I Asked This Last January

Doomsday101

Reaction score
theogt said:
Last time I checked, football was a game. This is entertainment.

The game itself is the entertainment part always has been. Acting like a fool and cost your team is not part of the game and not very entertaining it is just stupid.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
peplaw06 said:
OK 5 Stars, here's the scenario I'm envisioning...

Week 2, Sunday Night Football, at home vs. Washington on National Television.... Shawn Springs is going to miss that game. TO may score more than one TD. In the 4th quarter we are on the positive end of a 28-7 score, TO has already scored once. He hits a seam and takes it to the house on Carlos Rogers. 34-7, complete reversal of our blowout loss last year... TO takes the ball to the Star and does his thing. The stadium will erupt. For me it would be hard not to be reveling in that moment. Revenge against Washington and signalling that the Cowboys are back.

Penalty or not, the game is out of reach. I'd love it.

And what if the crowd boos? Last thing TO needs to do is continue down the path that has cost him his spot with 2 different clubs. I can believe TO is that big of a moron but to see some fans encouraging that same behavior we felt was uncalled for in the past is just down right dumb.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
And what if the crowd boos? Last thing TO needs to do is continue down the path that has cost him his spot with 2 different clubs. I can believe TO is that big of a moron but to see some fans encouraging that same behavior we felt was uncalled for in the past is just down right dumb.

The crowd's not gonna boo. Well some of them will boo, but they will be drowned out by the overwhelming majority's cheering. I bet you most fans in the house that night won't even remember the first celebration. A lot of people wanted to forget those years, we were dreadful.

Did you hear the ovation for him when he came in the preseason game and caught one pass?? If they were gonna boo him, they would have done it then.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
peplaw06 said:
The crowd's not gonna boo. Well some of them will boo, but they will be drowned out by the overwhelming majority's cheering. I bet you most fans in the house that night won't even remember the first celebration. A lot of people wanted to forget those years, we were dreadful.

Did you hear the ovation for him when he came in the preseason game and caught one pass?? If they were gonna boo him, they would have done it then.

Yes I heard the crowd and like them I was glad to see him out on the field and there was no reason to boo him but run out to mid field and cost us 15 and yes there will be many in the crowd who will not be cheering that. As for this ideal of him running out to mid-field (Which I hope he does not do) is still total lack of class and I would like to think at least some of our fans still have pride and class when it comes to this team and there is nothing classy about a guy running out to mid-field and costing his team. If you recall that stunt cost TO a fine and a game suspention from the 49ers all the BS people talk about the 9ers their organization still did the right thing by standing up and saying this would not be tolerated. It is that messed up additude that got him ran out of 2 other places I sure as heck hope he has learned something from his past.

Hoov

Reaction score
5Stars said:
And, what is the purpose of a game?

TO WIN!! Not to be some dumb man child and cost his team! What if on the insuing kickoff the recieving team takes the ball to the house because of good field position? Is that going to "entertain" you? If you want entertainment, go to a strip club.

Now, I know football is exciting and sort of entertainment, but, it is not a circus or a T.O. Sideshow....so, if you are someone that wants him to act a clown and potentially lose a game because of "being stupid" and letting down his team...then you better "check" again...because the last time you "checked" was wrong! :rolleyes:

It's time for T.O. to grow up!!

:star:
or i could just read your posts. you get upset way too easily, its not too hard for someone to push your buttons is it.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
peplaw06 said:
Maybe I'm too forgiving, but I could care less about his antics on the star as I look at it today. He was a rival then.

Well said.

Jerry even replied when asked about the star "incident" ... if we get TO he could sleep on the star. Smart man.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
peplaw06 said:
OK 5 Stars, here's the scenario I'm envisioning...

Week 2, Sunday Night Football, at home vs. Washington on National Television.... Shawn Springs is going to miss that game. TO may score more than one TD. In the 4th quarter we are on the positive end of a 28-7 score, TO has already scored once. He hits a seam and takes it to the house on Carlos Rogers. 34-7, complete reversal of our blowout loss last year... TO takes the ball to the Star and does his thing. The stadium will erupt. For me it would be hard not to be reveling in that moment. Revenge against Washington and signalling that the Cowboys are back.

Penalty or not, the game is out of reach. I'd love it.

Well, if it's against the RedStinks, I say, "GO FOR IT"!

Not really....

And, what is going to be gained by doing that? There can be no good to come out by doing stuff like that. For one, it just perpetuates the problems that T.O. already has...that being that he needs dicipline when it comes to his ego. Why feed it and allow him to continue doing what he does that piss people off? There comes a time when you have to stop buying your crying kid candy and toys just to get him to shut up and learn how to handle himself.

Secondly, why, against any team, would you want to give a team more incentive to beat the crap out of you the next game? It makes no sense at all. It's unsportsmanship to rub a blowout win the face of your opponent.

And, third, if a fan cannot just appreciate the what the game is about, which is winning, and in your scenero, the Boyz have already won the game. Why can't a fan just celebrate that instead of having to feed 1 of 45 players that helped win that game? It makes absoutely no sense whatsoever!

It's these kind of things that create T.O.s in the first place by worshipping every little stupid thing they do by making a big deal out of it. Why cheer something like that?

Here is what I would cheer for. T.O. scores a touchdown, give the ball to the ref, stop, take a slight bow, and go back to the bench...like a professional football player...I can deal with that. But, to go out and act a fool and mock the opposing team, and generally think that he is above the "team" is disgusting...I don't care who it is.

