I am eating crow

cern

Reaction score
Dak has never been a guy that could elevate the team and over come a lot of other players and coaches errors . He seemed to have enough trouble keeping his in check .

That said he did not turn the ball over and lose the game for you either . If everyone did there jobs he could do his and win . Now he is turning the ball over by way of bad decisions and its costing us .

Here is where I draw the line , You cant throw into double coverage on the goal line get it Inted and come away with no points . Audible or if its not there do what the team is built to do run it in .
i'll be hunting ducks tomorrow morning. the cowboys will all have been forgotten. cold front moving in tonight. they're already coming in to the lake.

conner01

Reaction score
I will admit I was wrong about dak. I was a big supporter mainly because of his abilities shown in 2016.

I thought he would get over the slump and show those abilities again but he hasnt. I dont know what happen but he is now broken beyond repair.

I was wrong and alot of you were right.

I just dont know where this team goes from here.

A stubborn owner, long term bad coaching, years of emotionally invested into bad players.

I had high Hopes for this season and was looking forward to good football.

As a fan I am exhausted.
Dak looked like an up and coming player
No shame in wanting to see that
I still don’t know if Dak can be a QB but he’s getting no help from the scheme and play calling
Dak will be the QB next year so what needs to happen is a new offensive staff to see what he can do since he’s gonna be here anyway
Get a guy who might be able to make him a QB
If that doesn’t work you then have to start over at QB and spend most of a draft to get one

Carter

Reaction score
Not every low round pick turns into Tom Brady. I know Jerry wants to make a Statement turning a 4th Round Compensatory Draft Pick into a Franchise QB but he just isnt. Its plain obvious.

There is reason he was a 4th Round Comp Pick and all Teams passed on him basically 4 times...

The Flaws were obvious and he had a very lucky 2016 Season playing without any pressure, with the best O-Line in Football, the best RB in Football (back than) and still a reliable Receiving Corps.

Also he had Romo in his ear on the sideline in 2016.

2017 was the year of excuses (no Zeke, no T-Smith) but everyone without a blanket on their eyes could see that he regressed heavily or lets say see the real Dak without elite teamparts all around him.

Since Jerry will extend him soon to about a 6 yr deal or more we can Keep this thread up till Page 10000

Also this terrible playcalling and a failed QB like Moore aint gonna help Dak get better and hide his flaws.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak looked like an up and coming player
No shame in wanting to see that
I still don’t know if Dak can be a QB but he’s getting no help from the scheme and play calling
Dak will be the QB next year so what needs to happen is a new offensive staff to see what he can do since he’s gonna be here anyway
Get a guy who might be able to make him a QB
If that doesn’t work you then have to start over at QB and spend most of a draft to get one
What if a new HC or OC doesn't like Dak's chances? If Jerry is intent on keeping Dak, does that mean he is intent on keeping Garret? How about LInehan? :facepalm:
I hear the ominous sounds of failure.

cml750

Reaction score
Dak will never be a superstar but how can you honestly evaluate him with this pathetic staff. I mean you have Garrett :facepalm::thumbdown:, Linehan :facepalm::thumbdown:, and Kellen Moore :facepalm: :thumbdown:. That is about as pathetic as you can get with a coaching staff in this league.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Where I don’t disagree with you, I feel he does a lot of injustice on himself.

Throwing off his back foot, into double coverage? With a chance to go up two scores?

He’s the ONLY Qb in the NFL who consistently runs into the defense. The 4th down at the end?

There are receivers open ... he doesn’t read the field well.

With that being said, you can’t QB being behind the sticks every drive. How many times did Booger McFarland and Jason Witten beg them to throw the ball on first down?

