I Asked This Last January

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
superpunk said:
Enjoy the view on top of that high horse. If he's celebrating like that, it means we're winning. I can't help but be thrilled about that. Heck, I got chills when the stadium erupted for him in a stupid preseason game that I watched on replay.

I guess I'm just shallow that way.
I must be right there with you buddy.
me-wading-pool.jpg

Doomsday101

Reaction score
superpunk said:
Enjoy the view on top of that high horse. If he's celebrating like that, it means we're winning. I can't help but be thrilled about that. Heck, I got chills when the stadium erupted for him in a stupid preseason game that I watched on replay.

I guess I'm just shallow that way.

If showing class is being on your high horse then so be it, I don't think acting like a fool and costing your team yards is a smart thing to do and I can promise you BP will get hacked off if TO is drawing dumb penalties. I have no issue with players celebrating but damn it they know the rules and they know that the NFL is going to be watching it. I love it as well when the fans are excited and when we hit big plays and score points but don't turn around and hurt your team afterwards. If he wants to do an Irish jig in the end zone fine, if he wants to kiss the star in the end zone cool just don't cost the team with stupid stunts

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
If showing class is being on your high horse then so be it, I don't think acting like a fool and costing your team yards is a smart thing to do and I can promise you BP will get hacked off if TO is drawing dumb penalties. I have no issue with players celebrating but damn it they know the rules and they know that the NFL is going to be watching it. I love it as well when the fans are excited and when we hit big plays and score points but don't turn around and hurt your team afterwards. If he wants to do an Irish jig in the end zone fine, if he wants to kiss the star in the end zone cool just don't cost the team with stupid stunts
Actually, BP was asked about his reaction and he looked like he was pretty much expecting it.

superpunk

Reaction score
theogt said:
I must be right there with you buddy.
me-wading-pool.jpg

Did you get a little chill when he simply stepped out on the field? I don't like him at all. I didn't want chills. But there they were.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
theogt said:
Actually, BP was asked about his reaction and he looked like he was pretty much expecting it.

Expecting it and approving of it are 2 different things and BP is on record many times in his career about excessive celebrations. I'm sorry I think guys can celebrate without costing your team in the process. I really don't see what is so hard to understand about that.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
superpunk said:
Did you get a little chill when he simply stepped out on the field? I don't like him at all. I didn't want chills. But there they were.
Unfortunately I wasn't able to watch it live. When I watched it I was "breaking down the tape" so I was just watching the plays and notice him on the field. I went back and watched it as it played out in real time, but by then it had lost the effect.

superpunk

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:

The penalty would be an unfortunate byproduct. I already mentioned that. But I can't deny the initial excitement.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
Expecting it and approving of it are 2 different things and BP is on record many times in his career about excessive celebrations. I'm sorry I think guys can celebrate without costing your team in the process. I really don't see what is so hard to understand about that.
I wish I had that press conference on file. By "expecting it" I meant that he looked like he was expecting it and wasn't going to be upset by it. Jerry Jones *WANTS* Terrell to do the midfield celebration. Most fans want him to do it. It's going to happen.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
superpunk said:

In the Minn game when he stepped out and the stadium got loud I was glad to see that. Believe it or not I really want this to work out for him and the Cowboys but it is not going to work out if he can't change certain behavior that has killed him at SF and Philly. This is a new start for him and I would hope he could embarrass that and take advantage of it. It really is in his power to change the perception that has dogged him.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
theogt said:
I wish I had that press conference on file. By "expecting it" I meant that he looked like he was expecting it and wasn't going to be upset by it.

Parcells will always get upset by penalties. Expecting TO to celebrate is one thing having TO run out to mid-field and draw a clear cut foul I doubt BP is expecting that or wanting to see that.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
Parcells will always get upset by penalties. Expecting TO to celebrate is one thing having TO run out to mid-field and draw a clear cut foul I doubt BP is expecting that or wanting to see that.
If I recall correctly, the guy almost had a smile on his face. He knows it's going to happen. He almost had a "if it costs us 15 yards, that's ok" type of attitude.

Stautner

Reaction score
TwoDeep3 said:
What will you do if T.O. becomes a Cowboy, scores a 65-yard TD, then runs to the Star and kneals down, ala Emmitt Smith.

The majority of answers I got were negative.

He won't be a Cowboy.

I will still hate him.

Jerry would never sign him because of the Star incident.

So I am asking now. First home game.

T.O. runs a slant and Bledsoe nails him with the ball, just like Irvin and Aikman.

T.O. takes it 65-yards for the score.

