I ain't giving up on Trey Lance

DuncanIso

Reaction score
So 8 tds with 7 ints against scrubs means he's ready for the ones?
Look, I think he has potential but I've got no idea where you're coming from.
10 preseason games

125/203
61.6 comp perc
1,364 yds

8 TDs
7 INTs <=== 5 in the last game
80.2 rate

Dallas isn't going to let Lance walk because of some 3rd Preseason game with scrubs.

The kid is fire.

He's going to be QB1, unless he gets hurt again.

Jerry/Dallas loves Lance.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
10 preseason games

125/203
61.6 comp perc
1,364 yds

8 TDs
80.2 rate

Dallas isn't going to let Lance walk because of some 3rd Preseason game with scrubs.

The kid is fire.

Why do you keep referring to him as a kid? And why is he “fire”?

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Reps, reps, reps. You don’t get a three-minute egg in just one minute.

Or six-minute abs in five minutes… (watching ‘There’s Something About Mary’ right now)

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I’m still holding out hope that this guy is the future of Dallas. Sure, he didn’t play great in the preseason but that doesn’t mean much to me and he still feels like such an enigma. What I’d do is keep him as our backup and see if Dak can handle the pressure!! Keeping Lance on the sidelines doesn’t just make him better. It makes Dak be forced to play better. All I ask is don’t give up on Lance. Dak has gotten how much seasons and excuses? Don’t toss Lance away just yet!!
You know what…good for you. People are miserable in Cowboys land so you are going to get killed here but good for you being positive about Lance. It’s a long shot but the guy just hasn’t played much football. Frankly given the inexperience it’s amazing he is as good as he is.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
You know what…good for you. People are miserable in Cowboys land so you are going to get killed here but good for you being positive about Lance. It’s a long shot but the guy just hasn’t played much football. Frankly given the inexperience it’s amazing he is as good as he is.
Agree.

Fans have agendas.

Lance is one of the few players that made PreSeason camp interesting enough to follow.

And QB1 transitions are never easy.

Jerry is clearly butthurt towards Dak. The playoff losses have been brutal.

Rush likely loses his job first though.

Flamma

Reaction score
I’m still holding out hope that this guy is the future of Dallas. Sure, he didn’t play great in the preseason but that doesn’t mean much to me and he still feels like such an enigma. What I’d do is keep him as our backup and see if Dak can handle the pressure!! Keeping Lance on the sidelines doesn’t just make him better. It makes Dak be forced to play better. All I ask is don’t give up on Lance. Dak has gotten how much seasons and excuses? Don’t toss Lance away just yet!!
He doesn't have a contract beyond this season. What do we pay him?

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
3-4 years / 25-35 mil
The guy has already stolen more money than Bonnie & Clyde. Is he going to be on the 48 man game day roster vs. Cleveland? If he can’t be QB2 in his fourth year in the league he’s going to be paid no more than the minimum allowed if any team is even interested in him next season.

Flamma

Reaction score
3-4 years / 25-35 mil
Nobody does that. That's a contract in between backup money and market value. QBs like Geno Smith and Baker Mayfield get those types of contracts. But they are rare. Lance hasn't earned that money. No one in the league would give him that money, why would the Cowboys?

In my opinion, Lance wants to start somewhere to prove his value. No QB does that at 25-35M. There are no examples of that. He has to take backup money for a year or two, similar to what Jordon Love did. Then try to prove himself. If he proves himself to even be halfway decent, he's going to want 55M a year. That's what these QBs do in this league. They'll play for less someplace else, just not for you. That's how they try to maximize their value.

Chasing6

Reaction score
10 preseason games

125/203
61.6 comp perc
1,364 yds

8 TDs
80.2 rate

The kid is fire.

This QB is 1. He is the number 1 bust of all TIME.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Nobody does that. That's a contract in between backup money and market value. QBs like Geno Smith and Baker Mayfield get those types of contracts. But they are rare. Lance hasn't earned that money. No one in the league would give him that money, why would the Cowboys?

In my opinion, Lance wants to start somewhere to prove his value. No QB does that at 25-35M. There are no examples of that. He has to take backup money for a year or two, similar to what Jordon Love did. Then try to prove himself. If he proves himself to even be halfway decent, he's going to want 55M a year. That's what these QBs do in this league. They'll play for less someplace else, just not for you. That's how they try to maximize their value.
That’s Not 25-35 per year.

thats the total amount of the contract.

they might even offer a signing bonus. I.e. 10 mill

that lowers the Cap even more.

3-4 years. 7-8 mil per year.

very affordable When compared to mega millions Dak.

Flamma

Reaction score
That’s Not 25-35 per year.

thats the total amount of the contract.

they might even offer a signing bonus. I.e. 10 mill

that lowers the Cap even more.

3-4 years. 7-8 mil per year.

very affordable When compared to mega millions Dak.
Oh ok, I misread your post. That makes more sense. Cut it to 2 years and he'll probably accept it. Because the first year he shows any promise, he'll want market value. Most QBs do prove it 1 year deals.