I do not get the resistance to OBJ

kevm3

Reaction score
Because apparently every FA is a diva and 'we like our guys'. Suh was supposedly washed up until the Eagles got him and he's producing.

There should be zero resistance to taking a flyer on Odell, but the real question is whether or not this 'frugal' FO wants to actually be aggressive in winning a superbowl or not.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
His agent wants a 3-year deal because this could be the last contract he signs. Also, remember Texas does NOT have a state income tax and that should make Dallas the favorite by far. If he and his agent can come to an agreement with the club then I think it's a no-brainer... he'll sign with Dallas. Worry about next year... next year. It's a win-now league.
I'm not a "win-now* person. That makes for a win-never team. Jerry tried that for about 15 years after Jimmy left.
I'm not gonna eat 3 years of salary for a 30+ player coming off a serious injury.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
30-year-old super diva coming off back-to-back ACL surgeries who wants a multi-year deal and won't be game ready until right before the playoffs.

Why?

Exactly.

For as much as medical technology has advanced still today, not one NBA player who tore an ACL has ever come back to being an All-Star if they were one pre-injury.

You simply cannot give a multi-year contract to an aging player coming off those injuries. It would have to be a reasonable one-year deal and load the following year up with incentives. It's the only way to ever consider it.

SiCk_DiAbLo

Reaction score
OBJ wants long term contract with his brittle bones, someone mentioned 2o mill...I can't see that happening, maybe term limits...

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
I'm not a "win-now* person. That makes for a win-never team. Jerry tried that for about 15 years after Jimmy left.
I'm not gonna eat 3 years of salary for a 30+ player coming off a serious injury.
The Rams and imo the Buccaneers proves this wrong. A win now approach does bring success if done right.

Other than that I agree, signing him to 3 years would be wrong. Even if he produces in the range if Amari. For this whole #1 WR carousel to make any sense they must not sign him for any longer then this season if at all. Otherwise they could have just kept Coop.

So I'm neither for signing him nor against it, but this whole discussion could have been avoided in the first place.

cowboyed

Reaction score
It is understandable you have concerns about OBJ's health and durability. But he will have to pass our medical staff football specific physical including post injury healing recovery to date.

silvernblu

Reaction score
1) He was good with the Giants and Eli.

2) Baker was clearly the issue in Cleveland.

3) With the Rams, stafford and him were a TD combo. He was on his way to the Super Bowl MVP (just end of last season) until he hurt his kneee and then Cooper Kupp stepped up.

4) Amari came here with no training camp and Dak and him lit it up. Simply put, Dak can produce with a new wr quickly.

If he passes the physical, enjoy!
Dude got kicked off a plane. Don’t need that cancer.

silvernblu

Reaction score
We will be running a lot of 2,3 TE sets and hopefully very run heavy offense.

Lamb, Gallup, and Brown are just fine.

Sydla

Reaction score
My resistance is based on the fact he's kind of a wackadoodle and the incident on the airplane kind of confirms that. All that being said, if he's cheap, sure, I'd take a flier on him. We aren't even sure he's 100% healthy so I wouldn't invest any big time cash in him, that's for sure.

Oh and to the people saying we shouldn't want him because he wants a multi-year deal. He ain't getting a multi-year deal. He signed a one year deal last year and got hurt. He's not getting a multi-year deal from anyone.

GINeric

Reaction score
Dude got kicked off a plane. Don’t need that cancer.

Who cares about getting kicked off of a plane??? The Cowboys aren't in the airline business are they???

Has he ever been kicked off of a team??? That's like saying you don't want a all pro receiver because he got kicked out of a club or restaurant. please...

blueblood70

Reaction score
rumor is hes want
1) He was good with the Giants and Eli.

2) Baker was clearly the issue in Cleveland.

3) With the Rams, stafford and him were a TD combo. He was on his way to the Super Bowl MVP (just end of last season) until he hurt his kneee and then Cooper Kupp stepped up.

4) Amari came here with no training camp and Dak and him lit it up. Simply put, Dak can produce with a new wr quickly.

If he passes the physical, enjoy!
rumor is he wants to finish a NYG, so its moot.. we do not have a NEED
the resistance is,

• Kellen Moore would want to feed him, become more pass happy
  • Dak would feel pressure to get him the ball, ie force it..
  • his injury history and him wanting a LTD is an issue.

So those are some negatives, need anything else answered?

sure, a nice insurance policy to add a star like OBJ to the mix for the playoff run but there are negatives,., get woke, think deeper..
he could literally upset the week-to-week gelling that been going on with our offense and our renewed interest in a strong run game balanced by 1 main target at WR with some others sprinkled in..Gallups getting better each game, we use a heavy amount of TE schemes and again adding a star demanding targets can upset the balance.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I don't get the media love fest for this guy. He's coming off acl surgery in the Superbowl. As a receiver, it's certainly going to affect his route running ability.

I wouldn't mind bringing him in if he's healthy and it's just for this season. No point in signing him any longer.
that why he wont come here, the jones will be smart enough to add clauses over injuries and other distractions and would only guarantee this year, the NYG will get on their knees to get him, its was where he started his career and nice finish,. the giants need a WR, badly, they will overpay and give him a LTD.. he will be NYG because no way the jones get on their knees for him. they recruited him hard but no way will be intoxicated to overpay. NOR should they..

IMO he would upset the flow of our offense, Dak and Moore would feel pressure to force him the ball,.

I wouldn't mind him here but am not clouded by his Name. I see the negatives it could cause. this is NOT 2018 where we are desperate for a WR, we are not close to that,,hes a bonus, not a need.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
If the team has SB aspirations this year, not just the old building for the future, then signing him is absolutely critical.

It’s not just about adding another receiver, it’s about signing a receiver who is heads and shoulders better than anyone on the team who isn’t named Ceedee. Imagine playing a team in the playoffs with a true shutdown corner or the ability to bracket Ceedee and take him out of the game. How do you like our chances of winning throwing the ball to Gallup and Brown?

Imagine we get hot in the playoffs and only need to get through SF to reach the SB, but Ceedee get nicked up with a hamstring strain or a concussion or ankle sprain. Do you think our season ends because we can’t run on SF to win the NFC?

OBJ makes us better, more dangerous, more difficult to defend by pairing him with Ceedee and Gallup. He creates more room for our TEs. But most importantly, OBJ is insurance against having our SB hopes dashed by any situation that limits Ceedee Lamb, leaving us with practically nothing.

Wizarus

Reaction score

That was definitely more Cooper than Dak. I know people on here like to downplay Cooper here, but I dont think OBJ right now is going to repeat what Cooper did.

blueblood70

Reaction score
And there no way to know if any player will get hurt. Might as well never sign someone again.
YET Odds go up with one that had 2 acl injuries over what 18months.

sorry its not just the injuries,

rumor is he wants to finish a NYG, so its moot.. we do not have a NEED
the resistance is,

• Kellen Moore would want to feed him, become more pass happy
  • Dak would feel pressure to get him the ball, ie force it..
  • his injury history and him wanting a LTD is an issue.

So those are some negatives, need anything else answered?

sure, a nice insurance policy to add a star like OBJ to the mix for the playoff run but there are negatives,., get woke, think deeper..
he could literally upset the week-to-week gelling that been going on with our offense and our renewed interest in a strong run game balanced by 1 main target at WR with some others sprinkled in..Gallups getting better each game, we use a heavy amount of TE schemes and again adding a star demanding targets can upset the balance.