I am sick of one side officiating

aria

Reaction score
Okay, Okay. The last two seasons have been more like Salvador Dali anyway.
Second favorite, actually just saw a few of his smaller paintings at an exhibit in Dallas but I’ll allow this one :)

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
How rich is this, lol?

You're asking indignantly how you're to be expected to prove personal bias (as if that's unreasonable), yet you're the one accussing refs of having agenda/bias.

#comedy
I’m waiting for you to explain to me, since you’re very smart, how I could possibly prove what ref’s feelings are.

(As if that’s unreasonable)(as you said)

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Ain't it though? You called it. "I have a conspiracy theory. You disagree but go ahead and prove it for me." Lol.
You love the word conspiracy theory because of the obvious connotations that go along with the word.

I don’t contend there is a conspiracy. Rather, a bias. Either subconscious or concious.

I any case that’s a theory as is a conspiracy theory.

Are you saying that a theory can’t be proposed unless you’re fully ready and able to prove it to be true?

Very simple question. Let’s see how you do.

(Hint-you’ll do poorly and likely answer with another question or make a poor attempt at humor)

aria

Reaction score
BTW, this is the link showing the Cowboys had the fewest penalties in the league called against their opponents -

http://www.nflpenalties.com/search/...f7dc14566e55f06ca6c9f72c&page=team&view=total
I never disputed that but if it wasn’t the Cowboys it would be some other team. Who is it this year? What about the year before last? Does the NFL hate those teams as well?

So again, you think Goodell somehow (monetarily or otherwise) talked with each official up until his contract extension to make sure no holding calls were called against the opposing team. In the meantime, he also told them to make it not look as obvious by only penalizing the Cowboys and to find some obscure rule to call against the Cowboys when it mattered most? What does the timing of his extension have to do with the lack of non calls stopping at the same time?

You also still haven’t addressed the multitude of bad calls that have effected other teams. You did say that the NFL likes to keep games close but that would also be acknowledging that it’s league wide and not just the Cowboys.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
well maybe you can get a pee wee job as an official and in 20 or 30 years you can make it to the junior college level, where you can make a difference. :)

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Everyone is always complaining about our coaches, and how they never have our team prepared......until the officials can be blamed.

Yeah, sometimes they make ridiculous calls, and it pisses me off too....but to think it's intentional smacks of a desperate need to place blame on anyone but the team.

Kaiser

Reaction score
You also still haven’t addressed the multitude of bad calls that have effected other teams. You did say that the NFL likes to keep games close but that would also be acknowledging that it’s league wide and not just the Cowboys.

I thought I was addressing that, IMO they do this to all teams to keep scores close and maximize the amount of money coming in. But I do think there are "teacher's pets" like the Patriots getting away with the early cheating scandals under Belichick. Also if you watched the 2006 Super Bowl, there were a number of ridiculous calls that went against the Seahawks and for the Steelers, who seemed to be a favored team (or were back then).

I don't think Dallas is "picked on" but I do think the timing of Jerry taking money away from Goodell and the holding calls last year wasn't a cooincidence.

aria

Reaction score
I thought I was addressing that, IMO they do this to all teams to keep scores close and maximize the amount of money coming in. But I do think there are "teacher's pets" like the Patriots getting away with the early cheating scandals under Belichick. Also if you watched the 2006 Super Bowl, there were a number of ridiculous calls that went against the Seahawks and for the Steelers, who seemed to be a favored team (or were back then).

I don't think Dallas is "picked on" but I do think the timing of Jerry taking money away from Goodell and the holding calls last year wasn't a cooincidence.
Well, I still disagree for the most part but at least we can agree it’s not just the Cowboys, that’s the argument I get sick of hearing. If we talk league wide inconsistencies then we obviously agree on that.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Blah, blah, blah, Loch Ness Monster hunter. Divert all you want but even after reading (and understanding) that nonsense, none of that crap is what I asked for. Here's what you're conveniently not addressing (I wonder why). Let's recap:

You stated:

So I asked you directly:

So does backup exist for your statement or are you just a boldface liar? You claimed percy had numbers for this then retrieved crap that was nothing like what I asked. So for the second time, is this actually true or did you lie to make your case more compelling?

