I don’t know all the answers

Brooksey

Reaction score
33 players had more yards than Cooper last year. He ain’t no #1 WR. Keep thinking that if you want.

It was pretty spread out with the use of Cee-Dee lamb and Shultz..if he was targeted 50 more times he has top 10 numbers.
That's 3 more targets per game. He's better than Darnell Mooney and Marquis Brown (top 10).

4 more targets/gm he's top 5, his catch rate is so good almost 70%. I'd even argue he's top 3 with 4 more targets per game probably 170 targets and 120 catches
and falls in behind Kupp and D.Adams.

Most teams try to use their WR1 this way, we don't. We take what the defense gives..it's the Jason Garett way,
We don't dictate anything.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/play...able/receiving/sort/receivingTargets/dir/desc

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
I realize it's only a 2 minute video, but wow.

Knowing as a WR that you're only get limited chances all game, that much be super frustrating. I've been a little critical of Coop in the past, but have to give him props for not showing up his QB after those plays.
You wonder when a WR just gets frustrated by working so hard to get open play after play and the QB can't either see you or is afraid or late pulling the trigger.

We need to get rid of Dak.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Yes, they can win with him but they must be at least a 50% run team, not 39% as they were. And they need a better and smarter defense.

I think many forget about the difference between Staubach, Aikman and Prescott. Look at their run games and defenses when they were winning NFCC games.

The Cowboys have not been within shouting distance of that defense in the 90’s.

It’s not about the triplets but those 11 on the other side of the ball.
I agree, I think we need to be more like SF than KC. we should be a run team first, with a power running game as we were in 2016. even when Romo played, we were a better team when we ran better (ala Murray).

our defense is improved under quinn, I think we have been able to draft better defensively, than in the past. for 15 years before 2020, we had one impact player drafted out of 43 picks, namely Lawrence and that ain't saying much. that many years of misses catches up with you and we even whiffed in FA signing (ala hardy, etc.).

Dak needs a QB coach to work with him, and I think he misses that. I don't think Moore is the answer at OC, and MM needs to be more deeply involved in game planning and more importantly in play calling on game days

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You wonder when a WR just gets frustrated by working so hard to get open play after play and the QB can't either see you or is afraid or late pulling the trigger.

We need to get rid of Dak.
sure. how? are you ready to take an 80M cap hit? 2023 will be 43M. I am fine with that, but that would mean a full on rebuild ala 1989.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I agree, I think we need to be more like SF than KC. we should be a run team first, with a power running game as we were in 2016. even when Romo played, we were a better team when we ran better (ala Murray).

our defense is improved under quinn, I think we have been able to draft better defensively, than in the past. for 15 years before 2020, we had one impact player drafted out of 43 picks, namely Lawrence and that ain't saying much. that many years of misses catches up with you and we even whiffed in FA signing (ala hardy, etc.).

Dak needs a QB coach to work with him, and I think he misses that. I don't think Moore is the answer at OC, and MM needs to be more deeply involved in game planning and more importantly in play calling on game days
So, you're saying the less Dak has to do the better chance we have to succeed? You're saying he needs to be Jimmy G and not Mahomes, right?

So then why do you get so upset when some of us say Dak is an overpaid bum? Because you're saying the same thing but just in a sugar coated way. Unless you believe Jimmy G is some kind of great QB and not also an overpaid bum like Dak that is.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
So, you're saying the less Dak has to do the better chance we have to succeed? You're saying he needs to be Jimmy G and not Mahomes, right?

So then why do you get so upset when some of us say Dak is an overpaid bum? Because you're saying the same thing but just in a sugar coated way. Unless you believe Jimmy G is some kind of great QB and not also an overpaid bum like Dak that is.
:huh:

what are you fishing for? you sound very very emotional.

