I feel like everyone here is trying to shut up realists

Aulac

Reaction score
We all need to grow up.
This is a DISCUSSION forum about the Dallas Cowboys.
Some like Dak as a quarterback.
Some don't.
Some are indifferent.
So what if you fall into either category?
You have the right to speak your voice.
People either can engage you, ignore you or block you.
Stop with the calling the moderators to close a thread, whining about too many pro-Dak, anti-Dak (or any player for that matter) threads, etc.
Don't like them? Don't click on them.
Don't like what the poster has to say? Bypass his/her post or block him/her.
But if you want to engage them, engage on (within the forum's rules, of course). That's why this forum exists.

But that the thing, only Dak's homer are the one that tell mods to close thread. They are the one that accuse other Cowboys fans of being an Eagles or Giants fan. Non-Dak supporters don't do that, so it completely one-sided.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Reality is all we have. And the reality of the Dallas Cowboys and Dak is inconsistency. They look like world beaters one week then get trashed the next. You have to want to be great. I'm not so sure this team is at that point yet. Dak will always be what Dak is. He's a little better then Romo but he's no Brady yet. So that's why you need a good to better then good defense. One needs to ask the question also why our GM didn't make at least one trade to help the defense. So Dak is just one of the problems in Dallas. Not "THE" problem. The GM on down are also in the mix.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Have you read my posts? I do try to address the post I am quoting but my thought process is such that I chain think and just put it there.

I never said you said anything about his pay but that is connected in so many posts about him that it just came to mind. This thread is about Prescott. I wasn't aware that I was "stepping on everyone" as I think I show more respect for my fellow members than you ever have. I will do my best to avoid any response to your posts in the future, unless I have to.

I'll take the 9 points for Dallas against Atlanta. The World Series was enough for them...:):)

tyke1doe

Reaction score
But that the thing, only Dak's homer are the one that tell mods to close thread. They are the one that accuse other Cowboys fans of being an Eagles or Giants fan. Non-Dak supporters don't do that, so it completely one-sided.
Whoever does it, I think it's whiny, and the moderators shouldn't listen to them.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I honestly believe no one hates Dak. I honestly dont. Who I really do hate are the same people who constantly criticized Romo and blamed him for all the failures are the pretty the same people who are Dakazoids and Dak can do no wrong. Double standards. What has Dak accomplished and what how has he helped this organization win? So far nothing.

That is a something that I see often also. "Well, Romo sucked worser than Dak so..." How some of the die hard Dak fans always bring up Romo for some odd reason. I guess just because Romo did not win a SB, it must be OK for Dak to play bad at times just like Romo.

However, in my mind, if both players were the same age and played with the same team at the same time, Romo would blow Dak off the map...just the way it is.

Aulac

Reaction score
No arguments with the OP. It's totally fair to call out Dak after a game like this. And I do my best not to argue with people and if I do, I make sure never to make it personal. Everybody is entitled to their opinions and it's not up to any of us to change each others' minds.

My only issue is this: if you're going to tear Dak to pieces after he plays like garbage, fine. Just make sure to give him credit for the wins when he plays well too. It seems some fans have less interest in the Cowboys' success and more interest in keeping an anti-Dak agenda alive in an attempt to get under the skin of those who defend him.

I wonder what other fan boards are like today. The Bills managed two field goals against a one win Jaguars team, the Raiders choked at the Giants, and the Rams couldn't beat a Derrick Henry-less Titans team at home that couldn't even top 200 yards offense. So should Josh Allen, Derek Carr, and Matthew Stafford tear up their contracts too?

I don't give him credit when he does well because it is EXPECTED.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Parsons, Osi, Turner, Martin, Lewis…that’s about it.
Martin was chasing LB's too much yesterday and I think that's not him as much as an OL problem.

Most of the talk is about the skill positions but that OL was a real mess yesterday and they cannot have that again because the ATL DC is watching film of that.

The Cowboys are dependent on that OL and the run game to open everything up and that didn't happen yesterday and then they couldn't even pass block as well as a top 16 OL, let alone a top 5.

Doesn't matter about Prescott or Elliott or Cooper or Lamb. As the OL goes, so go the Cowboys. That's pretty true of most offenses but particularly the Cowboys.

Proof

Reaction score
Nobody here hates Dak.

Nobody here wants him to fail. If he fails we fail. Some of us just want to see winning football. However anytime we call Dak out, people come out of the woodwork to call us stupid or whatever. We are realists. I am going to judge my QB after a win AND after a loss. He got payed and part of the job is having fans saying what they think even if the team doesn't care.

If we win next week? I'll be all for dak. However yesterday? He **** the bed. I don't get why this is an argument

say you’re new here without saying you’re new here

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I don't give him credit when he does well because it is EXPECTED.

That's a very good point. However, is it realistic to think Dak or any quarterback to NEVER have a game like he had yesterday? In the NFL that's impossible. It's also easy to forget that maybe the Broncos had something to do with it as well. The Cowboys learned they just can't show up with gaudy statistics and expect the other team to fold.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nobody here hates Dak.

