I believe Dak will not sign a contract or the tag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Praxit

Reaction score
I believe Dak will not sign a contract or the tag if Jerry keeps Garrett onboard. Dak wants a new coach that will not hold this team back and growth in his career.
..that would be awesome. But I feel, Dak likes Red Jesus, its all he knows. Someone would need to knock some sense into the guy.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Were you hibernating when Foles/Cousins/Dalton/Flacco/Alex Smith got their contracts? There was a bidding war over Brock Freaking Osweiler!!!!!

Seriously, any QB who shows a frickin' pulse, any sign at all will get paid a ton. If Dak hit the market, a minimum of 5-6 teams would be after him.

Name the teams that would be after Dak as I need a good pre-2020 Laugh....

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
I believe Dak will not sign a contract or the tag if Jerry keeps Garrett onboard. Dak wants a new coach that will not hold this team back and growth in his career.

Dak loves Garrett. You know less about him than even I expected, and my expectations were low to begin with

kskboys

Reaction score
Name the teams that would be after Dak as I need a good pre-2020 Laugh....
No problem:

CHI
TB
JAX
INDY
CINCY
NE
MIA
CAR

Some of these may be eliminated due to drafting a QB. And there may even be some interest from teams such as PITT, DEN, WASH, or SD.

FA QB's are getting huge contracts just in case they work out. Pay more attention!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BoysForLife

Reaction score

Pay attention folks

This is Dak's agent speaking. This carries some weight

kskboys

Reaction score
We were trash until the Amari trade. How do you explain this year?
Whoa, you just said Dak couldn't beat good teams. I pointed out that you were in error. Don't be going off on some tangent because you were wrong.

mardwin

Reaction score
Jerry Jones loves to bid against himself. Dallas could just place the transition tag on Dak and allow the market to dictate his value. Nobody is going to pay Dak $30M per year for 5 years. What team is willing to invest that kind of cash for a QB who needs an all-pro level roster for him to function at a decent level?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

That’s ridiculous! Garrett supported Dak from day one. He gave Dak the opportunity to start when Romo was injured and stayed with him when Romo was ready to return. Dak wouldn’t be in the position he’s in right now to become the highest paid player in franchise history if it wasn’t for Garrett. Dak has progressed under Garrett. Plus Dak isn’t about to pass up top 5 QB money on the franchise tag which would be about 28 million because he wants Garrett gone.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
No problem:

CHI
TB
JAX
INDY
CINCY
NE
MIA
CAR

Some of these may be eliminated due to drafting a QB. And there may even be some interest from teams such as PITT, DEN, WASH, or SD.

FA QB's are getting huge contracts just in case they work out. Pay more attention!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
With Cincy getting the #1 pick and Chicago announcing they are good with Mitch, the only team I can really see that may be interested in Dak is TB. If they really think a QB who takes care of the call better can push them over the edge (they were actually 7-9 this year despite it all) then maybe I could see them being interested.
There is never going to be a huge free agent market for middle tier QBs because the truly bad teams will handle through the draft and the others mostly also have a middling guy who is already in their system that they know (for better or for worse).

lockster

Reaction score
Dak has no room to refuse the tag and I think he knows this. He’d be dumb to refuse something like that. Like someone above said, the QB market is not as big as it seems, especially teams willing to pay 35+ mil on an inconsistent QB.
Lol. This would actually be a good test to see how smart he is . If he refused to sign tag, you automatically know he's a few rocks short of a driveway! I mean a few nuts short of a squirrel stash! I mean a few leafs short of a full cabbage lol

blueblood70

Reaction score
No problem:

CHI
TB
JAX
INDY
CINCY
NE
MIA
CAR

thats a stretch of a list...

First off which teams are willing to give up 2 1st rounders for him? thats what it would take under the Non exclusive FT he will get, no way he gets to walk..we will put that on Dak and make him not very good option for anupone..his team of agents and himself will see his true market which wont be as big as he thinks..

CHI-is dak 2- 1st and 34,il better then mitch-I doubt that but possibility =Mild
TB- is dak 2- 1st and 34,il better then Winston-I doubt that but possibility because of less INT =Mild
JAX-No they have an opportunity to keep foles at22 and they have a solid backup
INDY-No Dak isnt 15 plus mil and some draft picks beter then what they have in Brissett , they are very similar QBs IMO
CINCY-NO way they can grab Burrows without costing them anything but their current pick
NE- NO way-Bill is far to smart to let go of 2 1sts for Dak and 35mil when he had the GOAT for 22 ? they know how to develop talent, he can go grab a journeymen and start developing their current young draft pick as they didnt have much offense this year and are in the playoffs with great defense and STs?
MIA-Best shot I guess but why not let Fitzmagic continue and go after a draft pick like Tua at 5th spot- Tua can get healthy while watching& developing.
CAR-Maybe Carolina but why let Cam go because he maybe too big of contract for Dak-barely warm

maybe a few teams not listed maybe as well but really I cant see it..
IMO theres really not a lot of teams in the market for a QB especially Dak for draft picks and the burden of a new 34plus mil per year deal..

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No problem:

CHI
TB
JAX
INDY
CINCY
NE
MIA
CAR

With all due respect, you need to PAY ATTENTION as Dak is not Franchise QB material and if any of the above teams would be interested expect an offer in the very LOW 20 million a year at best with very poor guaranteed cash. Not even our owner one of the worst GM in the NFL took the bait with Dak and you expect the above team owners and GM to bite and give Mr. 3 and out a mega-deal?
Wishful thinking and total fairytale scenarios you Dak-Zoids are selling again!

Status
Not open for further replies.