I believe Dak will not sign a contract or the tag

Status
Not open for further replies.

basilhayden

Reaction score
Damnit!!!!!!!!!!!, do we sign Garrett then to rid ourselves of Dak? Or get rid of Garrett and keep Dak?

Look I hate both, but end of the day if this is the case, keep Garrett. He's not the one out there throwing balls behind WRs, over throwing them, throwing passes at the feet or in the stands.

I rather deal with bad coaching then bad QB play.

Meanwhile.....

Dak was seen screaming at some fans at the grocery store because they told him he won't get a new contract

:lmao:

#DontpayDak

You have real problems. Get help...

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The offer needs to be 25 million a year. Anything more than that is going to result in an inability to put a competitive team around Dak. Leadership and grit the kid has in spades. However at this point in his career he isn't going to carry this team. Which means you need to invest heavily in defense and offensive line, TE's and WR's.
Why would he accept 25 million a year when he can get more by just being tagged? He'll get more than that.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I like Dak, but he had the most meaningless statistical season I can remember. I believe someone started a thread that Dak became Romo.
What meaningless stats are you referring to? Not passing yards or QBR, in fact, Dak improved in every statistical category over last season which was good enough to win the division and a WC game in the playoffs. Please enlighten us all, lesser joe.

Dre11

Reaction score
I believe Dak will not sign a contract or the tag if Jerry keeps Garrett onboard. Dak wants a new coach that will not hold this team back and growth in his career.
lol...Dak want Garrett and Moore back. in fact that is probably why it's taking long on a decision

Rayman70

Reaction score
Dak will be here. One way or another. Only way he wouldn't be is a mega deal in return after we sign him to a tag.

InTheZone

Reaction score
I believe Dak will not sign a contract or the tag if Jerry keeps Garrett onboard. Dak wants a new coach that will not hold this team back and growth in his career.
Garrett would probably be employed if he didn't choose to stick with Dak and put himself in this situation.

zeke21

Reaction score
No problem:

CHI
TB
JAX
INDY
CINCY
NE
MIA
CAR

Some of these may be eliminated due to drafting a QB. And there may even be some interest from teams such as PITT, DEN, WASH, or SD.

FA QB's are getting huge contracts just in case they work out. Pay more attention!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not sure you are serious.. but as others have said..that list is just not accurate.

Chi - committed to Mitch who showed signs this year.. they aren't going to pay mega bucks after the mistakes they have made previously doing just that
TB - This is probably the best bet.. but I'm confused because they, statistically, have the BEST QB in the league already.. I mean he had the most passing yards right?!! So why would they give up Winston to get Dak.. who was statistically worse?
JAX - Umm they just went and got Foles.. yes he underperformed (no surprise there) but see Chicago.. they are unlikely to repeat the same mistake and try for a big off season move at QB
INDY - Possible.. they were caught offguard with Luck retiring but Brissett has come in and played quite well. Traditionally a very conservative organisation and unlikely to want to pay Dak big bucks with Brissett already in place and leading the offence.
CINCY - Ummm no. They have the draft pick and need to make a decision.. IF they don't want Burrows because they believe in Andy.. then they will trade it to a team that does. Personally I think they jump on Burrows.. then the question is whether they keep Andy for a bridging year or Andy comes onto the market and further dilutes Daks chances.
NE - I'm not so sure they are ready to move on from Brady. The guy had no team this year.. like nothing.. and they just missed home field advantage. Still have a good shot at yet another deep run in the playoffs. Has GOAT lost a step.. yep.. is it time to move on.. not a chance.
MIA - Possible and I maintain Daks best chance. Do they want to gamble again.. oh and see what Tannehill has done to show why Dak would be insane to go down there.. it would be the death of his overhyped and short career.
CAR - They are waiting for Cam to come back.. they will stick with their man to see if he comes back from injury. No way they move on Newton this year.

Yes every year sees a lot of unexpected movement at QB and yes it is still the easiest position to get overpaid at.. so yes teams will be interested if Dak comes on the market.. but I'm not so sure he will as hot as some think. He wants big dollars and the word is out around the league that he has big issues and is weak against strong opposition.. and most of the league is pretty adamant that we under performed big time this year.. and particularly Dak.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It sucks that we are so divided as Cowboy fans. It seems like 50% want Dak gone. 50% want Dak to stay. I hope that Dak and the team improve from the 8-8 mark next year
Dak wouldn't have improve any for the Cowboys record to get better.

