I am eating crow

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak doesnt make the throws in certain situations because he doesnt trust himself or his arm.

I dont know if you remember the play, but Mariota threw a pass last night to that blaten guy or whatever his name I triple coverage but it had the most insane timing.

Just skip to 3:42

That it QBish and trust. Dak could make that throw on his best day.

In daks mind that is well covered or an int. Coaching won't work. We need to move on.

He stepped up after some early game mistakes and started making insane throws with immaculate timing.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I will admit I was wrong about dak. I was a big supporter mainly because of his abilities shown in 2016.

I thought he would get over the slump and show those abilities again but he hasnt. I dont know what happen but he is now broken beyond repair.

I was wrong and alot of you were right.

I just dont know where this team goes from here.

A stubborn owner, long term bad coaching, years of emotionally invested into bad players.

I had high Hopes for this season and was looking forward to good football.

As a fan I am exhausted.
Maybe the front office will follow your lead, and admit they were wrong......

....Nahhhh

camaro69

Benched
Reaction score
I am on the fence with Dak, I would like to see him with a innovative OC that uses his strengths before I leave the train completely, but I have one foot off.
That would be great if- Said coaches system doesn't require, Accuracy, Reading Defenses, Awareness, Anticipation. All the thing most NFL QB have that Dak Doesn't and maybe he's innovative enough to make Jerry and Steven disappear

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I will admit I was wrong about dak. I was a big supporter mainly because of his abilities shown in 2016.

I thought he would get over the slump and show those abilities again but he hasnt. I dont know what happen but he is now broken beyond repair.

A stubborn owner, long term bad coaching, years of emotionally invested into bad players.

As a fan I am exhausted.
I would love to what dak would look like with different coaching

Blackrain

Reaction score
i'll be hunting ducks tomorrow morning. the cowboys will all have been forgotten. cold front moving in tonight. they're already coming in to the lake.
Been hunting Pheasants in the Pocono mountains and getting my limit every time out at the game lands The dogs are spot on . Did the youth hunt our club sponsors in Jersey with my daughters and we got 5 birds . Flushed 5 grouse in a half hour last Thursday and got 0 but there is still a lot of foliage on . The RUT is on pretty good here in PA and I have seen a couple nice bucks.

The hunting has been great but these Cowboys are trying my last nerve, just trying to put it behind me . Roger and Tom spoiled me with there consistency and reliability . They were like my big Chocolate Lab and a Model 12 Winchester winners

Batman1980

Reaction score
He has a bad coach

I mean you cant learn karate if your instructor is 450 pounds and never lifted his leg a day in his life

It's not just that. The guy doesn't have the tools necessary to be a franchise quarterback in the NFL. With the right coaching staff he could become closer to bottom third but why bother? Bench him and see if another QB can revitalize this stagnant offense. Just imagine a Kirk Cousins or Carson Wentz with this offense.

jnday

Reaction score
Didn't Dak have a pretty good coach in College?
Living in Mississippi, I saw daily coverage of Dak. What you see now is the same QB that he was in college and high school. I thought that I was wrong about Dak after his rookie season because he had never played like that before. I was right after all. I take no pleasure in it, but predicted that his faults would would keep him from being a starter quality QB. He had the same problems in college, but he was able to run more to cover up his faults. He was inaccurate and held the ball too long while he was in college. There was a legit reason why he was a fourth round pick and to be honest, I hated the pick from day one because I knew that he brought nothing to the Cowboys in terms of talent.

conner01

Reaction score
Could be what they do. Gotta help him get over the yips and improve his anticipation/execution.
He’s gonna be the QB next year
I’d give him every chance to get better
That starts with a 21st century scheme
When I can sit on my couch and call run or pass you scheme is not working
It’s crazy that we don’t have loads of play action passes, and every once in awhile you have to pass on first down
The scheme doesn’t do Dak, Zeke or the oline any favors when it’s so predictable

conner01

Reaction score
Living in Mississippi, I saw daily coverage of Dak. What you see now is the same QB that he was in college and high school. I thought that I was wrong about Dak after his rookie season because he had never played like that before. I was right after all. I take no pleasure in it, but predicted that his faults would would keep him from being a starter quality QB. He had the same problems in college, but he was able to run more to cover up his faults. He was inaccurate and held the ball too long while he was in college. There was a legit reason why he was a fourth round pick and to be honest, I hated the pick from day one because I knew that he brought nothing to the Cowboys in terms of talent.
Sadly I think you are right
He is what he is

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

As a fan I am exhausted.

pass the word. EVERYBODY sign off here Dec. 1 for 24 hours as a sign of disgust with the Jones era.

ryanbabs

Reaction score
One of the things that tells me something’s not right upstairs is how he continuously rolls out of the pocket and runs out of bounds 2-3 yards behind the line of scrimmage instead of easily throwing the ball away. This is just stupid football and he is supposed to be the leader.