Garrett, Linehan and Dak are all stale, outdated and need to be moved on from after this season.
here is the challenge....when they did throw on first downs people complained why aren't we running zeke, now we are running zeke and people complain why aren't we passing...

the issue is about execution and performance and we are not getting that...its not about running or passing if its successful....the coach, OC, QB, WRs OL are all under peforming.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Dak is exactly what he is. He can win with a dominant power run game and ferocious defense. He can do what Brad Johnson did, what young Roethlisberger did, what Eli did. Unfortunately to sustain those things you need an angry head coach like Lombardi, Noll, Cowher, Belichick, Coughlin.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I will admit I was wrong about dak. I was a big supporter mainly because of his abilities shown in 2016.

I thought he would get over the slump and show those abilities again but he hasnt. I dont know what happen but he is now broken beyond repair.

A stubborn owner, long term bad coaching, years of emotionally invested into bad players.

As a fan I am exhausted.

Good to be able to admit that you are wrong. Unfortunately, for those of us who were right, it's not any better. We're still in the same misery boat as you are.

JayFord

Reaction score
Jason Witten summed it up perfectly during the broadcast last night : This offense ONLY WORKS when every player executes perfectly ON EVERY PLAY.........How exactly is that "Dak friendly" ?

As disappointed as we all are over his obvious regression , this idiot coaching staff is simply making matters worse......................

That imo is lazy coaching. “Here take these 5 plays and if it dont work you didnt execute it perfectly”

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good to be able to admit that you are wrong. Unfortunately, for those of us who were right, it's not any better. We're still in the same misery boat as you are.
When I was in denial about Dak, Garret, Linehan, and Moore, I had this stupid little gin soaked grin. Now, just of the pain of dejected fandom. Time for some Crown...:muttley:

MCMetal69

Reaction score
That imo is lazy coaching. “Here take these 5 plays and if it dont work you didnt execute it perfectly”

What exactly were they doing for 2 weeks ? I've asked this numerous times : Why don't we do RPO's and pick plays like every other friggin' team ?

Stephen Jones is another nitwit that needs to shut up ; he doesn't want Dak running ? I seem to remember a certain running back recently that this team almost ran into the ground a couple of years ago during the final year of his contract..........Prescott excels in an RPO offense ; he's obviously incapable of what they're trying to turn him into , so why bother ? It's like trying to teach a house cat how to fetch a stick or catch a damn frisbee with its mouth..........

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score

As a fan I am exhausted.
I'm with you here.
A lot around Dak has to improve but that was an awful game.
There is no quick fix at QB tho so likely you have to do everything you can to win with him first.

And you need to ensure he is never out-rushed by another QB again.
There is no point saving him if he can't perform.
Run him and let him run the offense performs best in.

SSoup

Reaction score
99 passer rating. 67 completion percent. 2-to-1 TD to INT ratio. That was Dak's night as a passer. Despite bad line play, bad coaching, bad playcalling, and bad/new receivers.

The people acting like this is an unacceptable rock bottom are being silly. The reality is that this isn't that bad for a guy being undermined in all directions.

Frederick will be back. Cooper and Connor Williams and Gallup will all benefit from a full offseason with us before being ready to play better for us in 2019. And we'll actually be prepared to treat the TE position as a priority this offseason after foolishly getting caught unprepared for Witten's departure last spring.

So we ought to almost automatically be better at WR, TE, and along the O-line next year. And, unless we willfully refuse to make the easily achievable upgrades in the coaching area, we'll have a new offensive coordinator to freshen up the offensive schemes too (if not an entirely new coaching staff) and get us back to making use of Elliott and dictating the game.

I think Dak will be fine. In the short term, I don't see any realistic/affordable (and young enough to have a future) option available to us who will legitimately beat out Prescott in 2019. In the long term, I'm not opposed to drafting another QB who might be better down the road... but without a 1st rounder, that's obviously not realistic in 2019 either.