Average special teams + decent kicker + competent HC = 3 or 4 more wins this year.

The Cowboys should have won the east with a record of 11-5 at worst.

kskboys

Reaction score
Not sure you are serious.. but as others have said..that list is just not accurate.

Chi - committed to Mitch who showed signs this year.. they aren't going to pay mega bucks after the mistakes they have made previously doing just that
TB - This is probably the best bet.. but I'm confused because they, statistically, have the BEST QB in the league already.. I mean he had the most passing yards right?!! So why would they give up Winston to get Dak.. who was statistically worse?
JAX - Umm they just went and got Foles.. yes he underperformed (no surprise there) but see Chicago.. they are unlikely to repeat the same mistake and try for a big off season move at QB
INDY - Possible.. they were caught offguard with Luck retiring but Brissett has come in and played quite well. Traditionally a very conservative organisation and unlikely to want to pay Dak big bucks with Brissett already in place and leading the offence.
CINCY - Ummm no. They have the draft pick and need to make a decision.. IF they don't want Burrows because they believe in Andy.. then they will trade it to a team that does. Personally I think they jump on Burrows.. then the question is whether they keep Andy for a bridging year or Andy comes onto the market and further dilutes Daks chances.
NE - I'm not so sure they are ready to move on from Brady. The guy had no team this year.. like nothing.. and they just missed home field advantage. Still have a good shot at yet another deep run in the playoffs. Has GOAT lost a step.. yep.. is it time to move on.. not a chance.
MIA - Possible and I maintain Daks best chance. Do they want to gamble again.. oh and see what Tannehill has done to show why Dak would be insane to go down there.. it would be the death of his overhyped and short career.
CAR - They are waiting for Cam to come back.. they will stick with their man to see if he comes back from injury. No way they move on Newton this year.

Yes every year sees a lot of unexpected movement at QB and yes it is still the easiest position to get overpaid at.. so yes teams will be interested if Dak comes on the market.. but I'm not so sure he will as hot as some think. He wants big dollars and the word is out around the league that he has big issues and is weak against strong opposition.. and most of the league is pretty adamant that we under performed big time this year.. and particularly Dak.
What's really not accurate is your assessment of QB's. It's like you slept through the season.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
It's hard to tell what's going on inside that locker room, but you may have a point. I wish we could hear how players REALLY feel

What they think and what they say to the public is not necessarily the same thing. If you like your paycheck, you say the right things.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
What's really not accurate is your assessment of QB's. It's like you slept through the season.
Or, his assessment is spot on. You're the one who's well-known for having the football acumen of a housefly... which explains your lazy retort.

Tussinman

Reaction score
I don't blame anyone for having differing opinions on the Dak situations, it's definatley a weird one (i've never seen a player that's so over-rated yet so under-rated at the same time). He's on the upper-end of mid tier which is highly valuable but is there enough value for him to command upper tier money.

Reality is he is definatley more on the under-rated side like you have stated. Funny to say he would have no market value when Osweiler literally had teams bidding on him and Cousins got over 80 milllion guranteed.

It's very hard to predict what teams think or need. Also the whole "Dak might only be a slight upgrade over someones current QB" is literally a huge deal when the coaches jobs on the line. The difference between 1 or 2 additional wins can save your job.

Love how Dak is so easily replaceable and so unhighly thought of in the open market yet majority of these teams won't have a QB better than him for an entire decade......... (lol)

Hadenough

Reaction score
Well that sure would keep this team from making 2 big mistakes instead of just one.

zeke21

Reaction score
I don't blame anyone for having differing opinions on the Dak situations, it's definatley a weird one (i've never seen a player that's so over-rated yet so under-rated at the same time). He's on the upper-end of mid tier which is highly valuable but is there enough value for him to command upper tier money.

Reality is he is definatley more on the under-rated side like you have stated. Funny to say he would have no market value when Osweiler literally had teams bidding on him and Cousins got over 80 milllion guranteed.

