I don't think I'll ever understand "sport fans"

BoltsNHorns

RamsFan
Reaction score
The rams left LA when? Those fans weren't required to be loyal to a team that wasn't loyal to them. People in LA should just drop who they like just because they decided to come back? Also the Chargers were in San Diego until those greedy *******s decided to move them. It sucks to be rams chargers and raiders fans. Especially Raiders fans because this will be the second time their team left Oakland.

I never thought of it that way. You do have a good point. Has the Cowboys always been loyal to the city of Dallas?

InTheZone

Reaction score
How can there be Cowboys fans living in California? I mean how? How can you be a fan of a team that you have no connection with? Why not move to the state of the team you support if you love it so much over there?

If you are in California, you should be fan of a California team. How can you live in California, a Cowboys fan, and live with yourself?

Now its one thing if you are only in California for work and have families in Texas or something that make sense.

This is my worst post but I'm pretty LIVID if you could not tell. Its one thing to be a Dallas Cowboys fans, its another being a California Cowboys fans. The home field situation alone is already pissing me off!
I'm a Cowboys fan living in NC. I've lived in TX, LA, OH, and CA, you think I should be a fan of the Chargers, Raiders, Browns, Bengals, Lions, Panthers, Saints, and 49ers? And I should also now be a fan of the Texans and Rams since those teams moved to those states after I've lived there? How are we not all Texans fans? You can't even be a Rams fan at this point.

Don't overthink it. I'd rather someone be a fan for life regardless where they're from or currently live, than to have fans root for the team of the year

BoltsNHorns

RamsFan
Reaction score
I'm a Cowboys fan living in NC. I've lived in TX, LA, OH, and CA, you think I should be a fan of the Chargers, Raiders, Browns, Bengals, Lions, Panthers, Saints, and 49ers? And I should also now be a fan of the Texans and Rams since those teams moved to those states after I've lived there? How are we not all Texans fans? You can't even be a Rams fan at this point.

Don't overthink it. I'd rather someone be a fan for life regardless where they're from or currently live, than to have fans root for the team of the year

I always thought you were mandatory obligated to be a fan base on two external factors - either A) your dad and B) that states and cities in which you live in? If that is not the case, why it really throw everything I was taught to believe in out of the window.

I'm not for example a Lakers fans anymore. Over the year, the franchise have pretty much said **** you to its fanbase with its stupid cable only Time Warner deal. And when you still want to support it via league-pass, it blocks the Lakers from showing up.

As for football, I think I'll be a Rams fan until they decided to screw over their fan base again. Someone on here pointed out that California football teams aren't loyal which mean I don't have to be loyal to these money grabbing franchise. Does this mean I can go back and root for the 49ers instead? If Geographical proximity does not matter, then first off why am I even a fan of LA teams? I hate this city, I get mistreated here, and my misery is tie to living in LA for far too long.

Regardless I chose the Rams. They are my team but I feel on edge with who the Rams owner is and he was also responsible for stealing the Rams from LA.

InTheZone

Reaction score
I always thought you were mandatory obligated to be a fan base on two external factors - either A) your dad and B) that states and cities in which you live in? If that is not the case, why it really throw everything I was taught to believe in out of the window.

I'm not for example a Lakers fans anymore. Over the year, the franchise have pretty much said **** you to its fanbase with its stupid cable only Time Warner deal. And when you still want to support it via league-pass, it blocks the Lakers from showing up.

As for football, I think I'll be a Rams fan until they decided to screw over their fan base again. Someone on here pointed out that California football teams aren't loyal which mean I don't have to be loyal to these money grabbing franchise. Does this mean I can go back and root for the 49ers instead? If Geographical proximity does not matter, then first off why am I even a fan of LA teams? I hate this city, I get mistreated here, and my misery is tie to living in LA for far too long.

