I believe Dak will not sign a contract or the tag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Dak has no choice but to unless he signs a new contract. The way he finished this season allows him zero leverage on the open market, and a coaching change could give him new life

BoysForLife

Reaction score
thats a stretch of a list...

First off which teams are willing to give up 2 1st rounders for him? thats what it would take under the Non exclusive FT he will get, no way he gets to walk..we will put that on Dak and make him not very good option for anupone..his team of agents and himself will see his true market which wont be as big as he thinks..

CHI-is dak 2- 1st and 34,il better then mitch-I doubt that but possibility =Mild
TB- is dak 2- 1st and 34,il better then Winston-I doubt that but possibility because of less INT =Mild
JAX-No they have an opportunity to keep foles at22 and they have a solid backup
INDY-No Dak isnt 15 plus mil and some draft picks beter then what they have in Brissett , they are very similar QBs IMO
CINCY-NO way they can grab Burrows without costing them anything but their current pick
NE- NO way-Bill is far to smart to let go of 2 1sts for Dak and 35mil when he had the GOAT for 22 ? they know how to develop talent, he can go grab a journeymen and start developing their current young draft pick as they didnt have much offense this year and are in the playoffs with great defense and STs?
MIA-Best shot I guess but why not let Fitzmagic continue and go after a draft pick like Tua at 5th spot- Tua can get healthy while watching& developing.
CAR-Maybe Carolina but why let Cam go because he maybe too big of contract for Dak-barely warm

maybe a few teams not listed maybe as well but really I cant see it..
IMO theres really not a lot of teams in the market for a QB especially Dak for draft picks and the burden of a new 34plus mil per year deal..

I would also add--
take a look at t hat list and see who has a feature back that can be the focus like Zeke has been.

Carolina w/ McCaffrey is the only team that jumps out.
Maybe Indy with Marlon Mack or Jacksonville w/Fournette although LF never impressed me all that much.

Dak without a feature back to do the heavy lifting, often looks totally lost.

Other teams have to know that.

glimmerman

Reaction score
He will play under the tag and get the big check. But I think he signs him. It really works well for JJ because Dak wants a shorter deal. Dak wants to cash in twice. JJ wants a longer deal cheaper.

If the new coach wants to check Dak out then sign him for 3 years. Could be a 4 year deal with a out in the 4th year.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Then I hope we keep Garrett. Dak is the only one holding back this offense.
He's not the only one. But he's the biggest piece.

Dez--chased out of town after being a huge producer.
Linehan--chased out of town after the Cowboys had some prolific offenses under him.
Cooper--in the process of being scapegoated after being looked at as a savior last year.
Zeke--garnering mass criticism for his "worst season ever" (4th in league in rushing, is his basement level production lol)
O line littered with all pros and highly graded, is blamed for not giving him enough time..... And so on.
Garrett is in the process of being let go (although to be fair, he kind of deserves the negative vibes he's getting)

The list of Dak-goats continues to grow. Who's next? It will be entertaining as it would seem that the Dak-o-phants are running out of potential people to blame.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I believe Dak will not sign a contract or the tag if Jerry keeps Garrett onboard. Dak wants a new coach that will not hold this team back and growth in his career.

I don't recall a single quote by Prescott saying anything about Garrett as a coach so your guessing is way off. Not to mention that Prescott has not been that type of person or player also makes you idea foolishness.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
I believe Dak will not sign a contract or the tag if Jerry keeps Garrett onboard. Dak wants a new coach that will not hold this team back and growth in his career.
iu

kskboys

Reaction score
With all due respect, you need to PAY ATTENTION as Dak is not Franchise QB material and if any of the above teams would be interested expect an offer in the very LOW 20 million a year at best with very poor guaranteed cash. Not even our owner one of the worst GM in the NFL took the bait with Dak and you expect the above team owners and GM to bite and give Mr. 3 and out a mega-deal?
Wishful thinking and total fairytale scenarios you Dak-Zoids are selling again!
Boy, you must have really been proven wrong if you have to change the parameters. You said no one would show interest in him. And now you've had to change it to a mega deal.

I think it's really sad that you're not even capable of a cogent counter argument.

Last edited:

kskboys

Reaction score
thats a stretch of a list...

First off which teams are willing to give up 2 1st rounders for him? thats what it would take under the Non exclusive FT he will get, no way he gets to walk..we will put that on Dak and make him not very good option for anupone..his team of agents and himself will see his true market which wont be as big as he thinks..

CHI-is dak 2- 1st and 34,il better then mitch-I doubt that but possibility =Mild
TB- is dak 2- 1st and 34,il better then Winston-I doubt that but possibility because of less INT =Mild
JAX-No they have an opportunity to keep foles at22 and they have a solid backup
INDY-No Dak isnt 15 plus mil and some draft picks beter then what they have in Brissett , they are very similar QBs IMO
CINCY-NO way they can grab Burrows without costing them anything but their current pick
NE- NO way-Bill is far to smart to let go of 2 1sts for Dak and 35mil when he had the GOAT for 22 ? they know how to develop talent, he can go grab a journeymen and start developing their current young draft pick as they didnt have much offense this year and are in the playoffs with great defense and STs?
MIA-Best shot I guess but why not let Fitzmagic continue and go after a draft pick like Tua at 5th spot- Tua can get healthy while watching& developing.
CAR-Maybe Carolina but why let Cam go because he maybe too big of contract for Dak-barely warm

maybe a few teams not listed maybe as well but really I cant see it..
IMO theres really not a lot of teams in the market for a QB especially Dak for draft picks and the burden of a new 34plus mil per year deal..

Dude. Why in the world do you feel the need to change the parameters? No one said anything about trading. This list was solely about teams who would want him. Where'd you get this two 1st rounders baloney from?

C'mon, guys, at least challenge me.

conner01

Reaction score
No reason to think that is Dak's position on Garrett. Being the QB of the Cowboys was his childhood dream. There is no reason to think he wants to leave the Cowboys. He will sign his tag.
Of course he will
Players know this is a business and they play to get paid
The tag is great for him. Get good pay and free agency the next year
I doubt Dak dislikes Garrett but even if he does I doubt he’s that dumb

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
Dak has no choice but to unless he signs a new contract. The way he finished this season allows him zero leverage on the open market, and a coaching change could give him new life

He has the leverage and will force Dallas to use the Tag if he doesn’t get his price.

king987

Reaction score
Dak is going to be here, period. New contract or tag. It might be dragged out, because what else is new? The Dallas Cowboys are a drama filled, high school sitcom, so of course it will.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
The offer needs to be 25 million a year. Anything more than that is going to result in an inability to put a competitive team around Dak. Leadership and grit the kid has in spades. However at this point in his career he isn't going to carry this team. Which means you need to invest heavily in defense and offensive line, TE's and WR's.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
With all due respect, you need to PAY ATTENTION as Dak is not Franchise QB material and if any of the above teams would be interested expect an offer in the very LOW 20 million a year at best with very poor guaranteed cash. Not even our owner one of the worst GM in the NFL took the bait with Dak and you expect the above team owners and GM to bite and give Mr. 3 and out a mega-deal?
Wishful thinking and total fairytale scenarios you Dak-Zoids are selling again!

Gee I don't recall seeing your name on any media website as their QB guru. What you obviously don't get is every starting QB that signed a new contract in the last 2 years has signed for more than the low 20 mil mark and none of them are former NFL rookie of the year. And why is that, because every year the pay keeps going up on the most important position on the field. So whether you like it or not the Cowboys will give Prescott a lot more than a low 20 mil a year contract whether it's before or after he gets tagged.

Status
Not open for further replies.