The best I can honestly hope for for 2019 is an improved QB Coach and offensive coordinator, paired with improved o-line play and improved talent/play at WR and TE. Those improvement should all be easy to achieve and they should bring Dak's level of play closer to his ceiling than to his floor. I wouldn't mind a savvy, experienced veteran backup QB to add to the QB room (someone who has enough experience for Dak to be able to learn from them by picking their brain), but I wouldn't be surprised if we were unwilling to devote good money to the backup QB position, given how little we value the backup QB spots.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Maybe Dak has become too much of a celebrity QB. Too many endorsements, too much time out, not enough time in the film room and practice field. He keeps reverting back to bad habits and this can’t all be on the coach. He was awful in training camp and there hasn’t been talk of him working his tail off, but he has been seen out during the week.
:rolleyes:

conner01

Reaction score
What if a new HC or OC doesn't like Dak's chances? If Jerry is intent on keeping Dak, does that mean he is intent on keeping Garret? How about LInehan? :facepalm:
I hear the ominous sounds of failure.
Hopefully he listens to his coach
Dak will be here next year anyway
Let the guy you hire have a shot at him and see what happens
I’m not convinced he is the future but since we have no one else it’s work giving a new guy a shot at getting him to progress as a player

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score

As a fan I am exhausted.
Still premature.

While Dak may not seem like the answer, he surely isn't the sole problem. We may never get to know what Dak may become in Dallas because we have bozos developing him.

Let these bozos develop the next Dallas QB (Tua or whoever else) and watch that next QB suffer the same fate Dak, Romo, and 7 other QBs have suffered over the years.

:popcorn:

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
Jerry jones is an absolute curse to the legacy of the Dallas Cowboys. He and his family have soiled this once great franchise. I cannot stand him or his sons. They are all idiots who have no grasp of football.

This punk of a man will extend Dak and has already set this team back by trading away their best chance at redemption next year.

There is literally NO HOPE LEFT as the inbred Jones clan continues to crush what little hope was left.

I rue the day this morally decrepit, bozo, oil man stepped into the NFL as owner of the once proud Dallas Cowboys. He has turned them into laughing stocks of ineptitude.

If I had not become emotionally vested in this organization with the Tom Landry led Cowboys as a kid that lasted 20 years, I would have left years ago.

Jerry is anathema to me. Be gone with you punk, you make me sick.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
99 passer rating. 67 completion percent. 2-to-1 TD to INT ratio. That was Dak's night as a passer. Despite bad line play, bad coaching, bad playcalling, and bad/new receivers.

The people acting like this is an unacceptable rock bottom are being silly. The reality is that this isn't that bad for a guy being undermined in all directions.

Frederick will be back. Cooper and Connor Williams and Gallup will all benefit from a full offseason with us before being ready to play better for us in 2019. And we'll actually be prepared to treat the TE position as a priority this offseason after foolishly getting caught unprepared for Witten's departure last spring.

So we ought to almost automatically be better at WR, TE, and along the O-line next year. And, unless we willfully refuse to make the easily achievable upgrades in the coaching area, we'll have a new offensive coordinator to freshen up the offensive schemes too (if not an entirely new coaching staff) and get us back to making use of Elliott and dictating the game.

I think Dak will be fine. In the short term, I don't see any realistic/affordable (and young enough to have a future) option available to us who will legitimately beat out Prescott in 2019. In the long term, I'm not opposed to drafting another QB who might be better down the road... but without a 1st rounder, that's obviously not realistic in 2019 either.

The best I can honestly hope for for 2019 is an improved QB Coach and offensive coordinator, paired with improved o-line play and improved talent/play at WR and TE. Those improvement should all be easy to achieve and they should bring Dak's level of play closer to his ceiling than to his floor. I wouldn't mind a savvy, experienced veteran backup QB to add to the QB room (someone who has enough experience for Dak to be able to learn from them by picking their brain), but I wouldn't be surprised if we were unwilling to devote good money to the backup QB position, given how little we value the backup QB spots.

I don't want my franchise QB to need a perfect team in order to look like a competent player. There has to be better out there, go find it.