I dont think Trysten Hill has shown up yet

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
- i saw Hill making a few tackles in this game including a tackle for a loss. at least we are seeing that.
i'm preparing myself that he may not be there as a sack master this year as he is just too raw and underdeveloped and has that much to learn
at the NFL level. But it's important that he is game active and get some kind of snaps instead of being redshirt on inactive list.
He got half a sack.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
After last night, I saw him in but disappeared as usual. I don't know what they saw in him to be such an early pick.

..you guys seeing something else?

He's a rookie, he's a wide eyed kid playing against MEN....what did you expect to happen....any draft pick needs time to develop and I don't even talk about draft picks until they start the offseason program after year two unless they're making a positive plays on the field for the team...I think too many fans have too great of an expectation from rookies..

kskboys

Reaction score
This. He's a project with really only one strength. His ability to explode out of his stance with quickness is what he relies on. Looks like he's never been challenged to actually work on his game. Needs coaching and a lot of work/practice.
Yup. I was against drafting him because it was quite apparent how raw he is. Not a terrible prospect by any means, but more of a 4th round talent, which is where you take shots at raw players.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
This wasn’t just some midround pick, this was a freaking second rounder. A pick people trade to get into the top 10. A pick people trade pro bowlers and slightly-below-elite players for.

Compound that with the fact it was your top pick, you can’t give up on him yet. He is the future of your O-line, he determines whether you have to spend bit at the position later or burn a higher draft pick and call it a wash. Have faith, he has too much backing him to give up now.

Mr_437

Reaction score
I agree with the project approach. Rod n Leon will get Hill going in the right direction... it's just about how long will it take him. Come December, ain't no rookies!

Polkton31

Reaction score
The guy has played sparingly in 3 preseason games and people are already calling him a wasted pick/bust. This guy was drafted late in the second round. He wasn't a top 10 pick. What did people expect? He was going to come in and be the next Warren Sapp in preseason? Some people on here kill me. Probably the same people that called DLaw a bust and wasted pick, or the ones that had to be talked off the ledge when Jaylon was picked. Give it some time people. It's the preseason, not 12 games into the regular season. Good thing some posters here don't work for the recruiting department of the Cowboys.

starfan1

Reaction score
After last night, I saw him in but disappeared as usual. I don't know what they saw in him to be such an early pick.

I don’t see anything yet that warranted them passing on the much needed safety spot but the story is still to be written it’s early

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

If you look at him, his upper body is waaaay too small to make much of a difference right now. Lower body is strong and he gets good initial quickness. But unless you can throw these Olineman around, your done. Another year like Connor Williams.

heir

Reaction score
he looks better with each game. By mid season I feel he will make a few plays a game and contribute a little. I personally think he just lacks NFL strength right now. Hopefully he comes in after next offseason with improved strength like Williams did this year.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
We reached for him because of his measurables.

Maliek Collins and even Taco are looking like they are following in DeMarcus Lawrence’s footsteps of taking a few years to develop and then getting a return on investment.

We’ll probably just have to wait on Hill too because right now he plays like he is trying to find his diamond earring in the dirt.

Collins has always been good, he's just had injuries. Were still waiting for Taco to show up in real games.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
The guy has played sparingly in 3 preseason games and people are already calling him a wasted pick/bust. This guy was drafted late in the second round. He wasn't a top 10 pick. What did people expect? He was going to come in and be the next Warren Sapp in preseason? Some people on here kill me. Probably the same people that called DLaw a bust and wasted pick, or the ones that had to be talked off the ledge when Jaylon was picked. Give it some time people. It's the preseason, not 12 games into the regular season. Good thing some posters here don't work for the recruiting department of the Cowboys.
Well said.

And having been on this message board for many years now, I can tell you that many of them talking about Hill like he’s a bust are the same people who called D-Law a bust and had to be talked off the ledge after picking Jaylon Smith.

As a matter of fact, I think many of them actually jumped off of that ledge, lol.

erod

Reaction score
Probably won't suit out for one game unless there is a rash of injuries.

Juan Thornhill was there.

Watch that career closely.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Yes sir, we passed on some great safeties for this nobody

FYI Thornhill is regressing and got beaten badly in the last PS game. May still be a better pick but it’s way too early to call it