I am concerned for the future of this season

CCBoy

Reaction score
No, you are 100% correct.
We are going to get plastered.
This team is awful on both sides of the ball.
Playing a well coached Squealers team on the road is going to be butt ugly for Cowboys fans.
This team needed an infusion of talent after that butt kicking we got against the Packers.
Instead we let a ton of depth walk out the door and did little to replace it.
This team sucks.
From the top down I might add.
Dallas still has too many issues with players not playing well and multiple injury concerns. They aren’t tackling well, there are too many penalties, and they rely too much on great play from their quarterback

There are directions being shown on play of some young talent and it is production. There are also players who's production could be introduced on a scheme advantage manner. Our receiver, Brandin Cooks, has to be reintroduced and used to a much improved manner. He is being wasted now in favor of a hero/hero manner for a marginally used duo between Prescott and Cooks. Tight end is fully productive but allowing a game go with no runner with more than 30 yards.

Cook has eight receptions for 75 yards and a touchdown in four games. CeeDee Lamb had a more productive night against the Giants than Cooks has had all season combined.

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/li...-studs-duds-lamb-cooks-prescott-2023-rookies/

Greater show on turf isn't in vision. This is all on command and chain and play selection. Not potential. There are selections on the field, but there isn't disciplined accountability as well. That can change, even if only by the element of luck.

Last edited:

CCBoy

Reaction score
This is the year I already posted, that Jerry is accountable on my score card.

Jerry has his two prima dona and advertised show boats to attract attention.

Cook has eight receptions for 75 yards and a touchdown in four games. CeeDee Lamb had a more productive night against the Giants than Cooks has had all season combined. This assures Jerry his showboats...not wins! That is yours, Jerry, not a fans.

32BellyOption

Reaction score
Minus our two top pass rushers our secondary is in big trouble. Especially minus Bland. And if the offense can’t run the ball and control the clock this season could quickly end up in the crapper.

CCBoy

Reaction score
He only had a single reception on four targets versus New York. He isn’t getting separation and isn’t an impactful player in the offense. Jalen Tolbert has outperformed Cooks with 10 receptions for 136 yards and a touchdown. Cooks had success last year running crossers and was often open on deep routes, but the hitches and curls this season haven’t been working for him.

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/li...-studs-duds-lamb-cooks-prescott-2023-rookies/

Jalen Tolbert has outperformed Cooks with 10 receptions for 136 yards and a touchdown.

Developing Tolbert but not a strong unit use, also.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Lamb was left in single coverage on one play all night, and Prescott hit him for a 55-yard touchdown. He caught seven of his eight targets for 98 yards and that long TD reception. He has 107 yards after the catch over expected, the most in the NFL. Lamb is also the best running back on the team, he has three runs more than 10 yards, more than all of the running backs combined.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Minus our two top pass rushers our secondary is in big trouble. Especially minus Bland. And if the offense can’t run the ball and control the clock this season could quickly end up in the crapper.
Dallas, at one point, was down to their sixth and seventh cornerbacks, so they have a built-in excuse for their poor play. DaRon Bland and Caelen Carson were both out with injuries. Andrew Booth Jr. was benched after a bad start, and Trevon Diggs had to leave for a short time with cramps due to dehydration. Add poor play from Malik Hooker and especially Donovan Wilson, and even Daniel Jones can have a good game throwing the ball.

HungryLion

Reaction score
This team has ZERO chance of winning a championship. Fact.

Correct

I’m still pissed at the FO. I honestly hate Jerry and Stephen.

But once you accept the fact that the cowboys aren’t winning anything this season. You can just watch the games and hope to see improvement from young talent like Mazi and Guyton and Beebe and Overshown, etc etc. and just look at what the future building pieces might be.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The way I see it. Micah usually wears down at the end of the season and in the playoffs.
This may be a blessing in disguise. He may now have some rest and have some great energy if we can manage to get into the playoffs.

And DLaw will not be so tired.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Correct

I’m still pissed at the FO. I honestly hate Jerry and Stephen.

But once you accept the fact that the cowboys aren’t winning anything this season. You can just watch the games and hope to see improvement from young talent like Mazi and Guyton and Beebe and Overshown, etc etc. and just look at what the future building pieces might be.
The hardest part is that they could still get out of their own way and win.

HungryLion

Reaction score
The way I see it. Micah usually wears down at the end of the season and in the playoffs.
This may be a blessing in disguise. He may now have some rest and have some great energy if we can manage to get into the playoffs.

I’ve been begging them to play Micah less snaps for 3 years now.

Funny that it may take an injury to get that to happen.

blueblood70

Reaction score
It's not typically positive to take away talent from a unit still trying to find it's footing.

The only silver lining is neither player was having all that good of a season to this point.

Would be nice to have Armstrong or someone else to plug in.
sure would be nice to have the depth.. i said it was going to be a mistake when he left to be starter so far DA= 4 tackles 0.5 sacks this season. .hmmm Fowler=2 tackles 0.5 sacks

wow we left these dynamic superstars get away.. those are their STARTERS, Im betting we can match that with our replacements :) Kendricks leading the league in tackles has 2 sacks, Overshown 18 tackles 1 sack

Sam Williams injury was bigger loss than them he had more talent. yes a bit immature at times but his loos makes these injuires biggger right now. No team in the nFL has the depth to cover your top 3 Pass rushers all getting hurt withing the first 4 weeks of the season.

i would move overshown into parsons role asap..hes MP clone IMHO..until they come back i start there

blueblood70

Reaction score
In light of today's injury news, there is very little reason to be optimistic looking forward
yeah but you can be neutral IE to be determined, watch the games... we then can debate each game how big a loss it was if it turns out that way,, Or maybe they step up and it motivates the next men up..

i would move Overshown into parsons role asap..hes MP clone IMHO..until they come back i start there and maybe Zim has FA in mind he knows well to bring in given we have the 10 day break.. should hear Monday or Tuesday if they plan to do this,

CCBoy

Reaction score
With McCarthy alone at the helm things have predictably moved in the direction of passing. The WCO is an offense designed to move away from the run-heavy approach of yesteryear. It replaces many of the runs typically associated with the Air Coryell and replaces them with short horizontal passes in space. When game situations and box counts call for it, there are still runs, but the short passing game essentially takes the place of the running game. Given all that, it’s not surprising to see the Cowboys passing at a rate over expected these days.

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/20...itm_campaign=internal&itm_content=ExploreMore