I don't think Dak is a bum, he is just not a great NFL QB. end of story. He is a nice person. he is obviously successful as a person in achieving what he has. you tend to take things on a personal level with Dak related topics and that's your issue, not mine.

and I tend to separate Salaries specially after they are signed, because not much can be done, until we are able to cut them. which for Dak is probably after 2023 season.....

and on that point, then Lawrence is over paid bum, zeke is over paid bum, and NFL is littered with over paid bums as you call them. I know you don't care. yeah yeah yeah. you only care about Dak, given that's all you talk about.

I don't sugar coat. I just don't make/take it personal(ly), nor get emotional about it as you obviously do.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Yes I'm home today but not at mom's, she passed when I was 16 years old, god bless her soul.
I'm a 48 year old lifetime Cowboys fan who owns his own business and has 70 employees.
Played the game from 8 years old to 22 through college too

You were close though :thumbup:
I think then you are stuck in a time warp of some kind as your actions are of a 12 year old, immature kid who just found access to the internet. you need to grow up a bit and get to 25 at least.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
OH 6 plays....:facepalm:

More like...you want to treat the 6 plays as being 6 of 600.

:facepalm:

Well, get it straight you emotional wreck.

You started off with four, then “literally five,” and it’s pretty clear you’re talking out your arse.

“6 pLayz outta 60O!”

Yeah, once again that’s you treating it as if it was an exhaustive list.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
sure. how? are you ready to take an 80M cap hit? 2023 will be 43M. I am fine with that, but that would mean a full on rebuild ala 1989.
Tell me about it, the FO (Jerry and son) screwed us for a few years. Everything I suggested, they did the opposite (I was for the transition tag, the last 2 YEARS).

Now Dak can be the smug, rich, arrogant player who can't be cut and has a no trade clause. I got my deal, nothing anyone can do about that now. Players are not dumb, he is losing the locker room.

There is a way to get to players like that though, bench them. Attack their ego and wallet (lose considerable endorsements if you are not a starter).

Also their ego is attack, because now they are sitting their 40 million dollar butt on the bench. Used to be the center of attention, guess what Doak..err Derek or whatever your name is, you may not be starting here unless you play better.

Of course I won't be listened to again, I get it. At least it's a free forum to throw your ideas out there.

Malhavoc

Reaction score

I don't think Dak is a bum, he is just not a great NFL QB. end of story. He is a nice person. he is obviously successful as a person in achieving what he has. you tend to take things on a personal level with Dak related topics and that's your issue, not mine.

and I tend to separate Salaries specially after they are signed, because not much can be done, until we are able to cut them. which for Dak is probably after 2023 season.....

and on that point, then Lawrence is over paid bum, zeke is over paid bum, and NFL is littered with over paid bums as you call them. I know you don't care. yeah yeah yeah. you only care about Dak, given that's all you talk about.

I don't sugar coat. I just don't make/take it personal(ly), nor get emotional about it as you obviously do.
It’s the 40 m per year that brings the hate. Dak is not an elite QB. And as soon as they can get from under his contract they should. Which means that the next time they get an opportunity to draft his replacement you do it. Until then you get rid of the bad contracts. Cooper and probably DLaw this year. Elliott and Collins next year.

Brooksey

Reaction score
I think then you are stuck in a time warp of some kind as your actions are of a 12 year old, immature kid who just found access to the internet. you need to grow up a bit and get to 25 at least.

You little baby, you want to know what's immature? Covering your face up with emoji's when you disagree
with someone because you're emotionally attached or hate a player, you can't communicate on the facts.

That's what's childish

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score

I don't care about other teams overpaid talent. I care about the Cowboys overpaid talent. I said we should release D-Law because his bark has always been bigger than his bit. I also said in a thread yesterday that we should let Schultz and Gregory walk because Schultz can't block and Gregory is just 2020 Aldon Smith. Zeke is washed, but like Dak, we're stuck with him for now. If you looked at other threads besides Dak ones you'd see my thoughts on other guys.

