I Can't Take It Anymore

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Dak looks great. Wrs look really good. Young promising lbing core. Young promising corners. I like the color blue.
The Cowboys went toe to toe with the defending Super Bowl champs and all we hear is he sucks and he sucks and everything sucks. It’s pathetic how some of these people live.

jnday

Reaction score
There's a fair number of posters here who know a little about football and the business of football. Unfortunately, they're in the minority.

All the folks who think the front office is poor have no idea what they're talking about. Doesn't pay to argue with them, as they aren't smart enough to understand even the slightest nuance of the discussion.

All the folks who think they can evaluate talent better than the professionals who do it for a living have lost their minds. I'm not talking about the blabbering heads on television who's job it is to get ratings, but the player personnel departments of the multi-billion dollar organizations they represent. Example: The 'We don't know how to draft!' crowd have zero idea how hard it is to evaluate college talent. See: Goff, Wentz, Bradford, PRESCOTT, et al.

It's incredible how few people understand that professional football is nothing more than an entertainment business. For most franchises, winning and business success go hand in hand. When the Jags win, they sell out. When they lose, nobody shows up. That's been the story of every Los Angeles franchise as well and the reason L.A. had no team for many years. Not so the Dallas Cowboys. They do 'entertainment' better than any pro sports team in the world. That's pure genius at work.

If winning Super Bowls is the make or break cause of your football happiness, pick the favorites to do so every year and cheer for them. The Chiefs and the Bucs will welcome you into their folds. I watched for a decade as posters here called for Garrett's head. If it really bothered them that much, they should've moved on. Now I read angry posts about MM (not a fan myself, but it's who we have). If he bothers you so much, move on. You won't be missed.

If you're under 30 (and that's being generous), you don't know how much you don't know. Best to not open your mouth. At least your ignorance will remain a secret if you keep quiet.

Me? I'll cheer on the Cowboys through thick and thin, just as I've done for half a century. My team didn't get waxed 38-3 last week and my stud QB didn't fumble the game away Monday night. No, my QB didn't whip a 50 yard pass across his body that should've been Intercepted but instead won the game, but that's football.

I can live with that.

Posted before many times, but this should be mandatory watching:

You are the type of fan that Jerry loves. A ten dollar draft magazine can be used to duplicate the quality of drafts that take place under the current GM. Actually , I think the drafts would be better every year if they would let a CZ poster and a magazine make the picks. Another point to consider is that many fans were Cowboy fans before Jerry bought them. Why should we move on to another team? We were here first. Super Bowls are the standards for success. If winning isn’t your first priority, maybe you should move on. Fans that blindly follow and approve every screwed up mistake that Jerry makes are responsible for the lack of standards and expectations that have morphed into the loser mentality that the organization now has.

Last edited:

Blake

Reaction score
There’s at least 35 “I’m holier than thou” threads per season. Nothing new under the sun.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Losing is hard, & for some its hard facing reality.

We lost … Some of us dont want to hear "oh but Dak looked so good throwing the ball. "

Good whatever . Where's the W ?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Homers spent all offseason trying to antagonize haters and now are getting upset when things appear to be going south. Can’t make this stuff up.
What’s going south? The team took the reigning SB champs down to the wire and would’ve won the game with a better kicker. The haters give up so easily. :facepalm:

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
There's a fair number of posters here who know a little about football and the business of football. Unfortunately, they're in the minority.

All the folks who think the front office is poor have no idea what they're talking about. Doesn't pay to argue with them, as they aren't smart enough to understand even the slightest nuance of the discussion.

All the folks who think they can evaluate talent better than the professionals who do it for a living have lost their minds. I'm not talking about the blabbering heads on television who's job it is to get ratings, but the player personnel departments of the multi-billion dollar organizations they represent. Example: The 'We don't know how to draft!' crowd have zero idea how hard it is to evaluate college talent. See: Goff, Wentz, Bradford, PRESCOTT, et al.

It's incredible how few people understand that professional football is nothing more than an entertainment business. For most franchises, winning and business success go hand in hand. When the Jags win, they sell out. When they lose, nobody shows up. That's been the story of every Los Angeles franchise as well and the reason L.A. had no team for many years. Not so the Dallas Cowboys. They do 'entertainment' better than any pro sports team in the world. That's pure genius at work.

If winning Super Bowls is the make or break cause of your football happiness, pick the favorites to do so every year and cheer for them. The Chiefs and the Bucs will welcome you into their folds. I watched for a decade as posters here called for Garrett's head. If it really bothered them that much, they should've moved on. Now I read angry posts about MM (not a fan myself, but it's who we have). If he bothers you so much, move on. You won't be missed.

If you're under 30 (and that's being generous), you don't know how much you don't know. Best to not open your mouth. At least your ignorance will remain a secret if you keep quiet.

Me? I'll cheer on the Cowboys through thick and thin, just as I've done for half a century. My team didn't get waxed 38-3 last week and my stud QB didn't fumble the game away Monday night. No, my QB didn't whip a 50 yard pass across his body that should've been Intercepted but instead won the game, but that's football.

I can live with that.

I've been telling people about this train called the Enjoy The Journey on this forum for a long, long time.
Very few want to ride it. They'd rather be unhappy, waiting for something that's not going to happen until some monumental things happen and that's fine with them.
The all, or nothing guys cannot enjoy things and that's very sad.
But that's up to them and their freedom to live their lives in that manner.
I will respect that and hope that they respect me back.
I guess that's the hippie in me.

And now I need to hit STOP on that Gordon Lightfoot song...

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

I can live with that.

Playoffs? You talking Playoffs?
Classic

RaZon

Reaction score
We are going to lose to the Chargers then win three in a row maybe four then a bye.

We got no worries being in the weak NFC East.

Everyone needs to relax, that is R-E-L-A=X relax

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
Pretty cringe to make a post saying that people in here don't know what they are talking about because they aren't in pro-football organizations but then not be in one yourself.

You are saying they(posters) don't know, but for you to boldly proclaim that you have to assume that you- wait for it- do know more than anyone here and judge them accordingly as insufficient.

In other words you are doing exactly what you are accusing them of doing which is not knowing what you are talking about and forming your own opinion subjectively. Shocker on a Cowboys message board.

RaZon

Reaction score

I can live with that.

Tell me something I don't know about football, love to see this.

So far haven't learned anything.

waving monkey

Reaction score
25 straight seasons of not even reaching a conference title game says otherwise - 20 other teams have played in a SB during that time.

That doesn't mean I think I could do better from my couch. It means a lot of NFL teams are doing better than the Cowboys. That's a fact.

If you're referring to making money, they're good at it. But Jerry's net worth doesn't interest me as a fan.
rear view perspective not thats its incorrect