I do not get the resistance to OBJ

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Who cares about getting kicked off of a plane??? The Cowboys aren't in the airline business are they???

Has he ever been kicked off of a team??? That's like saying you don't want a all pro receiver because he got kicked out of a club or restaurant. please...

He was traded by the Giants because of his diva BS....released by the Browns because of his attitude....and only signed to a 1-year prove it deal by the Rams.....and he has not done much in terms of being a weapon since 2019.

blueblood70

Reaction score
If the team has SB aspirations this year, not just the old building for the future, then signing him is absolutely critical.

It’s not just about adding another receiver, it’s about signing a receiver who is heads and shoulders better than anyone on the team who isn’t named Ceedee. Imagine playing a team in the playoffs with a true shutdown corner or the ability to bracket Ceedee and take him out of the game. How do you like our chances of winning throwing the ball to Gallup and Brown?

Imagine we get hot in the playoffs and only need to get through SF to reach the SB, but Ceedee get nicked up with a hamstring strain or a concussion or ankle sprain. Do you think our season ends because we can’t run on SF to win the NFC?

OBJ makes us better, more dangerous, more difficult to defend by pairing him with Ceedee and Gallup. He creates more room for our TEs. But most importantly, OBJ is insurance against having our SB hopes dashed by any situation that limits Ceedee Lamb, leaving us with practically nothing.

you lost me at critical , as if our downfall is not signing this guy. LMAO Umm OK

Here's the downsides that actually could trump the upside,

• Kellen Moore would want to feed him, become more pass happy
  • Dak would feel pressure to get him the ball, ie force it..
  • his injury history and him wanting a LTD is an issue.

So those are some negatives, need anything else answered?

sure, a nice insurance policy to add a star like OBJ to the mix for the playoff run but there are negatives,., get woke, think deeper..
he could literally upset the week-to-week gelling that been going on with our offense and our renewed interest in a strong run game balanced by 1 main target at WR with some others sprinkled in..Gallups getting better each game, we use a heavy amount of TE schemes and again adding a star demanding targets can upset the balance.

Gallup is getting better each week, Brown and our TEs can help offset CD getting neutralized with Pollard and zeke etc.

Last edited:

Sydla

Reaction score
Who cares about getting kicked off of a plane??? The Cowboys aren't in the airline business are they???

Has he ever been kicked off of a team??? That's like saying you don't want a all pro receiver because he got kicked out of a club or restaurant. please...

This is some weird logic.

For the record, I have no issues signing him. However, given his track record of bizarre behavior and flightiness, his getting kicked off a plane for acting erratically could be a sign of some of that bizarre behavior that some teams might not want in their locker room. Jerry, however, has a long history of taking chances on guys like this so it's no surprise that Dallas might look at the airplane incident differently than other teams.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
1) He was good with the Giants and Eli.

2) Baker was clearly the issue in Cleveland.

3) With the Rams, stafford and him were a TD combo. He was on his way to the Super Bowl MVP (just end of last season) until he hurt his kneee and then Cooper Kupp stepped up.

4) Amari came here with no training camp and Dak and him lit it up. Simply put, Dak can produce with a new wr quickly.

If he passes the physical, enjoy!
1. That was 4 seasons ago.
2. That was 3 seasons ago.
3. It is very speculative to say OBJ was on his way to SB MVP last Feb.
4. He’s coming off his second major knee surgery in 4 years. He’s 30. He’s talented for sure but his route running skill set is nothing like Cooper. Amari was easier to mesh with because of his precise routes. He’s not as talented as OBJ but he was easier to get in tune with quickly.

At this point I believe OBJ will be a Cowboy soon. But my expectations are much lower than most. Thinking this guy is going to step on the field and light it up is crazy to me. Maybe he can have some positive impact. But having him or not having him is not that important IMO.

Honestly, IMO we would have been much better to have acquired a talented DT or LB that can help our D stop the run. I can certainly be wrong, but IMO Signing OBJ is more a PR move than an impact move.

silvernblu

Reaction score

So, you are good with Antonio Brown?

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
YET Odds go up with one that had 2 acl injuries over what 18months.

sorry its not just the injuries,

rumor is he wants to finish a NYG, so its moot.. we do not have a NEED
the resistance is,

• Kellen Moore would want to feed him, become more pass happy
  • Dak would feel pressure to get him the ball, ie force it..
  • his injury history and him wanting a LTD is an issue.

So those are some negatives, need anything else answered?

sure, a nice insurance policy to add a star like OBJ to the mix for the playoff run but there are negatives,., get woke, think deeper..
he could literally upset the week-to-week gelling that been going on with our offense and our renewed interest in a strong run game balanced by 1 main target at WR with some others sprinkled in. Gallup's getting better each game, we use a heavy amount of TE schemes and again adding a star demanding targets can upset the balance.

