I don't get it millions of young coaches out there with new ideas

birdwells1

Reaction score
but every armchair internet GM/NFL owner player personal guy in here knows more then the entire Cowboys organization who apparently want to lose on purpose..:muttley::facepalm:

Naw, they don't want to lose, they just don't know how to win.

pansophy

Reaction score
Fans have no clue how good Moore could be. He could fail as OC but he has a similar background and tangebles that helped shape some very successful coaches.
Well obviously Jerry and Garrett believe there is somebody on the Rams staff that would be a better fit than Moore or we would have just announced it. Good coaches aren't always the first choice, but its clear that Moore isn't the first choice here.

P.S. I'm assuming the Rams and not the Patriots given the similar personnel and scheme of the Rams.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
At this point, if Jerry and Garrett think this is the best way to go, I don't care. They will sink or swim in 2019 based on this decision most likely.
Most of all it sets them up for another easy scapegoat if offense and Dak struggle.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
On the flipside, history probably isn't littered with good OCs with as limited a coaching resume as Moore.

There is massive risk if this is the direction this franchise goes. I think denying that (not saying you are) would be foolish. But as I said above, at this point, I think we are nearing the end of the Garrett experiment so I say let Jerry and Jason have what they want, even if it's risky like making Moore the OC, and see where the chips fall.

My gut says the chips don't fall well but we'll find out in 9-10 months.

If that's the argument people use - lack of experience - I think that's a fair and reasonable concern.

birdwells1

Reaction score
what do you know about Kellen Moore? most who think he is bad is because they associate him with Linehan and they hated linehan and thus they don't like moore. did anyone think McVay had brilliant ideas and was innovative before he became a head coach? or even OC with Commanders?

you hate columbo because? seemed like OL improved after he took over and the other coach was fired. and that was in mid-season.

and you just ranted a whole bunch without providing any solutions but identifying a lot of what you think are problems. Apprantley in NFL circles Moore is an up and coming coach...and please give us a few names you like to see in dallas and how you think that will happen. no fantasy football stuff. realistic options. and why they are good.

if you can't, then you are just *****ing, for the sake of *****ing

Sean McVay's resume before getting an OC position:
Kellen Moore's:
Just like Jason Garrett, he did nothing prior to getting the position to earn it.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Naw, they don't want to lose, they just don't know how to win.
yea because we sit there at 3-13 every year right? or did we accidentally stumble into 3 division wins out of 5 years and play in the playoffs, only missing 3 straight seasons because of roger goodell IMO? we suck so hard because we have no talent, no coaches, bad owners, and horrible GM..

rightttt:rolleyes: bottomdweller losers, we are and yet here you are as a fan just complaining..:thumbup:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Kellen Moore's:
Just like Jason Garrett, he did nothing prior to getting the position to earn it.

He did have a little more coaching experience than either Garrett or Moore, but you are right that the resume does not suggest he was ready to be an OC.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
On the flipside, history probably isn't littered with good OCs with as limited a coaching resume as Moore.

There is massive risk if this is the direction this franchise goes. I think denying that (not saying you are) would be foolish. But as I said above, at this point, I think we are nearing the end of the Garrett experiment so I say let Jerry and Jason have what they want, even if it's risky like making Moore the OC, and see where the chips fall.

My gut says the chips don't fall well but we'll find out in 9-10 months.
I don't know how risky it is. If worse comes to worst, Garrett will call the plays....not that I like that idea, but if that's the worst that happens, it shouldn't be disastrous.

birdwells1

Reaction score
yea because we sit there at 3-13 every year right? or did we accidentally stumble into 3 division wins out of 5 years and play in the playoffs, only missing 3 straight seasons because of roger goodell IMO? we suck so hard because we have no talent, no coaches, bad owners, and horrible GM..

rightttt:rolleyes: bottomdweller losers, we are and yet here you are as a fan just complaining..:thumbup:

If making the playoffs is your standard for success then congrats to you, no I really mean it I wish that i could lower my standards for this team and be happy with them just breathing or not giving up on JG it must feel good. I guess making it to the NFCCG is too much to ask and I better not expect a SB appearance or anything like that.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Neither was Tony Dungy or Nick Saban or Bill Belichick.
The list goes on.

It would be a very short list of great NFL players who became great NFL HC’s.
Curly Lambeau
Norm Van Brocklin
Art Shell
Forrest Gregg
Raymond Berry
Mike Ditka

birdwells1

Reaction score
He did have a little more coaching experience than either Garrett or Moore, but you are right that the resume does not suggest he was ready to be an OC.
I was referring to Moore becoming the OC.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Also...using a coaches playing career as a way to discredit him from being a coach is absurd.

Well you know the old saying: Those that can, do. Those that can't, teach"

Like any old saying, while it may not be absolutely true, there's a bit of truth in there...

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Kellen Moore's:
Maybe he's just a quicker learner than McVay. :muttley:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I know that, and you used McVay's resume prior to becoming an OC as a comparison, and also referred to Garrett's resume prior to becoming an OC. It's not unfair to note that McVay had a little more coaching experience, but ultimately I was agreeing with you that none had resumes that suggested they were ready for an OC position.

blueblood70

Reaction score
If making the playoffs is your standard for success then congrats to you, no I really mean it I wish that i could lower my standards for this team and be happy with them just breathing or not giving up on JG it must feel good. I guess making it to the NFCCG is too much to ask and I better not expect a SB appearance or anything like that.
if you use blanket statements like saying they dont know how to win, you will get those responses..to phucking bad for you, you cant enjoy a sport and take it personal that they join the other 30 teams in the league yearly that fail to make SB.. the Cowboys are relevant, they do win, and they have to make the playoffs to get where they need to go, this is a completely rebuilt team, very young and 2016 to now is short time to start judging their failures by the previous 20yrs of not making it to the SB..Its the Team you know the players who are playing the game we are supposed to love, its why we watch. too many say we suck when you know it can be much much worse..im sick of it , if you dont like anything about the team go follow another..come back when they start winning like all bandwagon know it all never satisfied fans..

of course we all want a SB trip but this site is full of closet haters, double spies, secretly covet other teams just trashing our team like an oppositions team Fan base..as Fan I can be unhappy with losses, we can debate the games, be upset but the ones that just trash every aspect of the team year round some hope for losses and Tanking, its absurd..

get over yourselves you DO NOT KNOW MORE THEN ANY Cowboy FO or owner , you just think you do..

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
The list goes on.

It would be a very short list of great NFL players who became great NFL HC’s.
Curly Lambeau
Norm Van Brocklin
Art Shell
Forrest Gregg
Raymond Berry
Mike Ditka

Ah, I can't agree on Ditka, sure he was the head coach of a SB winner, but if you look at the team he had, most of the players were drafted/selected by Neil Armstong but Armstrong was fired before the guys got settled in to the NFL. Also, Buddy Ryan's '46' defense was so dominating, the offense didn't have to do much, Bears defense had 3 fumble recoveries and 2 interceptions.

Add to that Ditka's giving up every New Orleans draft pick for Ricky Williams, and I just don't consider Ditka a great coach. Great player, yes though..

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Kellen has been preparing to be an OC since HS

His Dad is a big time HS coach and Kellen played 4 years at Boise under innovating Chris Peterson

Another 4 years in the NFL soaking up knowledge and he is ready to roll

He will be 31 Flavors compared to the Vanilla offense we have been running

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
2019 is slated for a wasted year. Garrett isn’t going to all of a sudden change and become innovative. Nor is his offense going to become any less predictable with the departure of Linehan.