I’ve lost interest in the NFL and the Cowboys

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Yeah and I mean we started off 3-0....won our Super Bowl the first 3 weeks of the season. Its a marathon. Gonna give Mike the benefit of the doubt. I think we are so use to Garrett that we expect for this ride to get worse but it its a new staff and a much better head coach. He's earned the right to get us out of this.
I thought so, but he sure screwed the pooch last night. No excuse for the blunders.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I tried to get into it yesterday but just couldn’t do it. Then last night I watched the entire game and at the end just felt like ...... who cares? I used to get upset after losses. Not anymore. Anyone else feeling the same way?
The number # 1 thing I am rooting for this season is low TV ratings.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
I am losing interest in the NFL period for many reasons. When I watched the Chiefs and Texans game it was the first regular TV I have watched in 6 months or more. I despise so much of it that it is making it harder for me to even watch any game.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
It's interesting that someone posts something unpopular to some and it just can't be ignored, lol.

To me the NFL was always a form of entertainment. Nothing more, nothing less. The more entertaining, the more I watch. The more nonsense gets inserted, the less I care. Simple.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
I understand how you feel. Im a fan for 50yrs Im starting to feel the same way. For me its a few things. I dont want to get suspended from here but one of them is at the start of games. Really tired of that. The second is that the game has changed so much over the years with penalties and the extra protection to QBs the refs have to much outcome in games. Than you have the same story with us year in and year out. Garrett being here 10 yrs when anyone could see he wasn't the guy and wasting years of talent of not even sniffing a Championship game gets old after awhile. Look at the Company we are in. I believe Dalls, Detroit and Cleveland are the only teams in the past 25 yrs to not reach a Championship game. I still watch and always will but I do understand what your saying.
Dont mind these other posters that give back idiot answers, remember some of these guys are just young kids and others are tough guy keyboarders who have no voice anywhere else except places like this. The world has become a different place on many ends. Football is a great escape from life for 3 hours but with all thats going on in the world its not unusual to feel how you do.
Keep your head up and good luck my Cowboy fan brother.
Yep, 100%. Especially your first point.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
I love watching Cowboys football but that deep, deep passion of losing sleep over losses retired with Romo. He was my guy. 16 years old when he got the call in 06 from Parcells. In the prime years of rooting for a sports team ( teenager/early 20's) I defended him with every ounce of energy I had. When they never gave him the chance to do something with that team in Dak's rookie year I lost a big part of my Cowboy passion. I still love a win and enjoy watching the games, but the losses just don't do much for me anymore. I slept fine last night and was even kind of shocked this morning when I realized I'd forgot the Cowboys lost until I was in my truck driving to work.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I tried to get into it yesterday but just couldn’t do it. Then last night I watched the entire game and at the end just felt like ...... who cares? I used to get upset after losses. Not anymore. Anyone else feeling the same way?
I have felt that way for quite some time but I am senior to a lot of posters here and that could be a large part of that as well. However, I have been able to keep my other passions cooking so it's not all that.

I have watched the game dispassionately for several years now and I think I know the reason for most of that, over-saturation of two elements.. The games are not special because there's too many of them. When I was really hot for the NFL, there wasn't this around the clock coverage, there was just football.

The other element that has already affected me after just one week is the over-saturation of the commercials within the broadcasts. Not only are there way too many but the same ones over and over and over. And to make it worse, they will run some of these right through the entire season.

The lack of continuity within the game allows me to disengage too easily and lose interest. I do not watch any programming with commercial content, no network programming, so this makes it worse as I am not conditioned to it. I need continuity and not this herky jerky start and stop that is the presentation.

The other thing that made this unpleasant was the laugh track crowd noise and not only is that a really bad idea, it was poorly executed all over the league yesterday.

ArtClink

Reaction score
Thats not the difference between us. I agree that it is unacceptable to go 25 years...heck its unacceptable to go 25 years without winning a superbowl in my mind.
The difference is that I realize that if we went to the NFC title game 18 years ago or 13 years ago I would still feel exactly the same this morning with our chances this season.

It's all good. I appreciate you and being a fan like me. All the best. :)

brickman

Reaction score
The amount of jaded idiots on this site amazes me. Blueblood 70, denim chicken and rockport are all good examples. You aren’t fans, you’re just wannabes who live your glory through “your team”. Have any of you even played sports? And I’m not talking about Madden on your XBox. You 3 tough guys just keep doing what you’re doing.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
The amount of jaded idiots on this site amazes me. Blueblood 70, denim chicken and rockport are all good examples. You aren’t fans, you’re just wannabes who live your glory through “your team”. Have any of you even played sports? And I’m not talking about Madden on your XBox. You 3 tough guys just keep doing what you’re doing.

OK, big boy. Someone got their feeling hurt.

I don't get glory from the team. I watch to be entertained. You are the one whining about how the sport doesn't do it for you anymore, not us.

You don't football anymore, go talk about something you do like. Somehting tells me you're not going anywhere, though.