A lot of speculation here. But here are some facts:

• He was averaging 5 targets on the Rams last year (with a 12 yard per target average, I'll add) with no known issues of demanding anything.
  • Every report from locker rooms shows player love playing with him.
  • Agree injury history is concerning, but that's where the contract and terms have to be right. Not talking about a blank check here. If you can limit guaranteed money or add incentive based playing escalators, that's the ticket.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Thinking this guy is going to step on the field and light it up is crazy to me

Is any body really saying this? What I would like to see is his addition improve our red zone & 3rd down efficiency. I don't need 100 yards games. I need TDs & conversions.

blueblood70

Reaction score
A lot of speculation here. But here are some facts:

• He was averaging 5 targets on the Rams last year (with a 12 yard per target average, I'll add) with no known issues of demanding anything.
  • Every report from locker rooms shows player love playing with him.
  • Agree injury history is concerning, but that's where the contract and terms have to be right. Not talking about a blank check here. If you can limit guaranteed money or add incentive based playing escalators, that's the ticket.
won't matter, i can see Mr. pass happy Moore get way off balance again. Sorry he could be an issue just with that and Dak feeling like forcing him the ball. if you cant see that , well you aren't thinking deep enough,

OBJ isnt looking to get a escalated contract full of clauses and bonus', in fact maybe 2-3 year deal at top 5 money. Sorry that big No for me if its the case.

GINeric

Reaction score
So, you are good with Antonio Brown?

Antonio Brown got put off of NFL football teams. The Cowboys are in the professional football business. Antonio Brown has shown he cannot function in football business. So no I am not good with Antonio Brown.

OBJ has been good in professional football. He has been available and has behaved on professional football teams. What does getting asked to leave an airplane have to do with PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL BUSINESS???

To compare Brown's situation to OBJ is just dumb.

Name the professional football teams that OBJ was asked to leave like Brown was. Name any illegal activity/crimes that OBJ have committed like Brown has.

I'll wait....

GINeric

Reaction score
This is some weird logic.

For the record, I have no issues signing him. However, given his track record of bizarre behavior and flightiness, his getting kicked off a plane for acting erratically could be a sign of some of that bizarre behavior that some teams might not want in their locker room. Jerry, however, has a long history of taking chances on guys like this so it's no surprise that Dallas might look at the airplane incident differently than other teams.

So being sleep and wanting to be left alone is acting erratically??? Yeah ok. I agree that nobody is exempt from following the safety rules of the airline, but please tell me what he done that was erratic?

What's YOUR definition of erratic behavior??

Praxit

Reaction score
..football is about mental chemistry. Bringing in someone like him, could really disrupt situations.

Issues of money, getting the ball, leadership, egoship..etc.

Its all still 50/50. We could win with him and lose as well.

besides signing him, means losing 2 or more players next year. That will need, but cant pay.

GINeric

Reaction score
He was traded by the Giants because of his diva BS....released by the Browns because of his attitude....and only signed to a 1-year prove it deal by the Rams.....and he has not done much in terms of being a weapon since 2019.

You have any links that states that OBJ was traded from the Giants because of his diva BS??? Last I checked, he was released from the Browns as a scapegoat for the poor play of Baker Mayfield's trash ***.

Then you said he has not done much in terms of being a weapon since 2019??? Before he got hurt in the Superbowl, he was the leading candidate for Superbowl MVP. I guess they give those out to people whose not much of a weapon in the biggest game in professional football.

silvernblu

Reaction score
Antonio Brown got put off of NFL football teams. The Cowboys are in the professional football business. Antonio Brown has shown he cannot function in football business. So no I am not good with Antonio Brown.

OBJ has been good in professional football. He has been available and has behaved on professional football teams. What does getting asked to leave an airplane have to do with PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL BUSINESS???

To compare Brown's situation to OBJ is just dumb.

Name the professional football teams that OBJ was asked to leave like Brown was. Name any illegal activity/crimes that OBJ have committed like Brown has.

I'll wait....

You want to make an argument that OBJ has no character issues? Go look back in history.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
You have any links that states that OBJ was traded from the Giants because of his diva BS??? Last I checked, he was released from the Browns as a scapegoat for the poor play of Baker Mayfield's trash ***.

Then you said he has not done much in terms of being a weapon since 2019??? Before he got hurt in the Superbowl, he was the leading candidate for Superbowl MVP. I guess they give those out to people whose not much of a weapon in the biggest game in professional football.

Why Giants traded OBJ: "He (OBJ) also wanted a new contract and negotiations hadn't gotten anywhere, which led him to be distant from the team. Not long after that, the famous video came out of him in bed in Paris with a woman, a pizza, and what looked to many like marijuana. The Giants, from the owners on down, were furious at him."

As for Cleveland, here is the Browns GM: "After careful consideration, internal discussions and conversations with Odell and his representation, we've determined that it is in the best interest of all parties involved that Odell no longer play for the Cleveland Browns," Berry said in a statement. "We appreciate all his efforts and contributions while in Cleveland, but we've just reached a point where it is best that we move forward as a team without Odell. We are finalizing the process of granting Odell his release and we wish him well as he continues his career."

Regarding the Super Bowl, OBJ has 2 catches for 52 yards and 1 td before getting hurt with less than 4 minutes to go in the half. Prior to OBJ's injury, Cooper Kupp had 2 catches for 31 yards and 1 td...Stafford was 10 of 12 for 140 yards and 2 td....but remind me again how it was OBJ leading the MVP charge. lol

Emotional points failed yet again.

