I am sick of one side officiating

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

NFL fires referee Hugo Cruz for poor officiating over a sustained period. On the provided tweet he completely misses the blatantly obvious false start by Okung.

The is this speaks to two things related to Cowboy fan conspiracy theorist:

1. Missed calls happen all around the league. Cowboy conpiracists only think it happens to us.

2. Hugo Cruz was a bad ref that made poor calls (or didn't properly penalize when there was an infraction). Cowboy conspiracists don't inact Occam's Razor...that the very nature of refereeing is subjectively making judgement calls based on what you see (or don't see) and understand (i.e. the rulebook). As such, that makes them susceptible to bad or missed calls. Instead conspiracists go straight to claims of coordinated conspiring and unsubstantiated claims of personal bias.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Fantastic. Are you done?
:lmao: ,,,you gotta admit, it was a pretty open& honest ,laid bare insight into that posters persona,,,
Regardless of to whom it's direction was being aimed at ,ya know? @aria :)

:starspin::star::starspin:

Melonfeud

Reaction score
are you new to the internet? When was the last time anyone ever admitted he/she/zhe/zher was wrong?
Hold on there,I've seen plenty of fellow members openly admit to inadvertently putting out wrong info due to some reason or an other & when after being corrected,rendering honest & humbled Thank-you's in being lined out in the facts,,,

*el numero uno,,por aqui*

Melonfeud

Reaction score
First of all, I do complain about the refs, they suck. Not just against us, but far too often they call silly penalties at important junctures that really favor one team over another. For instance, it is convenient that in desperate moments, GB seems to get a favorable flag. Of course, in the Minn game, the opposite happened, they got screwed by a bogus roughing the passer call that took away a victory.

Second, the Dallas offense is pathetic. They are too off and on. They really hurt our chances of winning any road game. Thankfully we have a very good defense, especially in the red zone. Heck, the only TD the D gave up, their was a huge clip not called. They bend, but rarely break.

Third, you are a disrespectful individual. Telling other posters to shut up and throwing out insults like a typical child. Then, you go to the old internet tough guy line. Classicly lame. I did not insult you, call you names, or try to censor your opinion. I am actually a very respectful poster, you on the other hand are not. I don't care if you dislike or disagree with my opinion, but istead of insults, maybe try a civil discourse. Maybe give counter opinions, so we can have a grown up conversation. Afterall most of us are fans of the Cowboys.
Right-0n,Bro!,,,man,the myriad of NON-FLAGGED holding calls in the N.E. TOM BRADY'S win over K.C. is about as favorable blantant as the biased flagged ones on the #91's field goal snap or the substitution one last year on #19,,,or the #88's NO CATCH rulingo_O

nathanlt

Reaction score
If that happened to us the tears would still be flowing.

No, I for one, don't lament good officiating. At least they eventually got the call right. Even if it hurts Dallas, I appreciate good officiating. Obscure and uneven rule enforcement at critical moments in the game are far too frequent, especially against Dallas.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
No, I for one, don't lament good officiating. At least they eventually got the call right. Even if it hurts Dallas, I appreciate good officiating. Obscure and uneven rule enforcement at critical moments in the game are far too frequent, especially against Dallas.

So do you watch all the games of each NFL religiously, with the same level of critical interest, week-in and week-out, for all 16 games (and playoffs) as you do the Cowboys?

(This is a test of intellectual honesty).

nathanlt

Reaction score
So do you watch all the games of each NFL religiously, with the same level of critical interest, week-in and week-out, for all 16 games (and playoffs) as you do the Cowboys?

I only care about the Cowboys, don't have a lot of time on my hands to watch all the other games. I expect officiating calls to be something other than boneheaded stupidity. If that's biased, then I'm biased.

A catch is very recognizable it's not hard to make a mistake on that. Unless you've been trained to overthink what a catch is.
Offsides is an easy call, and the reliable measured movements of a technician at long snapper should not warrant an overreaction like in the Commanders game.
Holding calls are very subjective, so unless there is a massive imbalance of distribution of offensive holding calls, (Green Bay Packers) interpretation leaves some room for uneven enforcement.
Pass interference is heavily dependent on both defender and receiver looking at the inbound pass. Still some room for uneven enforcement, typically against the defense.

