I am eating crow

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
When I was in denial about Dak, Garret, Linehan, and Moore, I had this stupid little gin soaked grin. Now, just of the pain of dejected fandom. Time for some Crown...:muttley:

Geez I can see having hope for dak but having hope for dak, Garrett, linehan and moore!?!

Even when I was rooting for dak I couldnt stand the other 3 lol.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hopefully he listens to his coach
Dak will be here next year anyway
Let the guy you hire have a shot at him and see what happens
I’m not convinced he is the future but since we have no one else it’s work giving a new guy a shot at getting him to progress as a player
Could be what they do. Gotta help him get over the yips and improve his anticipation/execution.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Don't worry about it. I was wrong too. I was willing to give him his third year but the guy is still mediocre and that's putting it mildly. We're never going to compete for a SB with Dak as our QB. He's a good guy but that's not going to win us any games. I guess Jerry will be the last one to see the truth.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Crow isn't too bad if marinated properly. I had the Henson and Stoerner crow a few years back.
I felt that! And every player can look good on paper. Mark Twain said it best, "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don't worry about it. I was wrong too. I was willing to give him his third year but the guy is still mediocre and that's putting it mildly. We're never going to compete for a SB with Dak as our QB. He's a good guy but that's not going to win us any games. I guess Jerry will be the last one to see the truth.
Maybe, but not in time!

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Not saying the OP is wrong, but at this point, all I know about Dak is he’s not a magic quarterback like Romo. Getting this team under Garrett to 8-8 was a Herculean feat all those years.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
i take no joy in seeing this happen. i don't think many do because it hurts to see the entire org/team suffer. dak lit it up in his rookie year but my own questions of "when" his play would catch up with him unfortunately have now been answered. no one seems to rally around him and the team, much like me, just seems to be going through the motions.
I think the team recognizes how bad he really is. That's why they drop hints here and there. He has lost this team. He can't continue to be the leader because he can't right his wrongs and continues to make bad mistakes and display an inability to see the field and pull the trigger on a consistent basis.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Still premature.

While Dak may not seem like the answer, he surely isn't the sole problem. We may never get to know what Dak may become in Dallas because we have bozos developing him.

Let these bozos develop the next Dallas QB (Tua or whoever else) and watch that next QB suffer the same fate Dak, Romo, and 7 other QBs have suffered over the years.

:popcorn:

It's going to take a helluva lot coaching to break dak from his flaws. I mean some QB's just have to have it, dak doesnt.

Josh Rosen even on a crappy team has it. He only needs some coaching here and there. Dak doesnt have it. He can't meet you half way like a Rosen etc.

Dak needs a boatload of coaching and I dont think it will be worth it long term.

That QB from SF Mullen? He has it, he can throw the ball. He can throw WR's open in his first NFL start.

Even when Certain QB's struggle they still show those natural "QBish" ways.

I cant say the same for Dak. Dak looks more like a power back or TE trying to play QB with no QBish ways.

Last edited:

Elusive6thRing

Reaction score
It's really all about expectations.

Dak was a 4th round pick and came in with none, was expected to be a backup at best. Romo gets hurt they have no choice but to give him a chance, and he shines. So he played like a 1st round QB and that's what everyone expected going forward. But he was never that guy, he always was and always will be a 4th round pick .

Before someone says Tom Brady, the odds of the GOAT being a 6th round pick are just ridiculously low.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's going to take a helluva lot coaching to break dak from his flaws. I mean some QB's just have to have it, dak doesnt.

Josh Rosen even on a crappy team has it. He only needs some coaching here and there. Dak doesnt have it. He can't meet you half way like a Rosen etc.

Dak needs a boatload of coaching and I dont think it will be worth it long term.

That QB from SF Mullen? He has it, he can throw the ball. He can throw WR's open in he first NFL start.

Even when Certain QB's struggle they still show those natural "QBish" ways.

I cant say the same for Dak. Dak looks more like a power back or TE trying to play QB with no QBish ways.
Just doesn't have the instincts. Gotta make the throws when it's time, not pull up and forget what is going on in the pocket.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
I will admit I was wrong about dak. I was a big supporter mainly because of his abilities shown in 2016.

I thought he would get over the slump and show those abilities again but he hasnt. I dont know what happen but he is now broken beyond repair.

I was wrong and alot of you were right.

I just dont know where this team goes from here.

A stubborn owner, long term bad coaching, years of emotionally invested into bad players.

I had high Hopes for this season and was looking forward to good football.

As a fan I am exhausted.

You're not eating crow. You were optimistic and hoping for the best. As a fan, that's an admirable quality.

You are not eating crow. You are just slowly, gently embracing reality. I feel you pain. We all do.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
I will admit I was wrong about dak. I was a big supporter mainly because of his abilities shown in 2016.

I thought he would get over the slump and show those abilities again but he hasnt. I dont know what happen but he is now broken beyond repair.

I was wrong and alot of you were right.

I just dont know where this team goes from here.

A stubborn owner, long term bad coaching, years of emotionally invested into bad players.

I had high Hopes for this season and was looking forward to good football.

As a fan I am exhausted.
<fist bump>

And

< man hug> like the macho type hugs

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Just doesn't have the instincts. Gotta make the throws when it's time, not pull up and forget what is going on in the pocket.

Dak doesnt make the throws in certain situations because he doesnt trust himself or his arm.

I dont know if you remember the play, but Mariota threw a pass last night to that blaten guy or whatever his name I triple coverage but it had the most insane timing.

Just skip to 3:42

That it QBish and trust. Dak couldnt make that throw on his best day.

In daks mind that is well covered or an int. Coaching won't work. We need to move on.