I don’t know all the answers

Malhavoc

Reaction score
Rams use their #1 WR Cooper Kupp: 190 Targets 145 Catches Vs. Amari Cooper 100 targets 70 catches.

The guy doesn't get the looks because Dak is a mental case
You mentioning Amari Cooper in the same sentence as Kupp is what’s mental.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know the dak haters want to single handedly blame 100% of everything on Dak, but I think we have many problems. that's reality of it. Dak bears the brunt of most of it, but we have zeke issues, owner issues, coaching issues, OC issues, OL issues, defensive issues.

what is disappointing, is when we first went down this path after last year, it was a multi year process IMHO. we weren't going to be ready in one year. we made a great leap. we discovered some good things, and some bad things. now, we lose cooper, lawrence, schultz is FA, Gregory is FA and those are 4 key players on the team. on top of that 22M over the cap. in the meantime, the eagles went 9-7, playoff team and have 3 first round picks and heck of a lot more cap room than we do. this is not just on Dak, the Owner/GM and his son screwed this up royally. they create chaos when calm and good thinking is needed, its like they can't help themselves.

but I am sure people will say, but it was jerry that missed Open WRs........somebody is going to say it.

I am done with Dak too. but how much more Dak-bashing is needed? how many more ways we want to prove he is not good. geez people.
I think Prescott is good but he’s in that 2nd tier at 9-16 which dictates a better team around him including better coaching.

He is also a QB that must be a dual threat and that was missing this past season. The irony of that playoff game is that on his last play he did what he should have done except he did it too long.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I think Prescott is good but he’s in that 2nd tier at 9-16 which dictates a better team around him including better coaching.

He is also a QB that must be a dual threat and that was missing this past season. The irony of that playoff game is that on his last play he did what he should have done except he did it too long.
I agree. can we win with him? as you said if he is surronded by better talent. I also think Moore needs to be reigned in a little bit as he struggled as the season wore on and got out coached by DCs. he was never able to adjust. we need to rebuild the middle of the OL at whatever cost, that gets us back to the team like 2016, where we could run and allow Dak to operate out of Play Action, where he was good at.

also, based on what I haver read and even Dak, he needs to rededicate himself to the film room. the big contract is obviously gotten to his head.

Ken

Reaction score
Thinking he is Sam Darnold is based much more in reality than the fantasy land you currently live in where you think he's in the same tier as the Mahomes and Allen types.
I can actually support that assertion with numbers that are in the same area code as those guys. You make outlandish, baseless slanderous assertions that have 0 bases in reality.

Ken

Reaction score
The QB might not be worth $34 million.

This video shows the flaws in Dak's game. You lamented for years that they had to give Dak all these weapons. Now you seem to be criticizing the weapons they got for Dak. You've blamed the OL too. You've blamed the OC. Is there anything that would get you to be critical of Dak?

I don't think you can even be balanced on Dak anymore.
I loved Coop. I loved what he brought to the team until this year. I saw no explosive plays and run after catch. I saw plays where he didn't try and a play in the Cards game where he got bumped out of bounds.

I see 22 million and want to throw up. He is not worth that and with his decline in explosiveness, i fear another Zeke situation where we restructure and have an even bigger problem after next year.

I would love to keep Coop, if his hit was like 12 million this year. This contract is the problem. I don't blame Coop or Dak, I blame Jerry and Stephen.

Sydla

Reaction score
I loved Coop. I loved what he brought to the team until this year. I saw no explosive plays and run after catch. I saw plays where he didn't try and a play in the Cards game where he got bumped out of bounds.

I see 22 million and want to throw up. He is not worth that and with his decline in explosiveness, i fear another Zeke situation where we restructure and have an even bigger problem after next year.

I would love to keep Coop, if his hit was like 12 million this year. This contract is the problem. I don't blame Coop or Dak, I blame Jerry and Stephen.

I tend to agree with respect to the cap hit on Cooper. But this video clearly shows Cooper was better than people thought and Dak simply just wasn't making the right reads/throws.

If what this video shows is the Dak we see going forward, those cap hits are going to be an even bigger problem than what Cooper's is for 2022. But you can't seem to even entertain that possibility.

At the end of the day, your big cap hit QB can't be missing throws/reads like that. Cooper makes an easy target when you are incapable of admitting the issues were more than just the WRs.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
They're both #1 WR's, that's the comparison, targets and usage.
What's funny is they were both ranked about the same before the 2021 season. The difference is Stafford vs Hack a Dak
33 players had more yards than Cooper last year. He ain’t no #1 WR. Keep thinking that if you want.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

There’s symbiotic relationship between QB and WR.

If Dak hits Cooper on 80% of those plays (and there was way more than four plays in that clip) then Cooper’s statistics go up and criticism of him lacking explosive plays vanishes.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree. can we win with him? as you said if he is surronded by better talent. I also think Moore needs to be reigned in a little bit as he struggled as the season wore on and got out coached by DCs. he was never able to adjust. we need to rebuild the middle of the OL at whatever cost, that gets us back to the team like 2016, where we could run and allow Dak to operate out of Play Action, where he was good at.

also, based on what I haver read and even Dak, he needs to rededicate himself to the film room. the big contract is obviously gotten to his head.
Yes, they can win with him but they must be at least a 50% run team, not 39% as they were. And they need a better and smarter defense.

I think many forget about the difference between Staubach, Aikman and Prescott. Look at their run games and defenses when they were winning NFCC games.

The Cowboys have not been within shouting distance of that defense in the 90’s.

It’s not about the triplets but those 11 on the other side of the ball.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can actually support that assertion with numbers that are in the same area code as those guys. You make outlandish, baseless slanderous assertions that have 0 bases in reality.
I actually have two bases.

Ken

Reaction score
I tend to agree with respect to the cap hit on Cooper. But this video clearly shows Cooper was better than people thought and Dak simply just wasn't making the right reads/throws.

If what this video shows is the Dak we see going forward, those cap hits are going to be an even bigger problem than what Cooper's is for 2022. But you can't seem to even entertain that possibility.

At the end of the day, your big cap hit QB can't be missing throws/reads like that. Cooper makes an easy target when you are incapable of admitting the issues were more than just the WRs.
This video literally shows 5 plays of the entire season. In 4 of the 5 plays, I could have run the routes and been open. I am probably in the mid 5's in my 40 time anymore too.

"Big Cap Hit QB" is probably 20 mill this year. Or less than your underachieving DE and WR.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
This video literally shows 5 plays of the entire season. In 4 of the 5 plays, I could have run the routes and been open. I am probably in the mid 5's in my 40 time anymore too.

"Big Cap Hit QB" is probably 20 mill this year. Or less than your underachieving DE and WR.

The video literally shows six (6) plays and of course you want to try and treat it like it’s supposed to be an exhaustive list.