Consistency of penalties is the biggest area of future improvement. A simplistic rule book helps to keep things straight!

Melonfeud

Reaction score

:lmao:,,,you know that answer will be a resounding NO!,,,being a FAN grants extra exceptional powers of observation:lmao:

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
So answer the question then. If you think it's rigged then why are you watching?

Wait...

You do know pro wrestling is fake, right?
Never said it was ''''rigged" now did I?

No idea on wrestling...... not stupid enough to watch it .Ever .

You obviously knew tho.......so there's that .

MarcusRock

Reaction score
So you are reviewing the holding call data from last season, huh?

Where is it? You put out a bat signal for data you say exists but I haven't seen it. The burden of supporting any CONSPIRACY! theory with data would be on the accusers of such, right? Where's the support?

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Reality is that the pass hit Hitchens in the back and the TE was moving into him, not vice versa. Saying you are wrong to call it PI isn't a conspiracy.

... and the jersey pull by Hitchens?

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Thanks. I see Pettigrew putting his hand on Hitchens facemask trying to separate(holding/offensive PI) and I see the poorly thrown ball hit Hitchens in the back. Hitchens did NOT run through the TE, but had the TE stopped he would've ran through him for PI.

If anything the missed penalty by the TE caused Hitchens to almost commit PI for trying to recover. I'm done talking about this because you won't see it another way and will be to quick to scream conspiracy theorists as you always do. The refs made the right call, regardless of what was initially called before being corrected.

You didn't address the hold by Hitchens. That was also in my post.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
From the gif I quoted? Pettigrew initiated contact...

No, he's talking about this that was in the same thread on the same page a few posts before the video. The holding he addressed and then I addressed in my post that you "missed."

j75wyccb617hv1m6g.jpg

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Where is it? You put out a bat signal for data you say exists but I haven't seen it. The burden of supporting any CONSPIRACY! theory with data would be on the accusers of such, right? Where's the support?

Exactly.

Extraordinary proof is required for extraordinary claims.

I remember one flustered poster once told me "prove there isn't a conspiracy!!!"

MarcusRock

Reaction score

NFL fires referee Hugo Cruz for poor officiating over a sustained period. On the provided tweet he completely misses the blatantly obvious false start by Okung.

The is this speaks to two things related to Cowboy fan conspiracy theorist:

1. Missed calls happen all around the league. Cowboy conpiracists only think it happens to us.

2. Hugo Cruz was a bad ref that made poor calls (or didn't properly penalize when there was an infraction). Cowboy conspiracists don't inact Occam's Razor...that the very nature of refereeing is subjectively making judgement calls based on what you see (or don't see) and understand (i.e. the rulebook). As such, that makes them susceptible to bad or missed calls. Instead conspiracists go straight to claims of coordinated conspiring and unsubstantiated claims of personal bias.

Wait, did this official do any Cowboys games?

Week 1: Chicago Bears at Green Bay Packers
Week 2: Oakland Raiders at Denver Broncos
Week 3: San Francisco 49ers at Kansas City Chiefs
Week 5: Washington Commanders at New Orleans Saints
Week 6: Los Angeles Chargers at Cleveland Browns

Gee, he didn't. Guess he was just a poor official and not actually on John Mara's payroll to screw the Cowboys incessantly when he got the chance.

InTheZone

Reaction score
You didn't address the hold by Hitchens. That was also in my post.

I'm not keeping track of multiple posts like I'm supposed to go back and read possibly every argument. The hold you mentioned I asked about because you provided a GIF, with no hold. You have some other armchair ref directing me to posts I missed so I'm linking this video because there was contact by both Hitchens and Pettigrew within a few yards, that usually never gets called on either party(Patrick Peterson has made a career from holding within 5 yards). Let's show the whole play instead of snapshotting a single instance that says, "See, don't you see!".

Again, there's no changing your opinion, it is what it is.