners are not going to get any slack once you jump on. It’s now or never
You also didnt mention the penalty or kicker problems
never been off the wagon but this team while I'll be cheering for has a steep hill to climb.
You do your negative you. We can agree to disagree.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Your extreme need to insult everyone who disagrees w/ you is quite pathetic. And your name calling and calling members out is just sick, as well as against the rules of this fine site.
If the shoe fits, wear it. And it fits you perfectly.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Cowboys struggled mightily when Tyron did not play.

Their backup OT talent was miserable last season.

And even if Peters signs, the swing tackle position is not a strength.
Yet they won 12 games. Hmmm

Sydla

Reaction score
You have to love a guy, who for 25 straight years thinks the Cowboys are underrated, are going to be really good and contend for a title, call other people ignorant for taking a believing when I see attitude with this team.