I feel like everyone here is trying to shut up realists

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
All I know is if they don't play better going forward, Dak won't be MVP, Moore won't be a head coach next season, and we can stop talking about home field advantage and start worrying about the division. No way we can be as bad as what we saw yesterday.

With the Packers and Rams losing as well, Cowboys haven't really lost ground in terms of homefield advantage at all.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
The board isn't doing anything. Some individuals might. As for that goes, I doubt there are more than a couple of blind homers that would disagree that Dak played poorly yesterday. I think the key to keeping it reasonable is to recognize that it is one game.

I haven't seen a single post saying Dak had a good game.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nobody here hates Dak.

Nobody here wants him to fail. If he fails we fail. Some of us just want to see winning football. However anytime we call Dak out, people come out of the woodwork to call us stupid or whatever. We are realists. I am going to judge my QB after a win AND after a loss. He got payed and part of the job is having fans saying what they think even if the team doesn't care.

If we win next week? I'll be all for dak. However yesterday? He **** the bed. I don't get why this is an argument

That may be for some, but not for all.

Some only tend to come out after a loss and or if Dak has a bad game.

When Dak has a stellar game, you cannot find those individuals ever saying anything nice about the QB during or after that game.

Further the term Realists has become too skewed.

If you are truly a Realist than you can admit when he has a bad game and you can also admit when he is doing great. Normally it is one or the other with some and if that is the case, they are not being real, they are being butt hurt and biased.

Mobinvans

Reaction score
Any board with fans will have homer’s who think 3rd stringers on the team are future Hall of Famers

But this board is managed pretty darn good, can’t recall last time I seen someone banned for something

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
the Facebook “truthers” are doing it for the greater good of society

not-sure-if-serious-gif-4.gif

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
So your opinion of him will sway based on how he played in a given week?
If there are weeks like this staggered throughout the season, it'll worry me, but for just one game, with the OL playing poorly, I'm not going to put it to him. Sure he threw some really bad throws, but mostly under duress...and most of the game seemed to have him under duress.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If there are weeks like this staggered throughout the season, it'll worry me, but for just one game, with the OL playing poorly, I'm not going to put it to him. Sure he threw some really bad throws, but mostly under duress...and most of the game seemed to have him under duress.

I think you can put it on Dak...just not all of it on Dak.

That whole Blame the QB for everything is so simplistic and stupid IMO.
Just as you should not give the QB all the credit when a team wins.

If that was the case we could just go for Two Man Iron Football where we have the QB play on Offense by himself vs the other teams QB on defense by himself.

CowboysFever1973

Reaction score
"and he deserves the criticism at least this week."

Once again, you are failing to understand basic English. In bold, he is strictly blaming Dak by saying "he deserves THE criticism at least this week". If he didn't mean to blame Dak solely, he should have said "and he deserves SOME/MOST" or even "and he deserves criticism", but he didn't say that. He specifically said "he deserves THE CRITICISM THIS WEEK", which refers to blaming Dak for this loss.
Can you stop taking what I said out of context?

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Reality is all we have. And the reality of the Dallas Cowboys and Dak is inconsistency. They look like world beaters one week then get trashed the next. You have to want to be great. I'm not so sure this team is at that point yet. Dak will always be what Dak is. He's a little better then Romo but he's no Brady yet. So that's why you need a good to better then good defense. One needs to ask the question also why our GM didn't make at least one trade to help the defense. So Dak is just one of the problems in Dallas. Not "THE" problem. The GM on down are also in the mix.

Inconsistency may be a problem for the team but for the most part since the beginning of 2020 Dak has been pretty consistently good. Yesterday was a stinker to be sure but it's the exception not the rule. Dak has not played that poorly since the Pats game in 2019. Over two years ago.. Even in the Philly game that everybody brings up he was not that bad.. And that was with a bum wing and the receivers trying to set a world record for drops that day. So you can't point to something that happens every third season as the norm. That kind of talk will get you rightfully labeled a hater. It's the 90-95% when he plays great that is his norm.. not the 5-10% when he doesn't. Sorry but that's "reality."

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I think you can put it on Dak...just not all of it on Dak.

That whole Blame the QB for everything is so simplistic and stupid IMO.
Just as you should not give the QB all the credit when a team wins.

If that was the case we could just go for Two Man Iron Football where we have the QB play on Offense by himself vs the other teams QB on defense by himself.
If you misunderstood, I was saying I won't put it "to" him, not "on" him, meaning I'm not going to berate him over one bad performance. Regardless, I agree.