Regardless I chose the Rams. They are my team but I feel on edge with who the Rams owner is and he was also responsible for stealing the Rams from LA.
I don't support things I don't like either, but I like what Jerry and the Cowboys stand for. If it wasn't for them I wouldn't even watch the NFL as I haven't watched another team play in 2018. I watched my first games of other teams in the playoffs. If you feel the Rams are just pure trash due to management then feel free to leave them. You gave perfectly clear and understandable reasons to leave a team, but then you half measure the Rams. It's ok to root for them if you like the team.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
How can there be Cowboys fans living in California? I mean how? How can you be a fan of a team that you have no connection with? Why not move to the state of the team you support if you love it so much over there?

If you are in California, you should be fan of a California team. How can you live in California, a Cowboys fan, and live with yourself?

Now its one thing if you are only in California for work and have families in Texas or something that make sense.

This is my worst post but I'm pretty LIVID if you could not tell. Its one thing to be a Dallas Cowboys fans, its another being a California Cowboys fans. The home field situation alone is already pissing me off!

How old are you? I don't think it's realistic for an adult to up and move to the city or state of their favorite sports team. There are many reasons one can be a fan of a team outside their area, more than I feel like listing, but the idea that you should pick up and move to a different city or state based on your favorite team makes no sense.

I know you ended up saying you understand work/family reasons, but who doesn't have a job, has the means to pick up and move cities? And this hypothetical adult also has no family in the area?

bodi

Reaction score
born in Iowa

love the Razorbacks

love the Cowboys since the ice bowl

BoltsNHorns

RamsFan
Reaction score
How old are you? I don't think it's realistic for an adult to up and move to the city or state of their favorite sports team. There are many reasons one can be a fan of a team outside their area, more than I feel like listing, but the idea that you should pick up and move to a different city or state based on your favorite team makes no sense.

I know you ended up saying you understand work/family reasons, but who doesn't have a job, has the means to pick up and move cities? And this hypothetical adult also has no family in the area?

Too old and senile at times.

Xelda

Reaction score
I never thought of it that way. You do have a good point. Has the Cowboys always been loyal to the city of Dallas?
Most teams don't relocate. I don't quite understand what's going on in your area. It's like the NFL has time shares in California.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Because you have no connection to them?

What connection do you have to the following:

1. Food you like
2. Tv shows/movies you enjoy
3. Musical artists you enjoy
4. Brands you enjoy and prefer

The answer is you enjoy them. So how is sports different? This made up notion you have to be from the area to enjoy a team is lame. I am talking a woman who has enjoyed the Cowboys since she grew up and is from LA. Who cares. I have a lot of friends who hate the Cowboys and enjoy other teams and live in the DFW. Sports is entertainment. These players aren't from the areas they play for most of the time. And players come and go constantly. So what is the problem?

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I've never stepped foot in the state of Texas yet I've been a Cowboy fan since the 70's. I grew up in NC where the Commanders were pretty much the home team. And I can't stand them. And I can't stand UNC or Duke either.

BoltsNHorns

RamsFan
Reaction score
What connection do you have to the following:

1. Food you like
2. Tv shows/movies you enjoy
3. Musical artists you enjoy
4. Brands you enjoy and prefer

The answer is you enjoy them. So how is sports different? This made up notion you have to be from the area to enjoy a team is lame. I am talking a woman who has enjoyed the Cowboys since she grew up and is from LA. Who cares. I have a lot of friends who hate the Cowboys and enjoy other teams and live in the DFW. Sports is entertainment. These players aren't from the areas they play for most of the time. And players come and go constantly. So what is the problem?

I guess because Sports is competitive compares to the things you listed. Sports is as much about passions as it is about entertainment. You are right about players not playing for their hometown teams otherwise Brady and Rodgers are both Niners (WOW)!

BoltsNHorns

RamsFan
Reaction score
So does this mean as a Canadian I have to turn in my fan card?

Geez, and less than a week before a playoff game. Tough luck.

Na Canadian can be a fans of any team or all teams. For example, I'm a fan of Chelsea football club and I don't quite know why other than that when I was little, my favorite color was blue and I like the name Chelsea.