I am concerned for the future of this season

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
With the recent injury news to Micah and Lawrence, this defense is going to have a very difficult time getting to the QB.

Even with Micah rushing last night, the pass rush was near non existent. Even blitzes were ineffective.

Now they're are removed by injury for a few weeks (maybe more), I don't see anyone stepping up. Kneeland has done solid as a rookie from what I've seen, but he's still a rookie.

With the defense giving up more yards and more points, the offense that has only 1 weapon (besides Dak), is going to have their work cut out for them and I don't see them doing enough to win football games in the National Football League.

Schemes and good coaching are already non existent.

We very well could lose our next 4 games.

I hope I'm wrong.
No, you are 100% correct.
We are going to get plastered.
This team is awful on both sides of the ball.
Playing a well coached Squealers team on the road is going to be butt ugly for Cowboys fans.
This team needed an infusion of talent after that butt kicking we got against the Packers.
Instead we let a ton of depth walk out the door and did little to replace it.
This team sucks.
From the top down I might add.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
With the recent injury news to Micah and Lawrence, this defense is going to have a very difficult time getting to the QB.

Even with Micah rushing last night, the pass rush was near non existent. Even blitzes were ineffective.

Now they're are removed by injury for a few weeks (maybe more), I don't see anyone stepping up. Kneeland has done solid as a rookie from what I've seen, but he's still a rookie.

With the defense giving up more yards and more points, the offense that has only 1 weapon (besides Dak), is going to have their work cut out for them and I don't see them doing enough to win football games in the National Football League.

I hope I'm wrong.
You should be concerned, very concerned, now go write Jerry a letter.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

I hope I'm wrong.
stall the alarm maybe we'll be creative, and someone will step up. It's been an issue all season, no need to jump off the lake now! We struggle with getting to the QB, I saw Jones avoid Micah and our rushers multiple times by going right around them

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It's not typically positive to take away talent from a unit still trying to find it's footing.

The only silver lining is neither player was having all that good of a season to this point.

Would be nice to have Armstrong or someone else to plug in.
good points except for armstrong, would have been too much for a role player

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
stall the alarm maybe we'll be creative, and someone will step up. It's been an issue all season, no need to jump off the lake now! We struggle with getting to the QB, I saw Jones avoid Micah and our rushers multiple times by going right around them
Everybody wants to be a superhero these days.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Everybody wants to be a superhero these days.
you used to be one, but after the accident, you've not been the same. Still can't believe how you destroyed that store because they didn't have any #21 zeke jerseys!!

starfan1

Reaction score
We do struggle getting to the qb. Jones is a pretty mobile guy and limiting him like we did is a good thing

Fields is cut from a similar cloth. Not a great passer but can run very well and tough to bring down we’ll see how it goes

The fact that you don’t have your 2 best defensive players will most likely play a role but we’ve had them all year and they haven’t exactly performed at levels I was hoping maybe the subs step up

sbark

Reaction score
Zimmer will have to generate pressure at key points the old fashioned way ......blitz packages with Overshown & Liafel....maybe a corner or Safety here & there.

Football is a game
Don’t let it distract you from the real issues

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We do struggle getting to the qb. Jones is a pretty mobile guy and limiting him like we did is a good thing

Fields is cut from a similar cloth. Not a great passer but can run very well and tough to bring down we’ll see how it goes

The fact that you don’t have your 2 best defensive players will most likely play a role but we’ve had them all year and they haven’t exactly performed at levels I was hoping maybe the subs step up
hell with them gone maybe we will magically find success, I mean we weren't doing great with them here in getting pressure and taking down qb's, speedy recovery

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He'd be our best DE right now.

Great thing he did was aboid negative plays. I don't think we'd have trouble with him keeping outside containment or free lancing.
Good point!! Osa used to give us some good plays, not bashing him but haven't been hearing much about him these days

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Not sure why anyone is concerned about these guys missing games most thought they'd lose anyway. If you thought they were going to win 12 games again this year then obviously you probably had your fan goggles on. Everyone else saw about 9 maybe 10 wins. I expect them to lose the next 2 and maybe still San Fran unless they continue to miss certain players.

CWR

Reaction score
Good point!! Osa used to give us some good plays, not bashing him but haven't been hearing much about him these days
Yeah its wild, with those injuries I'm more concerned about DE than DT now. Really hoping Mazi can keep his momentum

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

I hope I'm wrong.
Jerry needs to bring in Randy Gregory if he's still in decent shape. He is 31 years old and not much wear-n-tear.

"By the end of the 2020 season Randy Gregory had become the second most impactful defensive lineman on the team. In ten games Gregory racked up 3.5 sacks, 16 QB pressures, 12 QB hits, and three forced fumbles while playing under 40 snaps in eight of the ten games he played in."

As a rotational piece, the Cowboys could possibly get better production from Randy Gregory than they could from whomever is currently available on the team.

Desperate times call for desperate measures. The Cowboys certainly are desperately needing help right now at DE. Such a move could help them salvage the season and make the playoffs, giving time got both Micah Parsons and DeMarcus Lawrence to heal properly and come back in 4 - 6 weeks. Making no move (staying with the status quo) could end this season and any playoff hopes.

Make the call to Randy Gregory, Jerry! To heck with what the fans think. Now is the time to put on your big boy GM pants and make the call to try to help this team salvage this season.

Randy Gregory (2020): Cowboys

Randy Gregory (2021): last season with Cowboys

Randy Gregory (2022): Broncos

Randy Gregory (2023): Broncos/49ers