You said that the Cowboys need to be like the 49ers, implying that they need to do with Dak what the 49ers do with Jimmy G, and that's making the QB position do the least amount possible. If that don't scream that you think Dak is a bum then you might want to change your opinion on how the Cowboys should handle him. UNLESS, you believe Jimmy G is not a bum. Which would then lead me to ask you then why is the 49ers wanting to get rid of him so bad? Why'd they trade away draft picks to move up and draft a QB?

Here's where I stand. I support any move that is going to make Dak look like who he really is, because we can't be suckered into another contract with him. Cooper being released will have a huge effect on the offense and Dak, therefore I support it, because with Dak we're never winning anything, so my hope is for the future when Dak is gone and we can get a real QB in here. Cooper being gone with further expose Dak for the overrated fraud he always has been.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I don't care about other teams overpaid talent. I care about the Cowboys overpaid talent. I said we should release D-Law because his bark has always been bigger than his bit. I also said in a thread yesterday that we should let Schultz and Gregory walk because Schultz can't block and Gregory is just 2020 Aldon Smith. Zeke is washed, but like Dak, we're stuck with him for now. If you looked at other threads besides Dak ones you'd see my thoughts on other guys.

You said that the Cowboys need to be like the 49ers, implying that they need to do with Dak what the 49ers do with Jimmy G, and that's making the QB position do the least amount possible. If that don't scream that you think Dak is a bum then you might want to change your opinion on how the Cowboys should handle him. UNLESS, you believe Jimmy G is not a bum. Which would then lead me to ask you then why is the 49ers wanting to get rid of him so bad? Why'd they trade away draft picks to move up and draft a QB?

Here's where I stand. I support any move that is going to make Dak look like who he really is, because we can't be suckered into another contract with him. Cooper being released will have a huge effect on the offense and Dak, therefore I support it, because with Dak we're never winning anything, so my hope is for the future when Dak is gone and we can get a real QB in here. Cooper being gone with further expose Dak for the overrated fraud he always has been.
What a loser of a fan to hope Dak looks bad. Y’all going out sad lol.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
What a loser of a fan to hope Dak looks bad. Y’all going out sad lol.
So, you think me saying I want "Dak to look like who he really is" is me saying I want him to look bad? Are you implying that by Dak looking like who he really is means that he's going to look bad?

I think you just had Freudian slip.....

Thank you for that.

Malhavoc

Reaction score

You are so full of it. You sit here and take aim at every player except Cooper. As it relates to his contract he played like a bum. He’s the fraud. And to add to that the dude doesn’t even have the integrity to show up in shape and not overweight. This team’s success isn’t tied to an overpaid and overrated WR.

Brax

Reaction score
I know the dak haters want to single handedly blame 100% of everything on Dak, but I think we have many problems. that's reality of it. Dak bears the brunt of most of it, but we have zeke issues, owner issues, coaching issues, OC issues, OL issues, defensive issues.

what is disappointing, is when we first went down this path after last year, it was a multi year process IMHO. we weren't going to be ready in one year. we made a great leap. we discovered some good things, and some bad things. now, we lose cooper, lawrence, schultz is FA, Gregory is FA and those are 4 key players on the team. on top of that 22M over the cap. in the meantime, the eagles went 9-7, playoff team and have 3 first round picks and heck of a lot more cap room than we do. this is not just on Dak, the Owner/GM and his son screwed this up royally. they create chaos when calm and good thinking is needed, its like they can't help themselves.

but I am sure people will say, but it was jerry that missed Open WRs........somebody is going to say it.

I am done with Dak too. but how much more Dak-bashing is needed? how many more ways we want to prove he is not good. geez people.
Good post, Dallas cap is 165 million on offense $$$ and 65 million on D side $$$ with DL accounting for 27 million of that and people wonder what the problem is. Thats Jerry's view of offense wins championships. It's sad that this is the philosophy that runs the organization.