Reasonable people might actually be intrigued by what you CONSPIRACY! theorists have to say but when y'all present slanted evidence then run when corrected, or just flat out lie like you're doing here, it makes you look even loonier than the rest of us know you to be. Then again, the emotional, kneejerk people are with you so perhaps there's validation in that for you. Knock psychology all you want, but y'all continue to do exactly as I said you'd do even after I've said you'd do it. Ignore all the things that discredit your case and just keep pounding on the drum as you had been as if it didn't exist.
Says the person who consistently won’t answer questions. Smart though, because they will prove you wrong and you can’t take that. Even as an anonymous guy on the internet.

It’s hard to feel sorry for you because you seem so unlikeable.

I have a theory that you’re not well liked. Am I not allowed to have that theory? Or is there enough evidence here that it would be nearly impossible to like you to make that a worthy theory? What’s your opinion?

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I’m waiting for you to explain to me, since you’re very smart, how I could possibly prove what ref’s feelings are.

(As if that’s unreasonable)(as you said)

Gladly.

Just as soon as you explain to everyone how it is you believe in the concerted ref bias (against the Cowboys) without admittedly no hard evidence to base that belief on.

You're making the claim. Not me.

It's not my responsibility to disprove or explain away the basis of your paranoia.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
You love the word conspiracy theory because of the obvious connotations that go along with the word.

I don’t contend there is a conspiracy. Rather, a bias. Either subconscious or concious.

I any case that’s a theory as is a conspiracy theory.

Are you saying that a theory can’t be proposed unless you’re fully ready and able to prove it to be true?

Very simple question. Let’s see how you do.

(Hint-you’ll do poorly and likely answer with another question or make a poor attempt at humor)

I won't LIE. That's for sure. LOL.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Gladly.

Just as soon as you explain to everyone how it is you believe in the concerted ref bias (against the Cowboys) without admittedly no hard evidence to base that belief on.

You're making the claim. Not me.

It's not my responsibility to disprove or explain away the basis of your paranoia.
Everyone, can I have your attention please?

Thank you,

I feel that way about refs because of the rarity of the no holds for 10 games despite having, arguably, the best pass rusher in the league at the time, the extreme rarity of the illegal substitution penalty(only one other time since 1984 was it called), the tackle hold right in front of the ref on the game winning throw in that same game, the rare illegal procedure penalty on our veteran long snapper that may have been the difference in the game, and the inconsistency, to say the least, in the Dez catch explanation and subsequent multiple rule changes about the catch.

Now while this isn’t hard evidence I believe it is compelling and reasonable enough to promote a discussion.

Thank you all for your cooperation. Continue with your normal actively.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I won't LIE. That's for sure. LOL.
Waiting for your answer. Or is it too hard for you? It really hurts your pride(internet pride no less) to not answer?
Don’t you see not answering is admission as well?

Just answer my question. Now.

Waiting. As was the case in the other threads...

Don Corleone

Reaction score
One point to keep in mind is that the NFL does have a vested interest in keeping games as close as possible. Ad revenue is critical and viewers need to stay tuned to the game. I do believe some calls are strategically made for drama and for shaping the outcome of games.

Dre11

Reaction score
Is that even possible? How is one called for being offsides after the ball is snapped? By definition, you come across the line before the ball is snapped unless the ball moves without being snapped.

He didnt jump when the ball was moved, jump as the ball was being snap. Meaning he delayed going across .

IceBowler

Reaction score
It was....but they probably wouldn't have called it, had the Commanders not pointed it out to them. Kudos to the Commanders. Wish JG would tell the officials to watch for pick plays.

What is sorry is that this is something Ladoceur does every time he snaps the ball and has done so for 14 seasons. It is something that every long snapper in the game does ... period.

Now, whether or not it a conspiracy against Dallas, I don't know. I do know Goddell doesn't like Jerry for his opposition to Goddell's contract extension. I also believe that played very much into Zeke's suspension last year.

But this crap with the long snap was bush league. That's like calling a pitcher for a balk move when it's been part of his natural motion for 14 seasons. It doesn't happen in baseball - but than again, there's an element of class in baseball.