Nobody here wants him to fail. If he fails we fail. Some of us just want to see winning football. However anytime we call Dak out, people come out of the woodwork to call us stupid or whatever. We are realists. I am going to judge my QB after a win AND after a loss. He got payed and part of the job is having fans saying what they think even if the team doesn't care.

If we win next week? I'll be all for dak. However yesterday? He **** the bed. I don't get why this is an argument

I love Dak just think he is one overpaid needs to be carried average QB!

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Have you read my posts? I do try to address the post I am quoting but my thought process is such that I chain think and just put it there.

I never said you said anything about his pay but that is connected in so many posts about him that it just came to mind. This thread is about Prescott. I wasn't aware that I was "stepping on everyone" as I think I show more respect for my fellow members than you ever have. I will do my best to avoid any response to your posts in the future, unless I have to.
I could care less about your posts until you are replying to me. Your thought process is jacked up so change it or you will continue to get your A hole ripped by me every time you do that crap. I don't care if you are a mod or not, that means less than zero to me. Which explains why I get benched so much.

Last edited:

SackMaster

Reaction score
What you have to understand here is that a small group of people that have invested the last 5 years defending Dakota since day one. They self identified their own lives with Rayne being the face of the Dallas Cowboys no matter what the cost and no matter how’s his performance was.

They are in the minority but have the loudest voices. Since it’s so deeply personal with them, having a normal civil debate is near impossible.

Most fans realize that Dakota has had his best season and knew that the whole team played awful yesterday......but the difference here is that this small group won’t criticize Dak’s performance and most importantly, won’t tolerate anybody else criticizing him either.....
While I won't disagree with you, there is a "ying" (Prescott can do no good) to the "yang" (Prescott can do no bad) around here.

And both are equally loud and equally wrong.

If each side could just be realistic in saying that:
  1. Prescott has played at an MVP level before this week
  2. But against the Broncos, he played like complete garbage
We could possibly achieve balance in the force. But as long as one extreme exist, the other will be there to oppose it.

JMHO

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Let's read it over again together.

"I just meant I see people mocking people calling out Dak. Almost like they are dak fans first." He's talking about you.

"He played badly." Do you deny that? Is this not true?

"The entire team did" Is that not criticism of the entire team?

"and he deserves the criticism at least this week."
Does he not deserve the criticism he is receiving?

ps. When I said "he is talking about you" I didn't mean he is talking about you and only you. My phrasing does not mean that he is not talking about others also. Much the same way saying "Dak deserves THE criticism he is receiving" doesn't mean that others don't deserve THE criticism they are receiving.

If you walk in to an ice cream parlor and state, "I like THE maple walnut", does that mean you don't like any of the dozens of other flavors?

Once again, you are failing to understand basic English. In bold, he is strictly blaming Dak by saying "he deserves THE criticism at least this week". If he didn't mean to blame Dak solely, he should have said "and he deserves SOME/MOST" or even "and he deserves criticism", but he didn't say that. He specifically said "he deserves THE CRITICISM THIS WEEK", which refers to blaming Dak for this loss.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think Dak had a off game. Hated it but it happens to all qb's. A good portion of the team did as well. We could call it a anomaly and move on to the next game. If it happens again next week then it's a problem.
Happened to Allen, Burrow and Stafford yesterday and all 3 have been in the MVP conversation.

I think if this didn't happen, the phrase "any given Sunday" wouldn't exist. I watched that game last night only because what happened in the earlier games and when a crazy day happens in football, college or the NFL, it spreads. I wasn't surprised at all that TEN spanked LAR without the best RB in the game. It was just that kind of day.

Last edited:

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Nobody here hates Dak.

Nice try but reason is unreasonable to unreasonable people. They are going to interpret it (ie, twist it) so it's an attack rather than a simple evaluation. Doesn't matter if you are also calling out every other player. "Their" guy cannot be associated with any words that aren't glowingly complimentary. That kind of extremism would make the Supreme Leader proud.

Bottom line, you know he stunk yesterday. The reasonable people on this board knows he stunk yesterday. Dak knows he stunk yesterday. Ignore the ones who say otherwise. You'll live a happier life.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I could care less about your posts until you are replying to me. Your thought process is jacked up so change it or you will continue to get your A hole ripped by me every time to do that crap. I don't care if you are a mod or not, that means less than zero to me. Which explains why I get benched so much.
I really don't think anyone here wonders why you get benched so much.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Once again, you are failing to understand basic English. In bold, he is strictly blaming Dak by saying "he deserves THE criticism at least this week". If he didn't mean to blame Dak solely, he should have said "and he deserves SOME/MOST" or even "and he deserves criticism", but he didn't say that. He specifically said "he deserves THE CRITICISM THIS WEEK", which refers to blaming Dak for this loss.

Here, maybe this will sooth you soul. Dak does not deserve any criticism of any kind from anyone.

How's my English?

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I love Dak just think he is one overpaid needs to be carried average QB!

If the QB's name isn't Brady or maybe Rodgers, who else can win without a team effort? Dak was miserable yesterday but he was no worse than Josh Allen, Matthew Stafford, Derek Carr, or Joe Burrow. Did any of them carry a struggling team on their back?