I ain't giving up on Trey Lance

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
He played Div. I FCS, not Div. III. Nonetheless, he did not face future NFL players. Unusual, though, he’s one of three North Dakota State quarterbacks on NFL rosters today. One is a QB2, two are QB3’s. NDSU plays tonight. Their QB is expected to be a Day 3 pick in 2025. He’s another runner, too.
thanks for correcting me. regardless, these type of athletic college players do well against lesser competition because their abilities are just superior. playing against higher level competition and they don't do as well. probably a reason he wasn't highly recruited out of high school.

he showed stuff against much lesser competition vs. Chargers. but struggled against 1st and second teamers. people will point to Raiders and say he did good against their starters and 2nd stringers. but he also didn't do much for anyone to go wow.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Well, he is not going to be "ever" a pocket quarterback.

He's got to be in a system that fits him and I think he'll be fine. I wish they would have used it in the preseason.
If they put them into a similar system than 2016, it would help him, help the young offensive line, and help our running game.
He does throw well on the move.
Lance can throw from anywhere on the field.

He’s not a rookie.

He needs reps with the 1s.

He’s advanced beyond the 3s.

He’s played in 10 preseason games and has a 2-2 starting record.

Chasing6

Reaction score
how can he suck so bad after 4 years, lacking fundamentals. after 4 years of being coached in NFL. after 4 off seasons having had time to better his craft. after 4 years of watching film with greatest players/coaches in the football world.

he played great against bunch of scrubs. because he is athletic and those scrubs, who are now applying for jobs in 7-11 would be overwhelmed by his atheleticism. just like he did in Div III. against real NFL players, even back up and 2nd strings, he has been nothing but average or below.
Maybe because he did not play in HS and only 1 year I college.

erod

Reaction score
I’m still holding out hope that this guy is the future of Dallas. Sure, he didn’t play great in the preseason but that doesn’t mean much to me and he still feels like such an enigma. What I’d do is keep him as our backup and see if Dak can handle the pressure!! Keeping Lance on the sidelines doesn’t just make him better. It makes Dak be forced to play better. All I ask is don’t give up on Lance. Dak has gotten how much seasons and excuses? Don’t toss Lance away just yet!!
Well, he'll be an unrestricted free agent in 6 months.

Chasing6

Reaction score

He’s not a rookie.

I wonder why Cowboys don't see it they way you do? When they declared him the starter in SF before camp even started in year 2, did he not get reps with the 1's?

Does working with the ones some how help you read a defense better?

erod

Reaction score

He’s not a rookie.

They'd better hurry then because Dallas did not pick up his rookie 5th year option, and he'll be an unrestricted free agent in March.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
OMG OMG OMG

(me calling the city)
CFIH: Hello, can we have a parade set up this weekend?
City: Why?
CFIH: well, Lance had a 350 yard game in preseason. I think its worth a parade
City: ok, maybe a small parade, would that be ok?
CFIH: sure....
moments later
CFIH: aaahhh can we hold the parade, he had 5 interceptions and played against 7-11 future employees.
City: ahh, ok, that doesn't sound like a parade performance.
While you are on the phone, ask them if they can put a parade on for Dak also. Lance and Dak can have the "Loser Parade" for all to see. Get back to us with their answer.

Chasing6

Reaction score

He’s not a rookie.

We do not need him to throw anywhere on the field. We need him to throw the ball to receivers that can catch them in stride.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

He’s not a rookie.

he is in his 4th year and still struggles with basic fundamentals....I don't get this lance love and everyone drooling and going gaga over this guy who has done nothing...absolutely nothing

kskboys

Reaction score
I wonder why Cowboys don't see it they way you do? When they declared him the starter in SF before camp even started in year 2, did he not get reps with the 1's?

Does working with the ones some how help you read a defense better?
I seriously think that most have no clue what reading a D entails. Nor how difficult it is.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

He’s not a rookie.

It's not throwing skills that are the issue, it's his reading, the field skills where he struggles.

I don't care how many games he's played or what his record is.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
It's not throwing skills that are the issue, it's his reading, the field skills where he struggles.

I don't care how many games he's played or what his record is.
I’m not sure where people get the idea he struggles to read the field. He’s good at going through his progressions. His issues are he is sometimes hesitant or his accuracy is off. He’s made some mistakes on some pre-snap reads, but those things can be eliminated the more he plays. Will he get enough playing time here to do so? Who knows? But he’s here because he flashes serious potential, and it’s the same reason the 49ers drafted him.

erod

Reaction score
I’m not sure where people get the idea he struggles to read the field. He’s good at going through his progressions. His issues are he is sometimes hesitant or his accuracy is off. He’s made some mistakes on some pre-snap reads, but those things can be eliminated the more he plays. Will he get enough playing time here to do so? Who knows? But he’s here because he flashes serious potential, and it’s the same reason the 49ers drafted him.

Nonsense. He continually didn't see receivers wide open all preseason. And he's scared to death to throw downfield.