I don’t really care if Richard stays or goes

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Haven't seen not one replacement nominee for Richard thru all the discrediting of his impact. Byron Jones would still be a FS...they didn't know what to do with him. It took a "Real" DB coach to get things right back there.

If Richard is gone cool, but go get somebody who can coach up all this talent, and not just hold a job b/c of the talent.
and you know that it was Richardson that made the call to make that move? and you know what coaching he is or isnt doing daily?

Chuck 54

Reaction score
How is this a farce?

Richard isn't the only person of color interviewing with the teams he is linked to. Jets interviewed Bienamy, Fins are talking to Flores, and the Bucs have talked with Bienamy and George Edwards. These guys all worked as coordinators under great coaches. As did Richard in Seattle.

These teams already complied with Rooney. Is it that hard to believe a person of color is being interviewed because of the quality of their work?
Yes, it is, considering the owners don’t actually hire them as head coaches very often.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
Richard has championship pedigree and the youthfulness that some teams will be looking for since the rams went with sean mcvay. He also clearly has the respect of his players.

I definitely don't see it in NY. Not sure about TB and Miami thus far. I definitely think the league is leaning toward offensive minded head coaches. However you can still bring in a defensive guy as long as you have the right "offensive guru" to handle your young quarterback.

Bottom line - Richard will at the very least get a D coordinator job you would think. So at the very least you would expect that he's going to be promoted to that position full time with a pay raise. Hopefully Jerry and co can prioritize this and keep him around. They can obviously pay him. Keep stability on the defense. let marinelli stay on as the consultant if he wants.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
That’s because Carroll decided to totally gut his staff and start over.
Things had gotten stale and he felt the need to reinvent his team. By all appearances, it worked.

The Realist

Reaction score
AS Steve Wilkes found out, sometimes its fools gold. Now he has nothing.

Sometimes it’s best to turn down an opportunity and wait for a better one even if it takes 5 more years. BP talked Zimmer into turning down the Nebraska job and it worked out.

zekecowboy

Reaction score
Lots of people slobbering over a guy that isn’t even the DC of a defense that was about the same as last year. Why? Because he has “passion” I guess. I know he’ll get interviews but what he has shown besides “passion” that make people think he’ll be a good HC? “Passion” lasts about a week so hopefully he has more to offer.

Kris turned the secondary around and often calls the defense during games. He is the guy that switched Byron Jones back from safety to cornerback. The guy is a keeper. Jerry plans to keep him. Its just a matter of how much Jerry pays him to stay. He is the heir apparent defensive coordinator.

Mr_437

Reaction score
and you know that it was Richardson that made the call to make that move? and you know what coaching he is or isnt doing daily?
I know results. I know BJ spent 3 years at FS on Marinelli's watch. I know Xavier Woods is exclusively a FS instead of a slot CB. I know AB is playing better than last year. I know the Defense is way way way better than last year.

Also, I know Stephen said Richard made the move and Richard spoke on the move of #31 himself.

When you know how to spell the coach's name holla back.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Yes, it is, considering the owners don’t actually hire them as head coaches very often.

Untrue. The hiring rate is dramatically improved. The firing rate, however, is accelerated.

If a guy like Adam Gase were Black, do you honestly think he'd be getting interviews after 6 and 7 win seasons where he failed to develop a young QB? Do you think if Steve Wilks were white, he'd be canned following a rebuild season?

Clear biases exist - i do think Rooney won't do much until colleges are on board though.

Qcard

Reaction score
Lots of people slobbering over a guy that isn’t even the DC of a defense that was about the same as last year. Why? Because he has “passion” I guess. I know he’ll get interviews but what he has shown besides “passion” that make people think he’ll be a good HC? “Passion” lasts about a week so hopefully he has more to offer.
Does Madden coaching staffs' have ratings?

droopdog7

Reaction score
Then why post like you're privy to all of it?

He ain't no Bill Cowher, nothing more than a motivator .

Richard has changed the secondary. Period.

One can literally see that.
I’m posting like I’m in the locker room? What?!? My point is simple and plain and obvious in my original post. Fans love the passion as I quoted multiple times. I think that’s just fluff. I’m not saying he does or doesn’t have substance but I’m not in love with the dude because he passionate.

I also noted that the defense is not that different from years previous and the numbers bare that out. I also note, correctly so, that he isn’t even the DC. So dude is getting WAY overhyped around here. Many go so far as to suggest we fire the coach just to keep him. That’s ludicrous.

Also, lots of people she transformed the secondary. Okay, but the proof isn’t there. Byron Jones in an all pro this year. But how do we know he would not have done that anyway since this is his first full term stint as a CB? As far as moving Jones to corner, by the end of last year it was clear as day that jones wasn’t making it as safety. Frazier had taken some of his snaps because jones was not psychical enough. The move to corner was more or less inevitable from last year.

And PLENTY of fans hating on chido, brown, and heath. So are they good or not? And of course the pass rush has improved too. And we know how a good pass rush helps the secondary. And, the interceptions still not there.

Last but not least, the defense in general been average the last quarter of the season and isn’t even in the top five overall.

My point is, the messiah talk is ropidiculous.

Last edited:

droopdog7

Reaction score
He is also the Defensive Play Caller ........ that has been much improved this year ......

You should think or research before you post.
How in the world can you comment specifically on defensive play calling? Please share your research on THAT.

nobody

Reaction score
He’s probably going to have a HC opportunity soon. Being a DC may not be enough to keep him around. If he really wants to be a HC, why would he stay here? Many on these boards act like we just need to pay him big bucks to stay. But for guys who really want to be a HC, throwing cash at them isn’t a guarantee to work.

Also, even if he's promised DC or even HC here later, why would he choose that over HCing somewhere else now where on a new team he'd probably get a ton more control than Jerry would allow here?
Unless he chose here to learn under Marinelli or something, I don't envision him staying long.

aaev84

Reaction score
That same ‘dude’ already has three HC interviews lined up and the season isn’t over yet..

Think what you want ab the guy, but very good coaches get fired all the time(for a variety of reasons). Nick Saban seems to be doing just fine. Betcha the Buckeyes wish they hadn’t fired thier assistant..
Wasn't Bill Bellicheck fired from the browns?

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Yes, he ees the pash oh natt one!
And
CAHREEZMA!!!

Qcard

Reaction score
Also, lots of people she transformed the secondary. Okay, but the proof isn’t there. Byron Jones in an all pro this year. But how do we know he would not have done that anyway since this is his first full term stint as a CB? And PLENTY of fans hating on chido, brown, and heath. So are they good or not? And of course the pass rush has improved too. And we know how a good pass rush helps the secondary. And, the interceptions still not there.

Last but not least, the defense in general been average the last quarter of the season and isn’t even in the top five overall.

My point is, the messiah talk is ropidiculous.
:lmao:No proof.. yet you give the proof of Kris coaching talent in the next sentence.. Kris Richard was the only Coach with conviction to leave Byron at CB.

The past staff where cluesless with Jones. The proof is in Jones 2nd and 3rd seasons.

Kris Richard is the coach that inspired the Legion of Boom...the mentality, the swagger, the aggressive play aka Passion!
The Dynasty ended but Kris's talent are unquestionable in today's NFL standards. That is why billionaires are flying him around the country for interviews...

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Also, even if he's promised DC or even HC here later, why would he choose that over HCing somewhere else now where on a new team he'd probably get a ton more control than Jerry would allow here?
Unless he chose here to learn under Marinelli or something, I don't envision him staying long.
Truth.