I actually have a beef with Parsons

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFWJC

Reaction score
yet back in the day there werent any SM , these kids grow up with it..its the norm.. I guess he should get a cocaine habit, be an alcoholic, be legally on steroids, hang around with murderers, maybe he'd fit in with this Group A little bit better for you?;):lmao:
Overreact much?

Didn't say he shouldn't use social media. I, like many, am just not a fan of his drama at times.
Never once said he was a bad kid or anything....he's the opposite of that.
Plus I said he was great player, obviously.
Calm down...jeez

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
Parsons gets blocked a lot, and isn't nearly as dominating as old school linebacker was for their team.
Honestly I don't see Parsons getting blocked very much. Maybe I am watching different games.

"Parsons’ 90 total pressures were tied for the most in the league, and his 19.27% pressure rate was the highest at the position among those who played at least 50% of their team’s pass-rush snaps. "

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-final-2022-edge-defender-rankings#:~:text=1.,-rush win rate (min.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Overreact much?
the thread itself was an overreaction, why not go with it.. those are actual facts, not an exaggeration many of those players back then got away with ton more because there wasnt a saturation of media and different rules.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
My only beef with Parsons is his social media stuff.
The player is great
This.

As far as his capabilities on the field go, he's the only potential AAA player on the whole team. Actually he already is. Lamb could be another one, but even though he had a great season I don't really see him there yet. Martin is AAA of course, but I guess he is on his last legs now. We have to win that SB fast in order to utilize him still at his best.

Lots of "above average but not top tier" players on this team, so if they really do win a SB next season, it's all on Big Mac. He then elevated this group of players to something special.

DFWJC

Reaction score
This.

As far as his capabilities on the field go, he's the only potential AAA player on the whole team. Actually he already is. Lamb could be another one, but even though he had a great season I don't really see him there yet. Martin is AAA of course, but I guess he is on his last legs now. We have to win that SB fast in order to utilize him still at his best.

Lots of "above average but not top tier" players on this team, so if they really do win a SB next season, it's all on Big Mac. He then elevated them to something special.
Thank you

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
He's too much new school and too much of a 'sweet' player to take full control of the Cowboys defense.

Old School linebackers: Lawrence Taylor, Harry Carson, Willie Lanier, Mike Singletary, Ray Lewis...they are not specialized besides effectively being immediately aggressive. They were in the play before they were blocked. Parsons gets blocked a lot, and isn't nearly as dominating as old school linebacker was for their team. That was five players who met every inch of the requirement. He better commit more within himself and less into talking about it. Do it!
AGREED!!!! That's why as usual he goes quiet in games

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
yet back in the day there werent any SM , these kids grow up with it..its the norm..
Back when Social Media was a dial up telephone, and dang, if you had a touch tone phone, you were really cooking.
When you memorized all your friends home phone numbers off the top of your head. now days I bet 99% of the population can only remember a few phone numbers. :laugh:

The other SM was when you hand wrote a note passed through out the classroom, or ... actually a hand written or manually typed letter and sent through the mail. And dang no auto correction.
Research was done in a library and encyclopedia's.

We came a long way, and it is great to a degree, but I think much actual thinking and research is a lost art. But progress I guess. Remember when math was done on paper, or in your head. I see people now pick up their phone and enter 1+1. :laugh:

blueblood70

Reaction score
Back when Social Media was a dial up telephone, and dang, if you had a touch tone phone, you were really cooking.
When you memorized all your friends home phone numbers off the top of your head. now days I bet 99% of the population can only remember a few phone numbers. :laugh:

The other SM was when you hand wrote a note passed through out the classroom, or ... actually a hand written or manually typed letter and sent through the mail. And dang no auto correction.
Research was done in a library and encyclopedia's.

We came a long way, and it is great to a degree, but I think much actual thinking and research is a lost art. But progress I guess. Remember when math was done on paper, or in your head. I see people now pick up their phone and enter 1+1. :laugh:
i remember having to go to the newspaper to find stats and use highlighter on cowboys payers to see where they ranked, listen to sports talk radio on one station, not have Espn because it was expensive premium cable, only one game on in each time slot Sunday and MNF only, and then go to bar to argue over whose right LOL

Last edited:

visionary

Reaction score
He's too much new school and too much of a 'sweet' player to take full control of the Cowboys defense.

Old School linebackers: Lawrence Taylor, Harry Carson, Willie Lanier, Mike Singletary, Ray Lewis...they are not specialized besides effectively being immediately aggressive. They were in the play before they were blocked. Parsons gets blocked a lot, and isn't nearly as dominating as old school linebacker was for their team. That was five players who met every inch of the requirement. He better commit more within himself and less into talking about it. Do it!
You don’t “have a beef” with Dak but you “have a beef” with Parsons?

:facepalm:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
i remember having to go to the newspaper to find stats and use highlighter on cowboys payers to see where they ranked, listen to sports talk radio on one station, not have Espn because it was expensive premium cable, only one game on in each time slot Sunday and MNF only, and then go to bar to argue over whose right LOL
Yeah, I understand that.
I went to the library to do research looking through old Sporting news and the Palm Beach Post. At the West Palm Beach Library. Which had a fantastic sports section in the 80's and 90's.
The Library had every weekly copy of the Sporting news dating back easily 2 years. And beyond that was on microfilm.

I had a book, about 3 inches thick I got from Walden's books, and it had every stat and game from the NFL and all time team and NFL stats of every player. It went through 1988 or 1989.
Around 1992, prior to the season, I decided to see where Emmitt, Michal and Troy were ranked in Dallas and the NFL and how they moved up the rankings. So I researched all the games all the teams getting stats. Started out Dallas only, and expanded it to the NFL.

I created spreadsheets on them, and kept them up to date until around 2000. I still have them somewhere on an external hard drive. Of course now it is all on the internet.

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score

Old School linebackers: Lawrence Taylor, Harry Carson, Willie Lanier, Mike Singletary, Ray Lewis...they are not specialized besides effectively being immediately aggressive.
Brother, if those cats you mentioned played in today's era they would be the same way as the players of today. Being an alpha male in 2023 is not acceptable. Too much masculinity for the beta's that run everything. Masculinity is considered toxic now.

For the record I think he's fine. He has some dawg in him but he's also a likable guy. He's what you want in today's era.

Last edited:

stuckindc

Reaction score
Or having to wait for NFL Primetime because the game was not on in my area

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Parsons will probably be another HOF caliber talent like Ware, Witten and Martin wasted under our dysfunctional leadership.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Oh wow, another thread saying that one of the best football players on the planet is 'too soft' because he likes to go to 76ers games. How original.

If Reggie White never got blocked, he would have far more than 198 sacks.

On a somewhat unrelated note, based on most of these comments, it is almost as if no one has actually ever interacted with a person under 30 and gets all of their info on today's youth from (ironically enough) social media and the internet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.