I don't think I'll ever understand "sport fans"

BoltsNHorns

RamsFan
Reaction score
How can there be Cowboys fans living in California? I mean how? How can you be a fan of a team that you have no connection with? Why not move to the state of the team you support if you love it so much over there?

If you are in California, you should be fan of a California team. How can you live in California, a Cowboys fan, and live with yourself?

Now its one thing if you are only in California for work and have families in Texas or something that make sense.

This is my worst post but I'm pretty LIVID if you could not tell. Its one thing to be a Dallas Cowboys fans, its another being a California Cowboys fans. The home field situation alone is already pissing me off!

Iago33

Reaction score
I’m a Cowboy fan who was born in Dallas in the early 1970s. I grew up watching Roger Staubach, Danny White, and was in my 20s for Aikman. I’ve lived in 4 states since then, but why would I stop being a Cowboy fan?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
How can there be Cowboys fans living in California? I mean how? How can you be a fan of a team that you have no connection with? Why not move to the state of the team you support if you love it so much over there?

If you are in California, you should be fan of a California team. How can you live in California, a Cowboys fan, and live with yourself?

Now its one thing if you are only in California for work and have families in Texas or something that make sense.

This is my worst post but I'm pretty LIVID if you could not tell. Its one thing to be a Dallas Cowboys fans, its another being a California Cowboys fans. The home field situation alone is already pissing me off!
Ask all the t-shirt Laker fans in San Antonio.

BoltsNHorns

RamsFan
Reaction score
I’m a Cowboy fan who was born in Dallas in the early 1970s. I grew up watching Roger Staubach, Danny White, and was in my 20s for Aikman. I’ve lived in 4 states since then, but why would I stop being a Cowboy fan?

My post had nothing to do with you. You were born as a Cowboys fans. I'm talking about folks who never even been to Dallas or Texas and are Cowboys fans instead of being a Chargers or Rams fan.

BoltsNHorns

RamsFan
Reaction score
Ask all the t-shirt Laker fans in San Antonio.

You don't think those Lakers fan travel from California but rather are Lakers fans that live in San Antonio? Beside those fans disgust me. No heritage, no loyalty. The Spurs are a damn great organization! Why wouldn't you be a Spurs fan if you live in SA versus being a Lakers fan?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
You don't think those Lakers fan travel from California but rather are Lakers fans that live in San Antonio? Beside those fans disgust me. No heritage, no loyalty. The Spurs are a damn great organization! Why wouldn't you be a Spurs fan if you live in SA versus being a Lakers fan?
That’s why I said ask them and maybe it will answer your question.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score

Stupidest take in all of sports is that you have to have some connection to a team be a fan.

DFWJC

Reaction score

:omg::lmao2:

DFWJC

Reaction score
The OP might have a VERY slight argument if the person in question was born and raised in a certain state that always has had that same sports team there.

That's about as far as you can get from reality in California. Most fans are not from there originally and most teams don't stay there.

And even if it was that way....say, if you live in Wisconsin with the packers...there is still something called free will.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score

One possible reason could be that the Cowboys have a long history in California from their many years of holding TC in Thousand Oaks to their current relationship with Oxnard. Couple that with the fact that LA didn't have a team for a good while...that could account for a lot of the fandom. Outside of that, I got nothing.
As an add-on, I hope to see a sea of silver 'n blue come Saturday night. :D

cajuncocoa

✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮
Reaction score

I’m a Cowboys fan from New Orleans...I’ve supported the Cowboys for over 50 years. There’s more to living here than the football team. My family is here. I can watch the Cowboys on TV.

Bigdog

Reaction score
I think it is also where you grew up and what was on the TV at that time. I grew up in upstate NY and the Cowboys were always on TV along with the Giants (who play in NJ). the other teams that was on the three channels that I got growing up was either the Jets, Pats, or Bills depending on what team was doing well at that time. I know many fans on CA who are Red Soxs fans who never been to Boston. It should not matter that you live in that state or city you automatically root for that team.

DFWJC

Reaction score
California has always been a bit lackluster to their NFL teams

The Rams screwed their fans and left LA to St Louis. Stayed in SL for 20 years. Did not even move back to LA until 1995.
Oakland can never sit still...always screwing their fans over.
The Chargers were San Diego's team forever, until they weren't
Why would any California NFL fan feel an real allegiance to their team?

Top that off with the fact that the majority of Californians came from other states (or countries) anyway.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
America’s Team, my friend. As much as nobody wants to admit it.

I’ve never understood this complaint anyway. Why can’t you be a fan of a team and live in a different state? What difference does it make?

BoltsNHorns

RamsFan
Reaction score
OK.

What bands do you like? Where are they from? Not your home state, huh? How can you like them then!?

Also, by your rational you should have stopped being a Rams fan when they moved to St. Louis.

Are you really comparing a band to a sport team?

I was not a Rams fan when they were in St. Louis either.

BoltsNHorns

RamsFan
Reaction score
America’s Team, my friend. As much as nobody wants to admit it.

I’ve never understood this complaint anyway. Why can’t you be a fan of a team and live in a different state? What difference does it make?

Because you have no connection to them?