It's very hard to predict what teams think or need. Also the whole "Dak might only be a slight upgrade over someones current QB" is literally a huge deal when the coaches jobs on the line. The difference between 1 or 2 additional wins can save your job.

Love how Dak is so easily replaceable and so unhighly thought of in the open market yet majority of these teams won't have a QB better than him for an entire decade......... (lol)
I love love love the osweiler references that keep getting made. In one way that deal is exactly why Dak might not get a great deal on the open market. Osweiler is exactly the cautionary tale for all GMs about taking Dak. Osweiler sat under Manning then came in for a few appearances and did quite well.. he came into a SUPERBOWL winning team and looked competent.. and the Texans paid mega bucks to get him.. turned out that without that superbowl level defence and offence around him.. Osweiler was pretty bad.

So hmmm lets see.. Dak gets inserted into a top 5 level offence.. plays a good rookie year.. has never repeated that level of success. Has never had to compete for his job.. has never actually shown he can play well with any kind of adversity at all.. last year when the receivers were struggling he was bottom 5 level.. and then this year against good teams he bombed out.

So I agree that Osweiler is exactly who comes to mind when thinking about Dak. I fully expect another team would pay big bucks for him and probably the same result.

Oh and for the Cousins reference.. Cousins is the less flashy version of Dak.. a stat stuffer that doesn't always pass the eye test or the clutch test. His main weakness? MNF and the big time. In his first season with the Vikings he amassed 4,298 passing yards, 30 touchdowns, and 10 interceptions.. yet was seen as under performing. This year he hasn't been as productive and yet the Vikes go 10-6 and make the playoffs. However Cousins is 0-9 now for MNF. I believe Cousins is wildly undervalued and is a competent QB however most would agree nowhere near worth the 80M contract.. so again it is probably the cautionary tale for GMs with relation to Dak.

I'm not disagreeing that Dak is good enough to start of a lot of NFL teams.. and I absolutely know he is going to get paid and probably ink one of the biggest QB deals ever.. I also believe that whoever is stupid enough to pay him the bucks is going to end up regretting it.. so I hope it is not us. Yr post is quite accurate.. he is upper middle tier (I would have him middle of middle tier but much of a muchness).. the question is whether upper middle tier is enough to win championships.. which is what we expect and want. I don't want to be the Bengals or the Jags or all those teams scratching around in the middle tier or lower. I want us up where we belong.. with the Packers and Seattle and Pats etc.. and to be elite we need an elite QB.. and Dak is not elite.

Hadenough

Reaction score
thats a stretch of a list...

First off which teams are willing to give up 2 1st rounders for him? thats what it would take under the Non exclusive FT he will get, no way he gets to walk..we will put that on Dak and make him not very good option for anupone..his team of agents and himself will see his true market which wont be as big as he thinks..

CHI-is dak 2- 1st and 34,il better then mitch-I doubt that but possibility =Mild
TB- is dak 2- 1st and 34,il better then Winston-I doubt that but possibility because of less INT =Mild
JAX-No they have an opportunity to keep foles at22 and they have a solid backup
INDY-No Dak isnt 15 plus mil and some draft picks beter then what they have in Brissett , they are very similar QBs IMO
CINCY-NO way they can grab Burrows without costing them anything but their current pick
NE- NO way-Bill is far to smart to let go of 2 1sts for Dak and 35mil when he had the GOAT for 22 ? they know how to develop talent, he can go grab a journeymen and start developing their current young draft pick as they didnt have much offense this year and are in the playoffs with great defense and STs?
MIA-Best shot I guess but why not let Fitzmagic continue and go after a draft pick like Tua at 5th spot- Tua can get healthy while watching& developing.
CAR-Maybe Carolina but why let Cam go because he maybe too big of contract for Dak-barely warm

maybe a few teams not listed maybe as well but really I cant see it..
IMO theres really not a lot of teams in the market for a QB especially Dak for draft picks and the burden of a new 34plus mil per year deal..

Good explanation! I totally agree!
I think if Dak was a FA he would still be hard pressed to get more than 22 mil a season like Foles got.

lk8701

Reaction score

I wish Romo took a similar stand. Instead he took the money and became a fat celebrity QB like Parcells warned. (dated Carrie Underwood and Jessica Simpson, Cabo debacle etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.