I feel like everyone here is trying to shut up realists

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
He deserves THE criticism that he is receiving for his play this week. That is a true statement that in no way implies that no one else deserves THE criticism they are receiving for this weeks play.

Dude, that's middle school reading and comprehension. Trust me.
That's not what he said. You are changing his sentence wording and structure around to defend him.

Once again, read over exactly what he said and how he said it, especially in bold:

"I just meant I see people mocking people calling out Dak. Almost like they are dak fans first. He played badly. The entire team did and he deserves the criticism at least this week."

ESisback

Reaction score
Generally the problem with realists is they think they are being objective but give analysis as if they never watch any other NFL games. OK, sure, Dak had a bad game, but the fact you parade it around shows how out of touch you are with the rest of the NFL and other quarterbacks. Brady, Mahomes, Stafford, etc. - they all have bad games too. That's part of the NFL. To freak out when it occasionally happens is silly.

And there are those whose number one priority ISN’T the Cowboys winning, but rather them being “right” about that coach or player they’re always “being realistic” about.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
Don't know what you mean by "this board" but there are posters here that are going to take exception with Prescott being "attacked" just as it was with Romo.

And realism is all about perception, not reality.

My opinion is he wasn't ready to play and they let him stay in trying to turn it around, his inaccuracy was apparent to anyone.

Now, whether anyone here thinks McC has the power to pull Prescott, well, that's a another reality.
Wise man once told me perception is reality.

Aulac

Reaction score
Nobody here hates Dak.

Nobody here wants him to fail. If he fails we fail. Some of us just want to see winning football. However anytime we call Dak out, people come out of the woodwork to call us stupid or whatever. We are realists. I am going to judge my QB after a win AND after a loss. He got payed and part of the job is having fans saying what they think even if the team doesn't care.

If we win next week? I'll be all for dak. However yesterday? He **** the bed. I don't get why this is an argument

Loving the Cowboys is not enough, you have to love Dak, or else you are a Eagles or Giants fan. That how Dak's homers think. Ironically some of them hate Romo.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Nobody here hates Dak.

Nobody here wants him to fail. If he fails we fail. Some of us just want to see winning football. However anytime we call Dak out, people come out of the woodwork to call us stupid or whatever. We are realists. I am going to judge my QB after a win AND after a loss. He got payed and part of the job is having fans saying what they think even if the team doesn't care.

If we win next week? I'll be all for dak. However yesterday? He **** the bed. I don't get why this is an argument
With a game like the Cowboys had yesterday, the realist I am would first like to know who had a good game.

johneric8

Reaction score
Nobody here hates Dak.

Not me, Dak is awesome, one of the best in the league, he had a bad game, so what it happens.. Anyone who isn't emotionally weak understands the entire organization sucked yesterday for the most part and Dak was just an extension of the ineptness..

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just meant I see people mocking people calling out Dak. Almost like they are dak fans first. He played badly. The entire team did and he deserves the criticism at least this week.

The same goes the other way around. Don't point out one side and say it is fair.
There are people on here that will not admit when Dak has played great. It goes both ways.

shabazz

Reaction score
Loving the Cowboys is not enough, you have to love Dak, or else you are a Eagles or Giants fan. That how Dak's homers think. Ironically some of them hate Romo.

Excellent point.....except I would have changed your last sentence to read ; “ Unsurprisingly many of them hated Romo”

tyke1doe

Reaction score
We all need to grow up.
This is a DISCUSSION forum about the Dallas Cowboys.
Some like Dak as a quarterback.
Some don't.
Some are indifferent.
So what if you fall into either category?
You have the right to speak your voice.
People either can engage you, ignore you or block you.
Stop with the calling the moderators to close a thread, whining about too many pro-Dak, anti-Dak (or any player for that matter) threads, etc.
Don't like them? Don't click on them.
Don't like what the poster has to say? Bypass his/her post or block him/her.
But if you want to engage them, engage on (within the forum's rules, of course). That's why this forum exists.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Realists...is the same as ...hater...IMO :laugh:

Whenever someone calls themselves a "realist" it is 95% of the time in a negative way of what they are posting about.
I never have seen a "realist" say, ....hey, Dak played great, I am being a realist about him...

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
We all need to grow up.
Some don't.
Some are indifferent.
So what if you fall into either category.
Stop with the calling the moderators to close a thread, whining about too many pro-Dak, anti-Dak (or any player for that matter) threads.
But if you want to engage them, engage on (within the forum's rules, of course). That's why this forum exists.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Sorry, know I've posted this more than once. But it's all I can see with some of these posts. :laugh:

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
We all need to grow up.
Some don't.
Some are indifferent.
So what if you fall into either category?
Stop with the calling the moderators to close a thread, whining about too many pro-Dak, anti-Dak (or any player for that matter) threads, etc.

You trying to audition for a Mod job?