He goes to the Star and kneals down- ala Emmitt - and shows respect for the team, instead of dance.

What say you now, Zoners?

I think I will begin to set my expectations very high for this team.

It would cost us a 15 yard penalty, which I'm sure TO knows wont be tolerated, so I can't see it happening.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Stautner said:
It would cost us a 15 yard penalty, which I'm sure TO knows wont be tolerated, so I can't see it happening.
See the last two pages of this thread.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Stupid is, as stupid does...

If T.O. scores and runs to the middle Star and draws a penalty, well, that is just plain stupid! And, the posters that are wishing or hoping he does it are in the same category, period! This is a professional football game, not a circus, or a T.O. show!

It's amazing how some actually want T.O. to do something stupid! Most likely they are the same ones that got pissed when T.O. did it when he was a 49er...yet, now it would be soooo cooooollllllll!????

If T.O. were to celebrate a TD at midfield, draw a penalty, and basically act like he is above the team...he will drop further and further down in his bid to "become a better teammate"....period!

This is the Dallas Cowboys...not the T.O. Boys!!

Stupid is, as stupid does....

:star:

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
5Stars said:

If T.O. scores and runs to the middle Star and draws a penalty, well, that is just plain stupid! And, the posters that are wishing or hoping he does it are in the same category, period! This is a professional football game, not a circus, or a T.O. show!

It's amazing how some actually want T.O. to do something stupid! Most likely they are the same ones that got pissed when T.O. did it when he was a 49er...yet, now it would be soooo cooooollllllll!????

If T.O. were to celebrate a TD at midfield, draw a penalty, and basically act like he is above the team...he will drop further and further down in his bid to "become a better teammate"....period!

Last time I checked, football was a game. This is entertainment.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
TwoDeep3 said:
What will you do if T.O. becomes a Cowboy, scores a 65-yard TD, then runs to the Star and kneals down, ala Emmitt Smith.

The majority of answers I got were negative.

He won't be a Cowboy.

I will still hate him.

Jerry would never sign him because of the Star incident.

So I am asking now. First home game.

T.O. runs a slant and Bledsoe nails him with the ball, just like Irvin and Aikman.

T.O. takes it 65-yards for the score.

He goes to the Star and kneals down- ala Emmitt - and shows respect for the team, instead of dance.

What say you now, Zoners?

I think I will begin to set my expectations very high for this team.

Run to fridge. Grab a beer. Chug.

Repeat as necessary.

I have my expectations set lower. I question if this will last the entire season or not. I even question if we are going to be a playoff team.

I hope I am drastically wrong......

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
theogt said:
Last time I checked, football was a game. This is entertainment.

And, what is the purpose of a game?

TO WIN!! Not to be some dumb man child and cost his team! What if on the insuing kickoff the recieving team takes the ball to the house because of good field position? Is that going to "entertain" you? If you want entertainment, go to a strip club.

Now, I know football is exciting and sort of entertainment, but, it is not a circus or a T.O. Sideshow....so, if you are someone that wants him to act a clown and potentially lose a game because of "being stupid" and letting down his team...then you better "check" again...because the last time you "checked" was wrong! :rolleyes:

It's time for T.O. to grow up!!

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
5Stars said:

OK 5 Stars, here's the scenario I'm envisioning...

Week 2, Sunday Night Football, at home vs. Washington on National Television.... Shawn Springs is going to miss that game. TO may score more than one TD. In the 4th quarter we are on the positive end of a 28-7 score, TO has already scored once. He hits a seam and takes it to the house on Carlos Rogers. 34-7, complete reversal of our blowout loss last year... TO takes the ball to the Star and does his thing. The stadium will erupt. For me it would be hard not to be reveling in that moment. Revenge against Washington and signalling that the Cowboys are back.

Penalty or not, the game is out of reach. I'd love it.

superpunk

Reaction score
peplaw06 said:
OK 5 Stars, here's the scenario I'm envisioning...

Week 2, Sunday Night Football, at home vs. Washington on National Television.... Shawn Springs is going to miss that game. TO may score more than one TD. In the 4th quarter we are on the positive end of a 28-7 score, TO has already scored once. He hits a seam and takes it to the house on Carlos Rogers. 34-7, complete reversal of our blowout loss last year... TO takes the ball to the Star and does his thing. The stadium will erupt. For me it would be hard not to be reveling in that moment. Revenge against Washington and signalling that the Cowboys are back.

Penalty or not, the game is out of reach. I'd love it.

Seriously, I'm at about half-mast here.