I am concerned for the future of this season

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
We’re going to struggle to win 8-9 games. Since last season we’ve lost LVE, Gallimore, Gilmore, Sam Williams, Bland, Parsons and DLaw on defense. At least Parsons and Bland will be back and we’re assuming DLaw will be back but no guarantees. No way are we going to be able to complete with this defense, especially when we have no running game to help keep the defense off the field. The writing is on the wall for this season. Unfortunately this looks like the Cowboys team most of us were expecting in 2024. Expectations were low for the team heading into training camp coming off the playoff debacle and a lackluster offseason.

CWR

Reaction score
sure would be nice to have the depth.. i said it was going to be a mistake when he left to be starter so far DA= 4 tackles 0.5 sacks this season. .hmmm Fowler=2 tackles 0.5 sacks

wow we left these dynamic superstars get away.. those are their STARTERS, Im betting we can match that with our replacements :) Kendricks leading the league in tackles has 2 sacks, Overshown 18 tackles 1 sack

Sam Williams injury was bigger loss than them he had more talent. yes a bit immature at times but his loos makes these injuires biggger right now. No team in the nFL has the depth to cover your top 3 Pass rushers all getting hurt withing the first 4 weeks of the season.

i would move overshown into parsons role asap..hes MP clone IMHO..until they come back i start there
I understand not paying those guys. It was how we replaced them I questioned. Of course it was a stroke of terrible luck losing Sam. Now it's our skeleton crew.

I'd send Overshown a few times a game as well. I don't believe he can handle Parsons role though. It's not normal taking on tackles at that size. Parsons is a freak.

CCBoy

Reaction score
True, but we've got the 90 Million dollar duo that is going to carve up that defense like the Germans bombing Pearl Harbor......
:muttley:

Here is the core of the problem right now...

Not to oversell Elliott’s return to the Cowboys this season, but Elliott appears to be the clear cornerstone of the bunch. What he brings to the table is special, even if his skills have possibly eroded over time. Elliott is a jack-of-all-trades at RB and can be leaned on in a variety of roles. It’s hard to imagine any gameday combination that doesn’t feature Elliott in some capacity.

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/lists/cowboys-elliott-dowdle-running-back-roles-2024/

In 2022 Elliott began the year at the top of the depth chart. In 2023 it was Tony Pollard in the pole position. In 2024 there’s hope Dowdle takes the top spot. Of all the RBs in Dallas, Dowdle holds the most promise as a RB1.

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/lists/cowboys-elliott-dowdle-running-back-roles-2024/

Last edited:

blueblood70

Reaction score
I understand not paying those guys. It was how we replaced them I questioned. Of course it was a stroke of terrible luck losing Sam. Now it's our skeleton crew.

I'd send Overshown a few times a game as well. I don't believe he can handle Parsons role though. It's not normal taking on tackles at that size. Parsons is a freak.
I disagree they're not built that much different...

and once again i need to remind you that no team has that much insurance and can cover that many injuries to one group.. not 1.. you see the eagles struggle to try to fix their defense last year lost what 5-6 in row,,,its tough..even Roseman couldn't do it..

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Looks like our FO will be relying on Kneeland and Carl Lawson to fill in at DE, for a while, to fill in for Lawrence & Parsons. :omg:

Of course, it's assuming they don't somehow decide to curb their normal routine and acquire outside talent to serve their cause.

Last edited:

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Our kicker and punter are d'shiznit.
Seems so strange that so many long range field goals are being kicked this season, our boy Aubrey leads the pack, but just so odd seeing such an increased long range efficiency this season.
Maybe it is the global warming or something...lol

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The future of the team past this season is concerning. There’s talk next offseason could be worse than this past offseason with the players we’re going to lose. DLaw will likely be gone after this season and the team likely won’t be very active in free agency as usual. This years team could be the best team we’ll have for a while.