I actually have a beef with Parsons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big_D

Reaction score
I don’t care what he tweets he’s the best player on the D and he’s working hard to improve on top of it. Some guys would just rest on that knowing a big pay day is around the corner but Parsons is definitely hungry for much more.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He's too much new school and too much of a 'sweet' player to take full control of the Cowboys defense.

Old School linebackers: Lawrence Taylor, Harry Carson, Willie Lanier, Mike Singletary, Ray Lewis...they are not specialized besides effectively being immediately aggressive. They were in the play before they were blocked. Parsons gets blocked a lot, and isn't nearly as dominating as old school linebacker was for their team. That was five players who met every inch of the requirement. He better commit more within himself and less into talking about it. Do it!
Parsons is as good as any of them. Taylor aside.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sooner or later you'll all come around to my.... trade him for the 1st pick in the draft along with their 2nd and next years #1.

QB + 2 stud lineman. + our own picks. CHAMPIONSHIP!

Batman1980

Reaction score
I like Parsons a lot but he needs to ascend to another level if he wants to be worth that 1st round pick.

Praxit

Reaction score
..he's still learning. He's also a product of this Media orientated generation. I suppose, its tough break.

Old school players, didnt have that spectacle. It was all FOCUS on football incentives.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
You don’t “have a beef” with Dak but you “have a beef” with Parsons?

:facepalm:
It does get confusing as to who we can criticise and who we can't. Without hurting anyone's feelings at least.

foofighters

Reaction score
He's too much new school and too much of a 'sweet' player to take full control of the Cowboys defense.

Old School linebackers: Lawrence Taylor, Harry Carson, Willie Lanier, Mike Singletary, Ray Lewis...they are not specialized besides effectively being immediately aggressive. They were in the play before they were blocked. Parsons gets blocked a lot, and isn't nearly as dominating as old school linebacker was for their team. That was five players who met every inch of the requirement. He better commit more within himself and less into talking about it. Do it!
Even if Parson's is double/triple teamed, he's doing his job. That frees up someone else to make a play. Parsons shows up quite a bit despite getting a lot of attention each game from the offense. I love this cabin fever stuff. The season can't get here soon enough...

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I've been telling you for over 10 years now that you need stop watching SportsCenter highlights for your opinion. Or worse, asking the board and then making your mind up based on what people here are telling you.
I've been telling you for 10 to get a life and to stay out of mines. Clearly you love me and are obsessed, I thank you for that my friend

blueblood70

Reaction score
I like Parsons a lot but he needs to ascend to another level if he wants to be worth that 1st round pick.
I know you didn't just say that he was worth the pic at #12 overall plus 1/3 we got because of the trade we knew by game 10 his rookie year we were well worth his draft pick

blueblood70

Reaction score
..he's still learning. He's also a product of this Media orientated generation. I suppose, its tough break.

Old school players, didnt have that spectacle. It was all FOCUS on football incentives.
No instead they hung out at bars, did coke, got drunk the night before games, shot up steroids, got in trouble without TMZ following them around man imagine the White House incident in the 90s even with this team what would have been off the charts.

some of those guys would probably would have been suspended they would have had a lot more investigations going on with that in today's NFL we're not just focused on football you never seen North Dallas 40 are you kidding me dude the things that these guys used to do and get away with the partying etc

JayFord

Reaction score
No instead they hung out at bars, did coke, got drunk the night before games, shot up steroids, got in trouble without TMZ following them around man imagine the White House incident in the 90s even with this team what would have been off the charts.

some of those guys would probably would have been suspended they would have had a lot more investigations going on with that in today's NFL we're not just focused on football you never seen North Dallas 40 are you kidding me dude the things that these guys used to do and get away with the partying etc
this is where im confused youre right....idk why people think ball players back then where just focused on ball and nothing else

players back then did MUCH worse things because they could get away with it and wasnt no media around them 24/7

can you imagine with the coverage that we get today if Michael Irvin did the things he did? Coke? Cutting a teammates throat with scissors.....???

Status
Not open for further replies.