GINeric

Reaction score
Why Giants traded OBJ: "He (OBJ) also wanted a new contract and negotiations hadn't gotten anywhere, which led him to be distant from the team. Not long after that, the famous video came out of him in bed in Paris with a woman, a pizza, and what looked to many like marijuana. The Giants, from the owners on down, were furious at him."

As for Cleveland, here is the Browns GM: "After careful consideration, internal discussions and conversations with Odell and his representation, we've determined that it is in the best interest of all parties involved that Odell no longer play for the Cleveland Browns," Berry said in a statement. "We appreciate all his efforts and contributions while in Cleveland, but we've just reached a point where it is best that we move forward as a team without Odell. We are finalizing the process of granting Odell his release and we wish him well as he continues his career."

Regarding the Super Bowl, OBJ has 2 catches for 52 yards and 1 td before getting hurt with less than 4 minutes to go in the half. Prior to OBJ's injury, Cooper Kupp had 2 catches for 31 yards and 1 td...Stafford was 10 of 12 for 140 yards and 2 td....but remind me again how it was OBJ leading the MVP charge. lol

You said that the Giants let OBJ go because of his diva BS. You sent some statement about failed contract negotiations and being in bed with a woman, pizza, and marijuana.... non of those things are diva behavior or illegal activities... so that's a lie.

The Browns statements proved nothing about diva BS.... on top of that, how'd the Giants and Browns work out after OBJ left???

With that said, you've failed once to again to back up your Emotional lies. You gotta do better kid. Stop the lying lil guy, for real.

GINeric

Reaction score

Oh yeah.... about OBJ being in MVP consideration before the injury....

https://firstsportz.com/nfl-jalen-ramsey-revelation-about-odell-beckham-jr/

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...r-suffers-non-contact-knee-injury-vs-bengals/

Need anymore proof??

Last edited:

USArmyVet

Reaction score
You said that the Giants let OBJ go because of his diva BS. You sent some statement about failed contract negotiations and being in bed with a woman, pizza, and marijuana.... non of those things are diva behavior or illegal activities... so that's a lie.

The Browns statements proved nothing about diva BS.... on top of that, how'd the Giants and Browns work out after OBJ left???

With that said, you've failed once to again to back up your Emotional lies. You gotta do better kid. Stop the lying lil guy, for real.

Did I say illegal? No, so there's your lie. The Giants grew tired of his BS between the TD celebration of peeing on a fire hydrant, to staying away demanding a new contract, to the drugs video.....but you keep defending him only because Dallas may sign him.

LOL...how were the Giants with OBJ:

'14 6-10
'15 6-10
'16 11-5
'17' 3-13
'18 5-11

Combined team win % of .388 with OBJ

(Giants w/o OBJ 4-12 in '19, 6-10 in '20, 4-13 in '21, and 7-4 in '22)

Combined team win % of .420 without OBJ

Browns with OBJ:

'19 6-10
'20 11-5
'21 3-3

Combined team win % of .526 with OBJ

(Browns 5-6 w/o OBJ the rest of '21 and 4-7 in '22)

Combined team win % of .409 without OBJ

Yeah, I can see how OBJ makes such a HUGE impact on teams when he is there versus when he is not. LOL

GINeric

Reaction score
LOLOLOLOL...so you post a link that provides Jalen Ramsey's OPINION????? Keep reaching little one.

I showed more than just Ramsey's opinion. You said that OBJ was released from the Browns and Giants because of diva BS then you failed to show proof of what you lied about.

You're angry because I exposed your weak, timid *** and your lies. You gotta do better kid. This weak, cowardly, lying behavior doesn't work here. Living behind your keyboard only keeps you safe, it doesn't make you an honest person.

Do better lil guy....

GINeric

Reaction score
Did I say illegal? No, so there's your lie. The Giants grew tired of his BS between the TD celebration of peeing on a fire hydrant, to staying away demanding a new contract, to the drugs video.....but you keep defending him only because Dallas may sign him.

LOL...how were the Giants with OBJ:

'14 6-10
'15 6-10
'16 11-5
'17' 3-13
'18 5-11

Combined team win % of .388 with OBJ

(Giants w/o OBJ 4-12 in '19, 6-10 in '20, 4-13 in '21, and 7-4 in '22)

Combined team win % of .420 without OBJ

Browns with OBJ:

'19 6-10
'20 11-5
'21 3-3

Combined team win % of .526 with OBJ

(Browns 5-6 w/o OBJ the rest of '21 and 4-7 in '22)

Combined team win % of .409 without OBJ

Yeah, I can see how OBJ makes such a HUGE impact on teams when he is there versus when he is not. LOL

You said diva BS, but showed nothing but a failed contract negotiation between OBJ and the Giants and the Browns letting him go because the fit wasn't right.

You said I defended OBJ because Dallas may sign him.... thats another lie kid. I defended that false narrative when he was a Brown and a Ram. So sit your lil weak *** down and learn how to start telling the truth for once in your life. Your weak ways are an embarrassment to your family lil guy.