I though Emmitt lowered himself in my eyes with his "diamond among trash" comment, and that is nothing compared to what T.O. does.

JJ hired T.O. to win games, period, not to put on some freak side show. Did you like it when T.O. did that to the Cowboys back then? I sure as hell did not like it!!

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
I'd Love me some T.O.!

That being said...I wish after his first TD he would just flip it to the Ref...Accept Congratulations from his teammates and go to the sideline...and be kissed by Parcells.:D

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Hoov said:
or i could just read your posts. you get upset way too easily, its not too hard for someone to push your buttons is it.

Use the ignore feature, if you are smart enough, that is...:rolleyes:

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
YoMick said:
Well said.

Jerry even replied when asked about the star "incident" ... if we get TO he could sleep on the star. Smart man.

After the game, I could care less of T.O. makes love to himself on the Star...but, not during a game, period...

superpunk

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:

The difference is it's his team's star now.

If he went out and spiked the ball on the Commanders logo, that's classless.

Running to the star is funny. He was suspended because he humiliated another team's logo. Had he done it in Candlestick, there would have been no suspension, or fine.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
As for this ideal of him running out to mid-field (Which I hope he does not do) is still total lack of class and I would like to think at least some of our fans still have pride and class when it comes to this team and there is nothing classy about a guy running out to mid-field and costing his team.
Did you say that when Emmitt went out there??

wileedog

Reaction score
Screw it. I hope he does it 4 times and the crowd goes bananas.

Yeah, classless, penalties, yada yada yada.

I'll give up the 60 yards in penalties and endless JFE articles for the opportunity to thoroughly thrash the Commanders and have their fans have to endure TO standing in the middle of the stadium bathed in adulation from the fans.

Bill will go crazy and the fallout will be worse, but I gotta admit I'd enjoy the living heck out of it.

Hoov

Reaction score
5Stars said:
Use the ignore feature, if you are smart enough, that is...:rolleyes:

why ignore ? your posts give me something to laugh about while work is slow.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
5Stars said:
And, what is going to be gained by doing that? There can be no good to come out by doing stuff like that. For one, it just perpetuates the problems that T.O. already has...that being that he needs dicipline when it comes to his ego. Why feed it and allow him to continue doing what he does that piss people off? There comes a time when you have to stop buying your crying kid candy and toys just to get him to shut up and learn how to handle himself.
I never said I WANTED him to do it... I just think at some point he probably will. This would just be the best case scenario for him to do it. The penalty is meaningless.

Secondly, why, against any team, would you want to give a team more incentive to beat the crap out of you the next game? It makes no sense at all. It's unsportsmanship to rub a blowout win the face of your opponent.
If we beat em 35-7, that's all the incentive they need to come out and try to get payback the next game.

And, third, if a fan cannot just appreciate the what the game is about, which is winning, and in your scenero, the Boyz have already won the game. Why can't a fan just celebrate that instead of having to feed 1 of 45 players that helped win that game? It makes absoutely no sense whatsoever!
I would celebrate the win for sure. But I'm telling you it would be hard for me to hate TO for doing that. I'd probably get chills.

It's these kind of things that create T.O.s in the first place by worshipping every little stupid thing they do by making a big deal out of it. Why cheer something like that?

Here is what I would cheer for. T.O. scores a touchdown, give the ball to the ref, stop, take a slight bow, and go back to the bench...like a professional football player...I can deal with that. But, to go out and act a fool and mock the opposing team, and generally think that he is above the "team" is disgusting...I don't care who it is.
When did you guys get all "high and mighty" about TD celebrations? It's a very small thing in the grand scheme of things. If we get the win, who cares? You think the rest of the team is going to feel alienated when he does it?? You think they want to be in on it? Most people aren't so petty to let one little thing cause vast amounts of hatred to be directed toward one guy, or to let it affect team chemistry.

You question whether people have enough reverence for a piece of fake grass painted blue in the middle of a bunch of concrete. It's a LOGO!!! It's probably been replaced more times than you can count. When the Cowboys move to the new stadium, and if/when they tear down Texas stadium, do you think they're gonna leave the star there out of reverence?? Are they going to make a "star transplant" to the new place? Lighten up a little bit. It's entertainment, not life and death. It's like Hollywood blowing up a model of the White House in Independence Day. Was there a lot of outrage over that by rational people?

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
peplaw06 said:
Did you say that when Emmitt went out there??

Emmitt was defending his team. Again, did you like it when T.O. did it the first time? I already asked you, but, you never answered.

How did you like it then?

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
5Stars said:
Emmitt was defending his team. Again, did you like it when T.O. did it the first time? I already asked you, but, you never answered.

How did you like it then?
No I looooved it :rolleyes:... What do you think?!?!? Of course I didn't like it. I was only mad though because it was a sign that we couldn't stop him... I was never like, "Oh my GOSH!!! He's defiling our sacred piece of fake blue grass!! :eek: But like I said before, he was on another team. He's a Cowboy now, like it or not. I love the Cowboys, and I'm not going to let my past dislike for a player prevent me from enjoying my Cowboys.

And you can say Emmitt was defending his team, but that doesn't change the fact that he went out there. Dooms said going out on the star shows a lack of class. I don't get the jump in logic there, if it was okay for Emmitt to do it. That's all I was commenting on there.